Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-29-2018, 08:31 PM   #31
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Yes.

But, isn't it amazing that Justify is seemingly now on that same schedule?

The fact that they've decided to match Pharoah's 2-work schedule is even beyond the ceiling of my conservative estimate. He's ahead of even the more optimistic range of what I had projected for him.

Wow.
American Pharoah, although he obviously had 2yo foundation, was on a tighter schedule than Justify, having to start from scratch after 60 days off for an injury in October 2014. His 3yo campaign started in March, and Justify's started in February.

He had an edge in experience for sure, but in terms of physical demand in a short timeframe, he probably had a more intense campaign, especially when you consider the shipping he endured between Santa Anita and Oaklawn during March and April.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 02:53 AM   #32
jay68802

Just watched the work, looked easy. A little fast for my taste but I am not the trainer. And wanted to ask one thing, right at the end of the video, I swear I can here Justify humming this song..,

jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 03:34 AM   #33
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by papillon View Post
like all Belmont winners, his fractions were metronome-like, which is basically how he did everything.
metronome-like really is a pretty good descriptive phrase of how a belmont winner would be clicking off furlongs....
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 03:55 AM   #34
clicknow

Also enjoyed reading the bloodhorse article papillon posted about pace in BEL, would seem that doing works like Indy, Vino and Jutisfy aren't about rationing speed .... those ultra fast works look like suicide missions to me in terms of training for 12F race in a week and 1/2? esp. since there will be deceleration at the end in the stretch, most horses don't run last q faster than 1st except if they are Zenyatta. I alway found it interesting how she was able to turn on her sprinter speed at the end.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:35 AM   #35
Grits

After yesterday's work, Justify is walking the shedrow this morning.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 08:51 AM   #36
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Also enjoyed reading the bloodhorse article papillon posted about pace in BEL, would seem that doing works like Indy, Vino and Jutisfy aren't about rationing speed .... those ultra fast works look like suicide missions to me in terms of training for 12F race in a week and 1/2? esp. since there will be deceleration at the end in the stretch, most horses don't run last q faster than 1st except if they are Zenyatta. I alway found it interesting how she was able to turn on her sprinter speed at the end.
Also, it as at Churchill, how do we know he'll like the track and the 12F?
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 09:23 AM   #37
Grits

Gentlemen, excuse me while I ask a question of concern.

Ruffin, what is the norm for going back to the track after a work? In other words, how many days will Justify rest, walking the shedrow instead? How many days can he afford such rest?

If you have a facebook page, when you have time, can you go to Xbtv's page and watch him during his bath yesterday a.m.? Does all look well and right to you?

He is still, at times, favoring his left hind; this could just be fatigue, I know. However, he raises his left hoof to take weight off.

IF, and it's a big IF....that hoof isn't completely 100%, I'm not convinced that he can get the 1 1/2 on it.

Thanks, g
Old 05-30-2018, 09:52 AM   #38
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
Ruffin, what is the norm for going back to the track after a work? In other words, how many days will Justify rest, walking the shedrow instead? How many days can he afford such rest?
Racehorses routinely walk the day after a timed workout.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 09:56 AM   #39
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Racehorses routinely walk the day after a timed workout.
I knew this, Sp. I'm just checking that left hind.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:06 AM   #40
Ruffian1

Quote:
Gentlemen, excuse me while I ask a question of concern.

If you have a facebook page, when you have time, can you go to Xbtv's page and watch him during his bath yesterday a.m.? Does all look well and right to you?

He is still, at times, favoring his left hind; this could just be fatigue, I know. However, he raises his left hoof to take weight off.

IF, and it's a big IF....that hoof isn't completely 100%, I'm not convinced that he can get the 1 1/2 on it.

Thanks, g
Hi Grits,

I do not have a facebook page so I cannot see anything. I think my daughter does. I will see if I can see it asap.

Spaulding is right about walking the day after a work. It is rare to see anything else. As for tomorrow, usually it is back up a bit jogging or just jog off some depending on where the gap is that he uses and gallop about a mile and a quarter or something along those lines. Very similar to the video posted before the Preakness where we saw him gallop. Or he might just jog a mile only.
I hope to see him getting his bath but typically a horse will not stand still and as they fidget around one hind leg will be more non weight bearing than the other. Or they can switch back and forth. And, if there are any flies around that would accentuate one hoof off and tail swishing .
Happy to help any way I can and training over the internet is stress free. Already had one triple crown winner doing that and I'm going for two. LOL.

Last edited by Ruffian1; 05-30-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Ruffian1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 11:06 AM   #41
GMB@BP

oh boy, bath pictures...see Jay Privman for that!
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 11:24 AM   #42
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian1 View Post
Hi Grits,

I do not have a facebook page so I cannot see anything. I think my daughter does. I will see if I can see it asap.

Spaulding is right about walking the day after a work. It is rare to see anything else. As for tomorrow, usually it is back up a bit jogging or just jog off some depending on where the gap is that he uses and gallop about a mile and a quarter or something along those lines. Very similar to the video posted before the Preakness where we saw him gallop. Or he might just jog a mile only.
I hope to see him getting his bath but typically a horse will not stand still and as they fidget around one hind leg will be more non weight bearing than the other. Or they can switch back and forth. And, if there are any flies around that would accentuate one hoof off and tail swishing .
Happy to help any way I can and training over the internet is stress free. Already had one triple crown winner doing that and I'm going for two. LOL.
Ok, sounds good! He may have just been fidgety. I thought of this but I was still gonna ask you as he stood so patiently, but for raising his leg. After the Preakness, of course he was spent. It was Thurs. before he jogged again. I just want him to be 100%.

I'll admit, I love the horse, he's so focused. But, I don't really give a damn for Walmart (formerly Winstar) Farm.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:04 PM   #43
Ruffian1

Quote:
Ok, sounds good! He may have just been fidgety. I thought of this but I was still gonna ask you as he stood so patiently, but for raising his leg. After the Preakness, of course he was spent. It was Thurs. before he jogged again. I just want him to be 100%.

I'll admit, I love the horse, he's so focused. But, I don't really give a damn for Walmart (formerly Winstar) Farm.
My granddaughter is off school today and is at our house. See had access. So I just watched the video and saw no signs of any type of any discomfort anywhere. He looked fine.
Hope that helps.
Ruffian1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2018, 12:14 PM   #44
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian1 View Post
My granddaughter is off school today and is at our house. See had access. So I just watched the video and saw no signs of any type of any discomfort anywhere. He looked fine.
Hope that helps.
GOOD!! Thank you. 'Til next time .....

I'm glad I got connections here at P.A.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:33 PM   #45
clicknow

can ya'll post link to the bath video? My eyes are bothering me today and I think I got a touch of poison ivy on my leg, so not real "sharp" today to go on a search.