Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-26-2020, 03:06 PM   #91
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Which was garbage and didn’t help with pre-existing conditions.

Allan
Crash your car with no insurance. Then call and try to buy some....

There other ways to handle pre-existing conditions.

Here in Houston you have clinics that are popping up that will only see Hispanics. They are cheap and they import drugs from Mexico. I cannot be treated there.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:13 PM   #92
delayjf

There you go a racist clinic - wonder what BLM would think of that?
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2020, 04:10 PM   #93
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
Go back to what was in place before Obamacare. What is needed is to address the costs associated with healthcare, not a new programs that only addresses who pays for your healtcare.
A true managed care model (closed network with a true gatekeeper) would manage costs, but many Americans revolted against that in the mid 1990s when it was tried in certain areas. In any case, I agree with your overall point about costs. If it were easy, though, it would have already happened.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2020, 05:58 PM   #94
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Trump has not abandoned HC reform - look at the new insulin pricing agreements just reached - this is MAJOR for MANY people who has to choose to eat diner or get insulin.

Just one more item on the list of GOOD thing Trump has gotten done that is ignored. Had this been Obama, it would have been BREAKING NEWS.

Insurance is NOT the answer. Cost/price is.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:42 PM   #95
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2020, 07:14 PM   #96
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Trump has not abandoned HC reform - look at the new insulin pricing agreements just reached - this is MAJOR for MANY people who has to choose to eat diner or get insulin.

Just one more item on the list of GOOD thing Trump has gotten done that is ignored. Had this been Obama, it would have been BREAKING NEWS.

Insurance is NOT the answer. Cost/price is.
Exactly right!! Won't hear this on the news...........
Old 06-26-2020, 07:21 PM   #97
horses4courses

The hits just keep on comin'.....

The administration that taketh away and giveth ZERO.

This might have been better timed around Sept/Oct
but it's still just what Democrats need.

I hope SCOTUS upholds this.
Trump will take another nosedive in the polls.
Basically, he's fu**ed....there is no viable alternative.

Plus, I'm hearing something about further tax cuts for the top 1%.
To be continued......
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2020, 08:07 PM   #98
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Crash your car with no insurance. Then call and try to buy some....

There other ways to handle pre-existing conditions.

Here in Houston you have clinics that are popping up that will only see Hispanics. They are cheap and they import drugs from Mexico. I cannot be treated there.
That is babyshit compared to those who are gaming the system, I know of several and exactly how they do it. Two sisters living in Manchester NH as roommates not really but in a duplex with their boyfriends, neither one works enough hours to have Obama Care cost them anything. The older one 35 drives a Mercedes Benz station wagon and the other one Cadillac SUV. Obama Care works when you don't. One sister said if Trump screws things up that she is moving back to Canada. Over the last number of years several temporary workers have opened their yaps wide how good that they have it but they have to watch their hours worked. I suspect all doing well inside the underground economy. The say one in five knows of someone who has died from Covid-19. I say two in five know someone who is gaming Obama Care.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 12:30 AM   #99
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
The administration that taketh away and giveth ZERO.

This might have been better timed around Sept/Oct
but it's still just what Democrats need.

I hope SCOTUS upholds this.
Trump will take another nosedive in the polls.
Basically, he's fu**ed....there is no viable alternative.

Plus, I'm hearing something about further tax cuts for the top 1%.
To be continued......
Come fall, the big issues will be the economy and probably China - the US and EU joining forces to stand up to them.
Do us a favor, keep telling everyone you know how Biden is killing him in the polls.......PLEEEEZE!
Old 06-27-2020, 01:37 AM   #100
clicknow

since i know a few people fighting cancer and other things, I have always believed in some kind of universal health care for people and I guess that is why most developed nations have something.

Vietnam has a very good health care system.

I know it's not that simple, but I think somebody needs to work on a fiar and equitable plan for people in these United States. I am not knowledgeable enough to know all the possible combinations and permutations, but when you get very ill with a chronic disease and lose your job, and your job is your connection to your health care,, that's a problem I don't wish on anybody.

Going to chemo every day, and then having to live in your car isn't okay.

Many good ideas put forth in this topic, hope something works out, either with fixing costs or whatever is going to benefit the most people in these United States because we should not live in a first world country and die from stuff that could have been diagnosed early on, because we can't afford to go to a doctor.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-27-2020 at 01:41 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 10:06 AM   #101
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Come fall, the big issues will be the economy and probably China - the US and EU joining forces to stand up to them.
Do us a favor, keep telling everyone you know how Biden is killing him in the polls.......PLEEEEZE!
Is it possible Trump supporters of 2020 are the Never Trumpers (me) of 2016, meaning you're in denial? I admit a lot could happen between now and the election, but Trump is clearly behind at this point (you don't request additional debates when you're ahead).

For male voters
, "the big issues will be the economy and probably China." That's probably a more accurate assessment. Female voters are now repelled by Trump. That's a different dynamic.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 11:06 AM   #102
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
Is it possible Trump supporters of 2020 are the Never Trumpers (me) of 2016, meaning you're in denial? I admit a lot could happen between now and the election, but Trump is clearly behind at this point (you don't request additional debates when you're ahead).

For male voters
, "the big issues will be the economy and probably China." That's probably a more accurate assessment. Female voters are now repelled by Trump. That's a different dynamic.
"Female voters are now repelled by Trump" was that a poll, or did the grocery checker tell you that. Or bettor yet, the grocery checker told you it was a poll.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 11:21 AM   #103
highernote

Quote:
Yeah, ACA was SO good, all those who voted FOR it FOR us exempted themselves from it.

Right.
That's why obama said if you like your health care plan you can keep it. He knew washington politicians liked their health care plans too much to give them up.

If everyone was forced into the same plan then everyone would have great healthcare, but that's never going to happen.
highernote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 01:44 PM   #104
JustRalph
Just another Facist

This ruling isn’t due for a year
Old 06-27-2020, 05:05 PM   #105
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post

For male voters
Absolutely not, because we got what be wanted when we voted for Trump.

YOU guys deny all the good thing he has done, and the list is long and very good.

Myself, I laugh at you and hcap types because you keep telling how stupid we are for following Trump - but WE see it as he MORE than fulfilled his promises, as much as he could with zero help from the left.

WE think of it as continuing the progress, the likes of which we have not seen in decades.
YOU guys keep saying how bad he is, BUT you can't list anything bad he done - just focus on stupid tweets and talk. WE HAVE REALITY.
And we have faith that the majority of Americans are far too smart to buy into the dems and Biden BS.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: