Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:11 AM   #11761
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
Whatever. You are the one that told all the non-elect unbelievers to heed you. Why should they heed you if you won't explain to them how they would benefit?
That's right. That's exactly what I said. They are still accountable to God despite their spiritual inability to believe the gospel and repent of their sins. This is why they should take to heart what I'm telling them. They would benefit if they humbled themselves and had the fear of the Lord in them, for as the blind man said, God hears the prayers of such. Then God would listen and save whoever calls upon his name.

Look at self-righteous Actor. He just got done telling me that pride isn't the issue even after I recently quoted 1Pet 5:5. Talk about someone whose understanding is darkened (Rom 1:21; Eph 4:18).

Boxcar
Old 04-18-2014, 12:56 AM   #11762
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Well, you're not righteous, despite all the good thoughts you entertain about yourself.
Well, if I'm wicked, just how wicked am I? Am I up there with Hitler, Caligula, Nero and Dracula? Or am I just a nuisance, like the leprechauns?

Quote:
Are you offended?
Not offended. Some other word. What was it? Oh, yes. Amused.

Quote:
And then you wonder why God hasn't saved you?
It was a rhetorical question. Missed that, did you?

The actual question was not why God hasn't saved me but why did He not intervene in my de-conversion? Nuance of meaning there. The obvious reasons are either (1)He doesn't exist, or (2)despite all His propaganda to the contrary, He just doesn't give a shit. (Deist God!)

Quote:
You don't believe you're [morally/spiritually] sick
Spirituality is a religious concept made up by religious types to further their own agenda. It's a NUL concept.

As for morality, that's relative. It's not an absolute. What's moral in one culture may be acceptable in another. For example, in 18th century England it was considered immoral to be seen nude in public. But when Captain Cook arrived in Tahiti he found that the natives were generally nude. (Paradise Lost ) Hollywood has yet to get that scene right.

The English really messed things up for the Tahitians. They brought Christianity. And clothes!!

Quote:
So, why would you need a Physician to come and save your life?
I have a physician. I'm a three time cancer survivor and I have this terrible pain in my lower back from the motorcycle accident.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:00 AM   #11763
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Look at self-righteous Actor.
Ad hominem attack.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:00 PM   #11764
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
Well, if I'm wicked, just how wicked am I? Am I up there with Hitler, Caligula, Nero and Dracula? Or am I just a nuisance, like the leprechauns?

Not offended. Some other word. What was it? Oh, yes. Amused.

It was a rhetorical question. Missed that, did you?

The actual question was not why God hasn't saved me but why did He not intervene in my de-conversion? Nuance of meaning there. The obvious reasons are either (1)He doesn't exist, or (2)despite all His propaganda to the contrary, He just doesn't give a shit. (Deist God!)

Spirituality is a religious concept made up by religious types to further their own agenda. It's a NUL concept.

As for morality, that's relative. It's not an absolute. What's moral in one culture may be acceptable in another. For example, in 18th century England it was considered immoral to be seen nude in public. But when Captain Cook arrived in Tahiti he found that the natives were generally nude. (Paradise Lost ) Hollywood has yet to get that scene right.

The English really messed things up for the Tahitians. They brought Christianity. And clothes!!

I have a physician. I'm a three time cancer survivor and I have this terrible pain in my lower back from the motorcycle accident.
Actor, you were never converted to begin with! True Christians CANNOT "de-convert". (That's Show Me's kind of heresy.) So, the "third reason" is that there was no reason for God to intervene. You were simply a lost, religious person at that time, and now you're a lost atheist. You simply have had a change of religion. Now, you are your own god.

Sorry to hear about your physical problems. But your brain should have told that I was referring to your spiritual sickness.

And, of course, morality in your world would be relative. This is another way you're self-righteous; for you do whatever you think is right in your own eyes.

Boxcar
Old 04-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #11765
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
there was no reason for God to intervene.
What reason does God need?
Old 04-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #11766
thaskalos

Quote:
God doesn't need ANYTHING from man. It's the absurdity of man that assigns human characteristics to God...and assumes that God needs something that man could provide.

Pure silliness...IMO.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #11767
boxcar

Quote:
You asked, why he didn't intervene on your behalf, did you not?

Boxcar
Old 04-18-2014, 07:19 PM   #11768
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
God doesn't need ANYTHING from man. It's the absurdity of man that assigns human characteristics to God...and assumes that God needs something that man could provide.

Pure silliness...IMO.
Well, Actor, was the one who asked the silly question. He wanted to know why God didn't do something on his behalf. Clearly he was looking for a reason.

Boxcar
Old 04-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #11769
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

And God is silent. He is silent because his response is there, on the cross: Jesus himself, the eternal Word who out of love became man; he is God’s answer.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 04-18-2014, 09:32 PM   #11770
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
You asked, why he didn't intervene on your behalf, did you not?

Boxcar
No, I did not. I asked why God did not intervene in my de-conversion. I.e., why didn't God intervene in His own behalf?

According to Christianity, God wants something. Since God's supposedly omnipotent, what God wants, God gets. He wants people to believe in Him. The simple way to accomplish that is to simply reveal Himself, to everyone, not just some shepherd in the desert via a burning bush, or some guy who got lost in the desert and ate some ergot. But does He do that? No. He hides from the world. He reveals Himself to only a few, some of them obvious charlatans, then goes into hiding for millennia. On top of that the only record He leaves of His revelations is an ancient text of dubious authenticity. To question the text makes one a "heretic" and a "reprobate." To not question the text one has to be gullible or an idiot or both.

Conclusion, God wants only gullible idiots in heaven.

If God truly wants people, other than gullible idiots, to believe in Him then it's obvious that His plan is terribly flawed.

So let me rephrase the question. If God really wanted me to believe, why did He not make me a gullible idiot?
Old 04-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #11771
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
True Christians CANNOT "de-convert".
No True Scotsman fallacy.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:57 PM   #11772
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your physical problems.
Not to worry, I have Obamacare!
Quote:
But your brain should have told that I was referring to your spiritual sickness.
And your brain should have told you I being facetious and rejecting your thesis.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #11773
thaskalos

Quote:
No, I did not. I asked why God did not intervene in my de-conversion. I.e., why didn't God intervene in His own behalf?

According to Christianity, God wants something. Since God's supposedly omnipotent, what God wants, God gets. He wants people to believe in Him. The simple way to accomplish that is to simply reveal Himself, to everyone, not just some shepherd in the desert via a burning bush, or some guy who got lost in the desert and ate some ergot. But does He do that? No. He hides from the world. He reveals Himself to only a few, some of them obvious charlatans, then goes into hiding for millennia. On top of that the only record He leaves of His revelations is an ancient text of dubious authenticity. To question the text makes one a "heretic" and a "reprobate." To not question the text one has to be gullible or an idiot or both.

Conclusion, God wants only gullible idiots in heaven.

If God truly wants people, other than gullible idiots, to believe in Him then it's obvious that His plan is terribly flawed.
And the same thing could be said about Jesus. He came among us as God incarnate...but his divinity was largely rejected...and he ended up nailed on a cross. As he was dying on the cross...the Roman soldiers mocked him, and kept egging him on to prove that he was the son of God by coming down from the cross. But Jesus died on the cross like a man. And when he resurrected himself three days later...did he take a walk down to the marketplace so the masses could see him...and he could prove conclusively that he indeed "beat the grave"? No...he chose instead to appear only to his closest disciples...whose opinion of him was already heavily biased.

Ok...let's say that he couldn't get down off the cross...because the plan was for him to die a violent death so he could wash off the sins of mankind. But why not appear in front of the masses after his resurrection...if his motive was to be believed as the son of God and the only savior of man?

Last edited by thaskalos; 04-18-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:59 PM   #11774
Actor
Librocubicularist

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/fa1...tionist-cosmos
Old 04-18-2014, 11:07 PM   #11775
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
And the same thing could be said about Jesus. He came among us as God incarnate...but his divinity was largely rejected...and he ended up nailed on a cross. As he was dying on the cross...the Roman soldiers mocked him, and kept egging him on to prove that he was the son of God by coming down from the cross. But Jesus died on the cross like a man. And when he resurrected himself three days later...did he take a walk down to the marketplace so the masses could see him...and he could prove conclusively that he indeed "beat the grave"? No...he chose instead to appear only to his closest disciples...whose opinion of him was already heavily biased.

Ok...let's say that he couldn't get down off the cross...because the plan was for him to die a violent death so he could wash off the sins of mankind. But why not appear in front of the masses after his resurrection...if his motive was to be believed as the son of God and the only savior of man?
Mr. Chaos......what in the world is your point and your problem? And by the way, is this what you say in front of your 6th grade students? You're talking to very wise and discerning mature adults here.......patience is fading....
Closed Thread