Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 10-21-2017, 06:40 PM   #46
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
2017-10-21 02:13 PM NEW: $750 GAME TOP 3 SPLIT* (WPS) KEE Last 8
2nd - $68.00
$180.00

yeah I won; it was nip and tuck all the way to the end. I like these top 3 split contests. Don't have to win, just finish in top 3. Contest didn't fill completely so $180 instead of $250.00

very tight finish
1$ tcat(1) 5 68.20
2$ afleet(1) 5 68.00
3$ palletman17(1) 5 64.30
4jj529ko(1) 7 56.80
5amxxv25(1) 5 56.10
6breadline(1) 3 55.80
7saratoga1(1) 3 48.40
8zeezee(1) 11 32.60
9medicor1(1) 7 32.40
10maximus(1) 2 29.70
Hey man congrats!!!!

What was the entry in that one? 22?
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2017, 07:55 PM   #47
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Hey man congrats!!!!

What was the entry in that one? 22?
thanks, $34
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2017, 11:53 AM   #48
oughtoh

Congrats on your 2nd lace. What site was this through.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2017, 07:31 PM   #49
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
Congrats on your 2nd lace. What site was this through.
Derbywars
Old 11-03-2017, 07:16 PM   #50
soupman2

After reading this thread I played my first contest on Derby Wars. Been signed up for about a year but never played. Won my first contest ($9.50 entry 13 players). I think just having to focus on who is going to win worked for me. I've been in a pretty bad slump. Then again, not doing so hot on the BC races today.

Bob
soupman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2017, 07:55 PM   #51
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupman2 View Post
After reading this thread I played my first contest on Derby Wars. Been signed up for about a year but never played. Won my first contest ($9.50 entry 13 players). I think just having to focus on who is going to win worked for me. I've been in a pretty bad slump. Then again, not doing so hot on the BC races today.

Bob
Hey Bob thats great man...I have been getting killed pari mutual wise, I think I am going to stick to the contests with the occasional regular bet.

Congrats on the win
Old 11-05-2017, 12:20 AM   #52
GMB@BP

Ugh...finished 3rd in a 10 man contest today, by 4bucks from second and 9 dollars out of first.

I believe the contest sites suite my handicapping and will continue with them.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:17 AM   #53
Si2see

Like normal I am taking off from breeders cup until gulfstream opening weekend.

I am going to play the $87 Horse Player World Series qualifier once a week from Dec 2nd until the Tournament in March.

My ultimate goal is to win 3 entries. ( Truthfully the hardest part about it is winning the 1st one )

Winning Entry 1. I will play, I will also go and play even if I don't qualify because by March I will desperately need a vacation

Winning Entry 2. I will cash in for the $1500, that would allow the ENTIRE trip to be paid for

Winning Entry 3. I would play this as my second entry in the contest.

Last year I won 2 of the 3 I was trying for but decided to play both. I was pretty cold over the two days and finished midpack or worse with both. In 2015 I believe it was, my best finish at the world series 29th place. The funny story about that is I was actually in 11th going into the final day, but being a younger guy alive for a LIFE CHANGING amount of money, I didn't sleep all night and made terrible decisions the next day in the tournament.

I have learned from that mistake and my best advice ( one I took to heart at the sam's town tournament in 2016 when I had both entries in the top 30 going into the final day and finished 5th overall ) is if you are in contention, don't overload the handicapping, and don't stay up partying all night, what you need to do is go walk the strip, your hotel, or wherever you prefer for a few hours then call it a night, you will sleep all through the night and wake up fresh

Good luck everyone, keep firing, If this thread is still going I will post my results each week.

Jason
Si2see is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2017, 02:06 PM   #54
kdavis7837

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
I don't know if there are any fellow Washingtonians here at PaceAdvantage, but if there are please note that we are O-U-T at Horse Tourneys. It seems that our state's AG has leaned on McKay Smith in a bad way and the result is that Washington players can no longer participate in HT contests. It's really a bummer because I really enjoy playing in the contests. Much more so than wagering these days.
Found out today after confirming entrys, kept getting age restriction, got that one beat 3 times at least, called DRF and was told that we are locked out of DRF tournys as well after participating in them forever, played 3 last month
Marijuana is legal, state wants state run heroin injection sites but don't you dare participate in a horse racing tournament as it is a class C misdemeanor in this state and a democrat weeps with every on line bet
So glad Democrats took over all 3 body's of the state government last night, maybe if I can prove I am underprivileged or somehow this is racially motivated they might be the first on the bus to repeal this weird law, otherwise they will not even look at it as proven in 2008 and 2012 , came up but ignored, if not for job and pending retirement I would be so out of here!

Last edited by kdavis7837; 11-08-2017 at 02:19 PM.
kdavis7837 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2017, 11:51 PM   #55
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdavis7837 View Post
Found out today after confirming entrys, kept getting age restriction, got that one beat 3 times at least, called DRF and was told that we are locked out of DRF tournys as well after participating in them forever, played 3 last month
Marijuana is legal, state wants state run heroin injection sites but don't you dare participate in a horse racing tournament as it is a class C misdemeanor in this state and a democrat weeps with every on line bet
So glad Democrats took over all 3 body's of the state government last night, maybe if I can prove I am underprivileged or somehow this is racially motivated they might be the first on the bus to repeal this weird law, otherwise they will not even look at it as proven in 2008 and 2012 , came up but ignored, if not for job and pending retirement I would be so out of here!
ha misdemeanor...it was a class 6 felony here in Arizona till a year or so ago, 1-3 years in jail with mandatory time...for each count.

But ya man, feel your pain. Its silly how gambling is viewed in this country, why people care what you do with your own money. Your right, I think think drugs are probably viewed better than gambling.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:57 PM   #56
Afleet

won a horse tourneys contest and my handicapping was terrible@LRL. Sometimes you are just in the right place at the right time.

Saturday, Nov. 11
LAUREL - WINNER TAKE ALL - Runs with 3 - Capped $250 - P&P

Player Earnings
*Laurel Park #4
*Laurel Park #5
*Laurel Park #6
*Laurel Park #7
*Laurel Park #8
*Laurel Park #9
*Laurel Park #10
*Laurel Park #11

1. Paul xxxx - Entry 1 $30.60 451813312
DETAILS
2. Dxxx xxxx - Entry 1 $26.20 1442464138
DETAILS
3. J xxxxx - Entry 1 $17.00 14859410137
DETAILS
4. Mxxx xxxx- Entry 1 $11.60 484133557
DETAILS
5. Hxxxx xxxx - Entry 1 $11.20
Old 02-03-2018, 11:30 PM   #57
GMB@BP

I had a follow up question for those who may know:

Do most of the tournaments I see, the bigger ones, at say GP, LRL, Saratoga, SA, etc require you to be on site or is there an option to play offsite?

The tourneys have been working out well for me (knock on wood) and was thinking about playing more feeders into bigger tourneys but traveling around the country is a bit of a stretch (unless its paid for).

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:50 AM   #58
Si2see

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I had a follow up question for those who may know:

Do most of the tournaments I see, the bigger ones, at say GP, LRL, Saratoga, SA, etc require you to be on site or is there an option to play offsite?

The tourneys have been working out well for me (knock on wood) and was thinking about playing more feeders into bigger tourneys but traveling around the country is a bit of a stretch (unless its paid for).

Thanks.

Most require you to be there ( which to be honest is the most fun anyway )

The only two that I am aware of that you can participate online, that are actually brick and mortar contests would be the BCBC ( 10k buy in, $7500 live bankroll, $2500 entry fee ), and the first ever PWC tournament two weeks ago ( 12k buy in, all contest bankroll, plus an additional $1000 entry fee if playing online )
Old 02-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #59
Si2see

Update on my own progress, the live contest season is officially going to start for me at Laurel March 3rd for the Champions tournament ( which is a fantastic live bankroll tournament with a very player friendly $300 buy in )

Followed by the Horse player world series at The Orleans in vegas.
Picsix and myself will be there and probably buy an entry each. He hasn't tried to qualify at all, I have tried 8 times. Twice I got my money back due to breakage ( just missing entries a few spots away ), and once I had the unlucky position of being in the lead with a $54 bankroll after only 4 of 12 races, and the site crashed for only the second time in it's existence, so all entries were refunded.

Then I will go to the Spring Challenge at Keeneland in mid april, that is a $400 buy in live bankroll contest. If I have any luck at any of these three I will buy in sunday to the Keeneland grade one gamble, if not it is too rich for my blood.

Don't forget there are several good online contests coming up, and Xpressbet has the Beat The Host contest going on now, BTH championship is March 3rd, followed by the $200 Xpressbet Live contest March 17th, followed by the $700 Xpressbet Showdown April 7th.

Tons of upcoming action in the next 3 months. That is my schedule.

Anyone who has any questions about any of the mentioned tournaments feel free to pm me.

Jason
Old 02-07-2018, 07:48 PM   #60
GMB@BP

Quote:
lead with a $54 bankroll after only 4 of 12 races, and the site crashed for only the second time in it's existence, so all entries were refunded.
Wow that sucks, I was on that day in a live contest and think it was like 30 min before my first race. crazy.

good luck.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: