Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #16
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
Link?

I know some pollsters have left but I don't think they have been conceded.
Tough to find a link but when you follow the money they've pulled a pile of money out of those two states and wisely, NorthC, since the Pres debate.

NO QUESTION, FL, NC & VI are unattainable for CampBO.

They have to do it quietly though. Pulling up stakes from states is unavoidable in their situation. RUSH to the salvageable.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #17
GameTheory

Yeah, suddenly the map looks pretty good for Romney. On the current "no toss up" RCP map, you only need to flip the razor-thin Obama leads in OH, VA, & NH and Romney's got 279 -- on the RCP averages Obama is up 1.3 in OH, and less than a point in the other two, and Romney is leading in all three on at least some polls...
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Not going to be close.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #19
GameTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Not going to be close.
That's my feeling. It shouldn't be, anyway. But reality is tricky sometimes...
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #20
wes

Is that where the 47 percent lives?
wes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #21
fast4522

I can tell you about New Hampshire, it will go for Romney. Just about the only hot seller around NH is guns, new gun stores everywhere with sales going threw the roof. Not good for Team Obama, the motivation is not going well for the left here in general. Core belief is if your not part of the solution you have to go.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #22
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522
I can tell you about New Hampshire, it will go for Romney. Just about the only hot seller around NH is guns, new gun stores everywhere with sales going threw the roof. Not good for Team Obama, the motivation is not going well for the left here in general. Core belief is if your not part of the solution you have to go.
Where does this idea that Obama is anti-gun come from? As far as I can discover he favors no new gun laws and merely advocates enforcement of existing laws. Is Romney in favor of not enforcing the law? Where and when did Obama make any statement on this subject and exactly what did he say? Ditto Romney.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #23
fast4522

Gun people, at least the law abiding ones do not vote demarcate up here.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #24
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
Where does this idea that Obama is anti-gun come from? As far as I can discover he favors no new gun laws and merely advocates enforcement of existing laws. Is Romney in favor of not enforcing the law? Where and when did Obama make any statement on this subject and exactly what did he say? Ditto Romney.
“The president believes we need to take common sense measures that protect the Second Amendment rights of Americans while ensuring that those who should not have guns under existing laws do not get them,” he said. “And there has been progress in that regard in terms of improving the volume and quality of information in background checks.”

The candidates’ positions on gun control, which has been a back burner issue for years now, also seem unlikely to change.

“I’m not going to take away your guns,” Obama promised in September 2008. However, he advocated closing the loophole that allows for gun purchases without background checks at gun shows and for reinstating the assault weapons ban.

Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney has actually been more active than Obama on gun control — albeit during his time in Massachusetts. Since leaving office, he has moved away from those positions.

While running for Senate in Massachusetts in 1994, Romney supported background checks and a ban on some assault weapons. “That’s not going to make me the hero of the NRA,” he said. Running for governor in 2002, he said, “We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts — I support them. I won’t chip away at them. I believe they help protect us, and provide for our safety.”

As governor, in 2004, signed an assault-weapons ban in the state. However, that law won support from some gun-rights advocates by making it easier to get and renew a firearms license. Romney also raised the state’s gun-registration fee from $25 to $75.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...pNyW_blog.html

Not exactly polar opposites on the subject when it comes to actually governing.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2012, 09:16 PM   #25
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
I sure remember Obama's diisparagng remark about people clinging to their guns and bibles.

Last edited by Steve 'StatMan'; 10-14-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This election really should NOT be close, as GT stated. There is no way Obama should win, let alone win big. That's why these overseas betting lines have shocked me all along. I just could not wrap my head around it.

You have an economy that is still shit. You can spin it anyway you'd like, blame it on the past, but it's still shit. That never favors an incumbent.

Plus, you have a President in Obama who beat McCain/Palin/Bush last time out. It was almost a gimme.

Obama won because of who he was facing and because he promised and talked about a lot of feel-good stuff. Hope and change. People bought into that nonsense.

Now they see he has brought neither hope, nor change, and essentially, has continued many of the prior administrations policies. He has even failed to come through on many of the SPECIFIC promises he made during the campaign (like Gitmo).

So why should he be reelected? He has pissed off his base by being more to the right then they expected, and he has pissed off the independents by bringing neither hope nor change.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #27
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
This election really should NOT be close, as GT stated. There is no way Obama should win, let alone win big. That's why these overseas betting lines have shocked me all along. I just could not wrap my head around it.

You have an economy that is still shit. You can spin it anyway you'd like, blame it on the past, but it's still shit. That never favors an incumbent.

Plus, you have a President in Obama who beat McCain/Palin/Bush last time out. It was almost a gimme.

Obama won because of who he was facing and because he promised and talked about a lot of feel-good stuff. Hope and change. People bought into that nonsense.

Now they see he has brought neither hope, nor change, and essentially, has continued many of the prior administrations policies. He has even failed to come through on many of the SPECIFIC promises he made during the campaign (like Gitmo).

So why should he be reelected? He has pissed off his base by being more to the right then they expected, and he has pissed off the independents by bringing neither hope nor change.
Thanks for the insight. I think I'll change my mind and vote for the man who can't be swayed.

I think things are improving. Sue me.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:49 PM   #28
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
I thought I figured that cerrectly. Sure enough, I went back to my records and it checked out. You Special Agent Federalies are MANDATED to hit the bricks at 57, let alone 50. What an odd thing that must be, retire at 50. But ALL SORTS of government workers do it.

Quote:
IRS Special Agents are able to retire at the age of 50 given that they've provided at least 20 years of federal law enforcement service, or at any age if they've provided 25 years of such service. Mandatory provisions stipulate that all federal law enforcement personnel retire by the time they're 57 years old with at least 20 years of law enforcement service.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #29
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
If you don't mind me asking by what metric would you say things are improving?
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2012, 12:11 AM   #30
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
If you don't mind me asking by what metric would you say things are improving?
NJ thinks part time jobs are the greatest....
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply