Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #3796
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Jesus' outer message was to the people of that time and culture and the limited literal understanding of "outer man"......the exoteric man. And this is what unfortunately gets distorted as it is passed down thru the ages

He also composed for the inner man. Those that had some inkling of spiritual self evolution and esotericism. The inner maintains more integrity and is distorted less because the symbols used are designed to bypass the mechanical intellect and words alone, and fall much deeper into the inner man.
I gotcha now. In other words, Jesus was a double-babbler.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #3797
boxcar

Quote:
Hey box,

A bit tied of religion and politics. Don't want to start an entirely new thread, so I thought I would ask you here. Whatever happened to the program you were working on with your angles? I do remember you posting that a while back.

I do not program much anymore due to failing eyesight, but I did get involved previously with some handicappers who wanted their angles tested. But in order to accomplish that, a database with results is required. Did you get that far?
This is really ironic. I've grown a bit tired of the ponies. (And my last encounter with them at the last Saratoga meet was something else again. I don't think I'll forget that experience as long as I live.)

My programmer never finished the last necessary program, so no, we didn't set up a database because we need for this program to be finished, which he has tried to assure me over the holiday season that he would do this year.

But whether he does or doesn't, my priorities have shifted. So, it's doubtful I'll ever get back in the game in a big way -- or maybe in any way. I truly do have a sense that God wants me to spend more of my time pursuing spiritual-biblical pursuits.

Boxcar
Old 01-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #3798
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
...my priorities have shifted...I truly do have a sense that God wants me to spend more of my time pursuing spiritual-biblical pursuits.

Boxcar
Lucky us...
Old 01-15-2013, 02:23 AM   #3799
TJDave

God's perverted sense of humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Lucky us...
Laughing with the Lord
Old 01-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #3800
hcap

Quote:
This is really ironic. I've grown a bit tired of the ponies. (And my last encounter with them at the last Saratoga meet was something else again. I don't think I'll forget that experience as long as I live.)

My programmer never finished the last necessary program, so no, we didn't set up a database because we need for this program to be finished, which he has tried to assure me over the holiday season that he would do this year.

But whether he does or doesn't, my priorities have shifted. So, it's doubtful I'll ever get back in the game in a big way -- or maybe in any way. I truly do have a sense that God wants me to spend more of my time pursuing spiritual-biblical pursuits.

Boxcar
If I remember correctly, much of your approach was dependent on human judgement. I have worked with many who have preferred that direction over a purely mechanical one. I don't necessarily disagree although others and myself also like a hands off mechanical approach---other than the initial programming and then tweaking. IMHO, you can combine both. If you haven't already, speak to your programmer about an input area in your program, before selections are transferred to your database where the user can indicate his selection based on judgement. Feedback on how one does is quite useful and after a few weeks of recording picks, a view into ones record linked to distances, types of races, odds,, etc., can be very handy both as a check on the programs picks and the users.

Last edited by hcap; 01-15-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #3801
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
...God wants me to spend more of my time pursuing spiritual-biblical pursuits.

Boxcar
For what its worth, more people claim to see Jesus Christ, or at least reference HIM, while watching a race they have wagered on more frequently than during any other activity per capita. Go with the Lord to the paddock and useth thath wisdometh to profit the prophet.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 01-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #3802
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Lucky us...
I also had a word a truth from him: He wants me to spend more time on this thread. So yes, you're right...
Old 01-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #3803
hcap

Quote:
I also had a word a truth from him: He wants me to spend more time on this thread. So yes, you're right...
Could that mean perhaps he wants you to broaden your horizons some?
Old 01-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #3804
wes

I hope it's not SATIN speaking to you.
wes
Old 01-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #3805
boxcar

Quote:
Could that mean perhaps he wants you to broaden your horizons some?
That's an inevitable good result when one digs into the word. So, yes, that is very cool!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #3806
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes
I hope it's not SATIN speaking to you.
wes
I tested the spirits. All is good.

And "satin" is very nice material, by the way. What do you have against it?

Boxcar
Old 01-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #3807
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
I tested the spirits. All is good.

And "satin" is very nice material, by the way. What do you have against it?

Boxcar
It speaks to him.

~Alan Watts
Old 01-20-2013, 03:26 AM   #3808
hcap

Quote:
That's an inevitable good result when one digs into the word. So, yes, that is very cool!
If God wanted you to dig into the Word, you would not be told to dig into this thread. Evidenrtly he does want you to broaden your horizons, thinking outside your self limiting PROVERBIAL BOX
Old 01-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #3809
Greyfox

Could Adam have been Chinese? Or are these researchers "wong."

LEIPZIG, Germany, Jan. 22 (UPI) --
Researchers say ancient DNA suggests humans living 40,000 years in China were likely related to many present-day Asians and American Indians.

Scientists sequencing nuclear and mitochondrial DNA extracted from the leg of an early modern human from Tianyuan Cave near Beijing say the Tianyuan human shared a common origin with the ancestors of many present-day Asians and indigenous American peoples, a release from the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, said Tuesday.

Humans with morphology similar to present-day humans appear in the fossil record across Eurasia between 40,000 and 50,000 years ago, but the genetic relationships between these early modern humans and present-day human populations had not yet been established, researchers said.

More at: http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire...22-174101-2300
Old 01-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #3810
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister
It speaks to him.
Satin is a him?