Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-24-2019, 03:16 PM   #421
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Why didn't the planet die when God did that favor for Joshua and his men?
Explained this many moons ago. Furthermore, that's when God commanded the sun to "stand still".
Old 04-24-2019, 03:23 PM   #422
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Explained this many moons ago. Furthermore, that's when God commanded the sun to "stand still".
So you still buy into the heliocentric theory your backwards buddies Calvin and Luther did in the 17th century?

You must be a real pre-renaisance man
Old 04-24-2019, 03:25 PM   #423
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Time absolutely does not require motion to exist
Prove it! Without using anyone croaking. I think your brain has croaked

100 to 1 you can't
Put up or shut up.
I have many times explained it. Time is succession of motion. No Motion no Time. Get a sundial and watch time move.

Also, From M-W:

a : the measured or measurable period during which an action, process, or condition exists or continues : DURATION

What do you think would become of the universe if all motion were to cease?

How do we measure our hours, days, weeks, months, seasons and years? Without succession of motion of celestial bodes, there would be none of these.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:23 PM   #424
hcap

You have explained nothing

Prove it. Or Shut up.

Last edited by hcap; 04-24-2019 at 05:25 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2019, 05:47 PM   #425
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
No Motion no Time.
Obviously you've never seen my family after the Thanksgiving meal.

Quote:
Also, From M-W:

a : the measured or measurable period during which an action, process, or condition exists or continues : DURATION

What do you think would become of the universe if all motion were to cease?

How do we measure our hours, days, weeks, months, seasons and years? Without succession of motion of celestial bodes, there would be none of these.
Well, when the universe stops I can only hope you and the other snake handlers have two or three minutes to gloat that the Big Bang Theory was bad scientism.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2019, 06:01 PM   #426
hcap

Once again the timer dilation formua
Not that complicated buhnky

1)-assume we are traveling "V" at 1 meter per second
2)- C2 =299792458 meters per second squared or 89875517873681800.00
meters per second
3)-v2= 1
4)v^2/c^2 is 1/89875517873681800.00= an infinitesimal number
5)1- that minuscule number is a minuscule less than 1
6) The square root of that represents an infinitesimal slowing of time, or time's dilation.

Replace v or 1 meter perv second with traveling at 0 velocity per second (standing still), and there is absolutely NO SLOWING AT ZERO meters per second.

Q.E.D. bunky

Did I lose you?
Feel free to criticizer my mathematicians if god revealed a different way ton solve the equation

Last edited by hcap; 04-24-2019 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:10 PM   #427
boxcar

Quote:
Once again the timer dilation formua
Not that complicated buhnky

1)-assume we are traveling "V" at 1 meter per second
2)- C2 =299792458 meters per second squared or 89875517873681800.00
meters per second
3)-v2= 1
3)v^2/c^2 is 1/89875517873681800.00= an infinitesimal number
4)-the square root of that number is even more infinitesimal
5)1- that minuscule number is a minuscule less than 1
6) The square root of that represents literally infinitesimal slowing of time or time's dilation.

Replace v or 1 meter perv second with traveling at 0 velocity per second (standing still), and there is absolutely NO SLOWING AT ZERO meters per second.

Q.E.D. bunky

Did I lose you?
Feel free to criticizer my mathematicians if god revealed a different way ton solve the equation
Nice deflection. So...tell us, are you in agreement with my definition of time, i.e. indefinite succession of motion, or you disagree? And if the latter, define Time for us.

And if the entire universe went static on us, with no Change/Motion taking place at all, tell us what you think would happen to he universe?
Old 04-24-2019, 08:27 PM   #428
hcap

Quote:
Nice deflection. So...tell us, are you in agreement with my definition of time, i.e. indefinite succession of motion, or you disagree? And if the latter, define Time for us.

And if the entire universe went static on us, with no Change/Motion taking place at all, tell us what you think would happen to he universe?
Of course I disagree. Think dimensions. Time is a dimension that contains instances or moments.

Similar to a two dimensional line being the "container" for an infinite number of one dimensional points.

Each instance of time contains the instantaneous collection of a three dimensions of space organized at that moment

Quote:
From Wiki...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time

Time is the indefinite continued progress of existence and events that occur in apparently irreversible succession from the past, through the present, to the future. Time is a component quantity of various measurements used to sequence events, to compare the duration of events or the intervals between them, and to quantify rates of change of quantities in material reality or in the conscious experience. Time is often referred to as a fourth dimension, along with three spatial dimensions.
It is not an easy concept. Burt we can test it's properties without using vague words. It can be measured, theorized, and theories and speculations put into practical effect.

The example of using GPS is a practical use of our theory of time dilation and the formula I used can be solved at any velocity fro zero to C, the speed of light. I used it at 1 and zero.

Motion is not a easily defined concept.The Earth revolves around the sun. Not considering it's movement with the sun about a galactic axis. But only at the moment talking of it's orbit around the sun, it's four dimensional journey takes one year. If a catastrophic event occurred and say Thor or Isis held it back for a minute. No time on the earth or the space around it or the sun or other planets would skip a beat. The three dimensional space on the earth would drastically change, but just the fact that the atmosphere would blow off into space proves time must still exist for "blowing" to happen

If Thor then allowed it to continue on it's orbit it would resume it's four dimensional journey. Having taken a vacation from orbiting, but not the passage of time

Still waiting for you to prove time stoops at zero velocity.

Last edited by hcap; 04-24-2019 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:09 PM   #429
boxcar

Quote:
Of course I disagree. Think dimensions. Time is a dimension that contains instances or moments.

Similar to a two dimensional line being the "container" for an infinite number of one dimensional points.

Each instance of time contains the instantaneous collection of a three dimensions of space organized at that moment

It is not an easy concept. Burt we can test it's properties without using vague words. It can be measured, theorized, and theories and speculations put into practical effect.

The example of using GPS is a practical use of our theory of time dilation and the formula I used can be solved at any velocity fro zero to C, the speed of light. I used it at 1 and zero.

Motion is not a easily defined concept.The Earth revolves around the sun. Not considering it's movement with the sun about a galactic axis. But only at the moment talking of it's orbit around the sun, it's four dimensional journey takes one year. If a catastrophic event occurred and say Thor or Isis held it back for a minute. No time on the earth or the space around it or the sun or other planets would skip a beat. The three dimensional space on the earth would drastically change, but just the fact that the atmosphere would blow off into space proves time must still exist for "blowing" to happen

If Thor then allowed it to continue on it's orbit it would resume it's four dimensional journey. Having taken a vacation from orbiting, but not the passage of time

Still waiting for you to prove time stoops at zero velocity.
Where there no motion, there is no time.

Buy a sundial. As long as the shadows keep moving on the dial, you can know you're in good hands with Father Time.

And I didn't know that time "stoops". But if so, apparently, not low enough to where you can comprehend it.

But meanwhile try to ponder this:

https://in.answers.yahoo.com/questio...2211637AAan6lU
Old 04-25-2019, 06:47 AM   #430
hcap

Quote:
Where there no motion, there is no time.

Buy a sundial. As long as the shadows keep moving on the dial, you can know you're in good hands with Father Time.

And I didn't know that time "stoops". But if so, apparently, not low enough to where you can comprehend it.

But meanwhile try to ponder this:

https://in.answers.yahoo.com/questio...2211637AAan6lU
This article is hardly a definitive source now is it? Who are the answerers? I see no degrees or certifications.

We only know they are yaho-erss. Pun intended.

Actually some of the "answers are close to correct.

A better answer is there is no easy measure of time if there was no motion.

Time is the property of the universe that allows motion to take placer, motion is not the property that allows time to take place. This is not proof of your claim that if the earth stood still time would stop. Just a word game rephrasing your claim.

As I said if the earth suddenly stopped in orbit and rotation about it's axis, catastrophic events would occur. The atmosphere would rush off into space, and most of the planets water would change location. Evaporate, and alter. Ocean river and lake would drastically change location and boundaries. These changes would go on for weeks if not months after the earth stood still.

The inertia of the earth's both revolution and rotation would be partially transferred to everything on and in the earth. Inertia does not disappear unless you now proclaim....

"If the earth stood still and inertia also did not exist. time would
stop"

The concept of time "contains" the concept of motion, not viced versa.

Last edited by hcap; 04-25-2019 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:54 AM   #431
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
What are you talking about? Time dilation?
Old 04-25-2019, 07:37 AM   #432
hcap

Considering earth's gravity, I wonder how much of the atmosphere would indeed rush into space. Probably not that as much as I thought. The lack of the centrifugal effect of the earth spinning might counter the inertia of the atmosphere continuing along the stopped orbit.

Too tired to do the approximations.

The earth spins at around 100 mph, and orbits at the same speed I think

Last edited by hcap; 04-25-2019 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:14 AM   #433
hcap

No, the eaths speed around the sun is almost 70 times faster then it's rotational speed so yes most of the loose matter on the earth would fly out into space. But some of it will not reach the earth's escape velocity of 25038.72 mp and fall back.

More complicated than at first glance.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:37 AM   #434
boxcar

Quote:
Considering earth's gravity, I wonder how much of the atmosphere would indeed rush into space. Probably not that as much as I thought. The lack of the centrifugal effect of the earth spinning might counter the inertia of the atmosphere continuing along the stopped orbit.

Too tired to do the approximations.

The earth spins at around 100 mph, and orbits at the same speed I think
Huh? The earth's spins at 1,050 mph at the equator.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:49 AM   #435
boxcar

Quote:
This article is hardly a definitive source now is it? Who are the answerers? I see no degrees or certifications.

We only know they are yaho-erss. Pun intended.

Actually some of the "answers are close to correct.

A better answer is there is no easy measure of time if there was no motion.

Time is the property of the universe that allows motion to take placer, motion is not the property that allows time to take place. This is not proof of your claim that if the earth stood still time would stop. Just a word game rephrasing your claim.

As I said if the earth suddenly stopped in orbit and rotation about it's axis, catastrophic events would occur. The atmosphere would rush off into space, and most of the planets water would change location. Evaporate, and alter. Ocean river and lake would drastically change location and boundaries. These changes would go on for weeks if not months after the earth stood still.

The inertia of the earth's both revolution and rotation would be partially transferred to everything on and in the earth. Inertia does not disappear unless you now proclaim....

"If the earth stood still and inertia also did not exist. time would
stop"

The concept of time "contains" the concept of motion, not viced versa.
Wow! How wonderfully "brilliant" you are! Now, you tell us what would happen if the earth stood still -- after I posted an excerpt by NASA, and after asking you several times for your opinion. Hindsight is awesome, isn't it, Humpty?

Here's the bottom line -- from the Yahoo link:

motion is always relative and if everything ceases then there will be nothing to compare with to decide whether we are in motion or at rest so, ultimately time will also stop.

Have you bought a sundial yet to educate yourself on the necessity of motion in order for time to move?