Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 12:45 PM   #211
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses
I hear ya:

That was the problem with people like Joyce. They talked about the richness of their multicultural heritage and it sounded real good, until you noticed that they avoided black people. ... To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets.

... But this strategy alone couldn't provide the distance I wanted, from Joyce or my past. After all, there were thousands of so-called campus radicals, most of them white and tenured and happily tolerated. No, it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.

Tim was not a conscious brother. Tim wore argyle sweaters and pressed jeans and talked like Beaver Cleaver. He planned to major in business. His white girlfriend was probably waiting for him up in his room, listening to country music.

I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of twelve or thirteen, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites[.]

-The Great Obammy in Dreams of My Father

Amazing how that works huh?
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:56 PM   #212
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
I didn't think you knew what autobiography was and you just proved it. Good work.
I figured you had nothing
Old 09-04-2016, 12:57 PM   #213
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown
You are describing a biography. An AUTObiography can be 100% bullshit and nobody would know.
And that's just what it is. I assumed he meant biography because he would know this but I guess not.
Old 09-04-2016, 02:56 PM   #214
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame
Amazing how that works huh?
Not really.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:31 PM   #215
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
His white girlfriend was probably waiting for him up in his room, listening to country music.
Typical Black racist president.

What if Trump said Obama is probably home at he WH, with his wife, barfoot and jiving to rap music?
Old 09-04-2016, 06:10 PM   #216
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Typical Black racist president.

What if Trump said Obama is probably home at he WH, with his wife, barfoot and jiving to rap music?
Well, you can't fully fault Obamallama Ding Dong, he didn't write it:

http://www.aim.org/aim-report/did-bi...e-obamas-book/

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bill-ayers.jpg (23.1 KB, 83 views)

Last edited by RunForTheRoses; 09-04-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:18 PM   #217
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Your first statement is interesting. So you would say then there was no need for the Civil Rights Act? It was fine then in your opinion for the continuation of segregation and Jim Crow laws to continue? I could go on but that says enough on that subject.

50 yrs ago? Sure there was a need. The fair housing act probably as important. But this isn't 1964 and the government has progressed into telling people what bathroom to use etc. not to mention countless other areas.

As to the gay rights issues, I think you miss the entire context of what was happening in that community post Stonewall in 1969. That created the knowledge that they could organize and could fight for the rights all of us are supposed to have. By the mid 70s gays were feeling liberated, that they could self identify and not be ostracized. Then came the AIDS crisis. Yes, at first many were resistant as they did not understand the disease and thought the government was lying to them to take back what they so recently had gained.

They were wrong. And there were consequences.

This is then another example where we needed government to step in and act like a leader, to close down the bathhouses and to get the message out with facts about what is going on. Instead, funding was blocked repeatedly and Mr. Reagan did nothing.

He tried and was not only insulted, he was told to go away in not so polite terms. Feinstein and her gang of militant gays from San Fran weren't hearing it. What was he supposed to do? Send in the national guard? No way in hell a Federal court would have permitted it. Do not underestimate the horrible horrible results of Feinstein refusing. I spoke with Doctors who were pulling their hair out treating patients that would take junkets style trips to the bath houses even after they had been treated for what they were calling the "gay pneumonia"

Thousands were dead before he even said the word "AIDS" in public. That is not leadership.

You're using hindsight to indict.

I also find your painting of individuals not caring that they were spreading the disease equal to saying all of a race are criminal. This was typical anti-gay rhetoric of the time. But enough on that as is is going far afield of the topic.

I was specific. Airline employees. How is that broad indictment? They were in denial. Just like other gays. I knew people who were pilots and flight attendants. In fact they were spouses of people working in the hospital I was working in. The discussions we would have were downright scary. I participated in them. We had day long AIDS training every 90 days in the first few years. The airlines were trying like hell to get the info out. To caution their employees. Many took it personal. Were offended by it. It did not stop them from living a promiscuous lifestyle whilst flying all over the country and the world.
Answered

Last edited by JustRalph; 09-04-2016 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:11 PM   #218
newtothegame

Quote:
Not really.
So autobiographies are only credible when they fit your argument???
Surely you aren't suggesting that Obama's book isn't truthful are ya?
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:38 PM   #219
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Proving the old adage there's no such thing as bad publicity, Colin Kaepernik has the best selling jersey on the 49ers website, up from 20th a couple of weeks ago

And they were on clearance at the the end of last season.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/...sy-9202751.php
Old 09-04-2016, 10:04 PM   #220
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Other than, of course, that the author actually said something directly about himself, which was the point here.
Al... did you read Obama's autobiography? I didn't and ask only because Obama wrote that when he was younger he smoked a lot of weed and also took cocaine.

I figured if he wrote something like that about himself, as you say, then that too must be true, given the source.

Why do you think no one in the media and the press investigated this and sought the identity of Obama's dope dealer in 2008, 2012 or even now? You'll agree that the public has a right to know these things about their candidates.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:31 AM   #221
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
It's nice you aren't converted to trash. If you would have even cited the standard level biased news sites I may have taken you seriously, but citing info wars right out of the box makes you look like a loonie. Just a bit of advice there.
Taking advice from you, based on your responses in this thread, hardly seems like a good idea. And in spite of your attempted deflection, you still missed the whole point of the link - which was the leaked emails from the DNC hacked from Pelosi's PC.

Quote:
I do always love how people get so defensive and accusatory when they are questioned. Makes me wonder if you really are exactly what you say you aren't. Don't know why you seem to think I take anyone's word on these issues other than your need to justify yourself.
Not sure what to think here, other than responses like this make me think you're off your meds this week. I've simply responded to your claim that I must be a white supremacist for calling Obama a racist. And, since you have been lacking in a coherent response, the only thing I'm justified in doing is to continue to defend myself from your personal attacks. So sue me.

Quote:
BTW saying that he is one of the richest black men in the country is a pretty ignorant statement. He isn't close.
I'd be willing to bet Mr. Kaepernick is in the 99th percentile for black males in the U.S. He's privileged, without a doubt, so the ignorance is squarely in your court. He's about as "black" as Bill Cosby.

Quote:
And I don't think you understand what irony is either. And you make it seem wrong that he is speaking out, though you did get it right about the 1st amendment being about speech and expression, it really isn't relevant here because there is no law against what he did and the government wasn't threatening to do anything about him. You are right though, he does want attention to the issue, he actually said that. Of course you also seem to imply he is unable to think for himself which is also a very interesting statement. So your overall grade here is a D. You may read a bit but you aren't seeing through the talking points.
If I'm getting a 'D' from you, I must be doing something right - and ironically, have not fallen into the lefty indoctrination bucket like yourself. You've responded, ironically, with all the talking points used by the left to promote white guilt. You strike me as one of those who believe that racism is a one-way street, and cannot be committed by minorities.

I would add that questioning Kaepernick's ability to think for himself should absolutely be front and center here. Not only is he wanting attention to himself (as opposed to black oppression), he's got Bible verses tatoos but is now considering converting to Islam, which just happens to be the faith of his girlfriend/fiance. So why do you deduce he's an independent thinker?
Old 09-05-2016, 08:06 AM   #222
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame
So autobiographies are only credible when they fit your argument???
Surely you aren't suggesting that Obama's book isn't truthful are ya?
Not at all. It is what he said, no different than what I'm talking about. I guess you were trying to make some sort of point here, but all I can figure is that since you disagree with me I must, in your mind, therefore be some sort of hardcore Obama supporter. Would say your vision is pretty narrow there and you are quite wrong.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:10 AM   #223
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
Al... did you read Obama's autobiography? I didn't and ask only because Obama wrote that when he was younger he smoked a lot of weed and also took cocaine.

I figured if he wrote something like that about himself, as you say, then that too must be true, given the source.

Why do you think no one in the media and the press investigated this and sought the identity of Obama's dope dealer in 2008, 2012 or even now? You'll agree that the public has a right to know these things about their candidates.
Guess it makes him much like George W Bush. Young people do dumb things. Nothing new here.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:45 AM   #224
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Answered
I do wish this was the type of response people would give rather than crying about being personally attacked. Oh well....anyway, I doubt we will make any more progress on this and likely should stop as it is way off topic now. Two final points I will make though. It was Feinstien herself who ordered the closings in 1984. It is as likely that this action made little difference though as it simply caused those, in denial as you say, to other venues. Some activists believed the closing to be counterproductive in that it took away a major point of contact to try to educate people. This is akin to the logic used when airports did not shut down arrivals from Africa during the recent Ebola outbreak as likewise behaviors would have changed in such a way that what measure of control there was would have been lost. Second, I will not go back on my accusation of the Reagan administration. Staff members are on the record as openly mocking the issue and the Surgeon General was cut out of any high level discussion on the issue. This is not leadership. Over 4000 had died before the word was uttered by the president including Rock Hudson, who was ignored when appealing to Nancy whom he had believed to be a close friend.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:48 AM   #225
MutuelClerk

It's a good thing when I hear the anthem I think of country. I stand with my hand over my heart. If I thought of our inept, thieving government I would sit and fart in tune. Those of you so offended by Kaepernick's stance should be on twitter where being offended is a god like position. You are revered.
Closed Thread