Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-08-2018, 03:34 PM   #166
Secondbest

All of the constant reviews after every other play is sucking the life out of the game. there is no continuity, every big pass play is reviewed. The game was better before all this replay.
You want replay then just inbounds, out of bounds and scoring. and if the balls moves a nanometer so what.Its almost unwatchable. with all the constant stoppages.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2018, 04:45 PM   #167
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
All of the constant reviews after every other play is sucking the life out of the game. there is no continuity, every big pass play is reviewed. The game was better before all this replay.
You want replay then just inbounds, out of bounds and scoring. and if the balls moves a nanometer so what.Its almost unwatchable. with all the constant stoppages.
Agree that's it's close to unwatchable. IMO they should go back to the way the game used to be played. The ground CAN cause a fumble. The NFL would be against because they like scoring. And if the ball comes loose most of the time it will be a fumble or incomplete. It would also make the players actually secure the ball. Less reviews. Faster games. But probably less points scored.

Why did that moron intercept the ball? He cost his team close to twenty yards. At least their is a me in team. Seems to most players it's all about me.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2018, 06:36 PM   #168
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
Two plays from yesterday that were just plain senseless:

1. 4th and 2 for the Saints with 1:51 left in the game and the ball at the Carolina 47. The score is 31-26 Saints. Mike Adams of Carolina intercepts at the Carolina 31 and the Panthers take over at the Carolina 31 instead of the Carolina 47. Adams was either dumb or selfish. Take your pick. It's worth adding that the Panthers got down to the Saint 21 yard line on their final drive....
I have seen this scenario play itself out many times through the years, and very seldom do I see a cornerback who deliberately knocks the ball down instead of trying for the interception...unless it's a last-second Hail-Mary pass in the end-zone. My opinion is that the cornerback is so totally focused on the receiver, that he forgets all about the extenuating circumstances of that that particular play...resulting in a purely instinctual reaction towards the "unreasonable" interception.

I must say that I was SHOCKED when I saw the Saints try to convert that 4th down at midfield so late in the game...with a 5-point lead and no Carolina timeouts left. I thought a punt inside the 10 was the much better choice.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:36 PM   #169
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Two plays from yesterday that were just plain senseless:

1. 4th and 2 for the Saints with 1:51 left in the game and the ball at the Carolina 47. The score is 31-26 Saints. Mike Adams of Carolina intercepts at the Carolina 31 and the Panthers take over at the Carolina 31 instead of the Carolina 47. Adams was either dumb or selfish. Take your pick. It's worth adding that the Panthers got down to the Saint 21 yard line on their final drive....
Thaskalos beat me to the punch with his (as usual) cogent analysis of the play.Another thing to consider is that Adams may not have known where every Saint receiver was.Batting the ball down, given the football's oblong shape ,could result in it going anywhere, including the hands of another Saint receiver.I'm quite confident that DB's are taught to intercept the ball if the opportunity presents itself.It's pretty rare for a 4th down pass play, especially by a team holding the lead, to be thrown 20 yards downfield.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-08-2018, 07:54 PM   #170
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I thought a punt inside the 10 was the much better choice.
Any reason why the coffin corner punt has went the way of the 2 bar face mask? It seems no one even attempts that any more.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2018, 08:12 PM   #171
NJ Stinks

What they won't put on Matt Ryan's tombstone:

Matt Ryan owned the second half.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:15 PM   #172
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
What they won't put on Matt Ryan's tombstone:

Matt Ryan owned the second half.

The Eagles defense has all year long. Atlanta got some breaks in both games. Today, without the turnovers it would not of been close. Their offense really didn't do much until it was too late.

Nick Foles , yeah, he sucks......lol

Last edited by burnsy; 01-13-2018 at 10:27 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2018, 10:21 AM   #173
lamboguy

not betting today but gonna root hard for the Steeler's and hope they win an easy looking game. they could easily lose though because they may not want any part of going up to New England the following week. for that reason, this turns out to be a no-bet. but should they win you can sink your teeth into the Pats which will turn out to be a tremendous value bet. next week i would have no idea what to do should the Jaguars win today.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2018, 10:23 AM   #174
tucker6

I turned the Titans-Patriots game off in the second quarter after the refs changed a Pats penalty into a Titans penalty when reviews clearly showed the original call was correct. They called phantom OPI against the Titans while looking the other way at Gronk. I have watched football for almost 50 years now, and if anyone could ever convince me that these games are fixed, that would be a Case A example.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2018, 11:24 AM   #175
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I turned the Titans-Patriots game off in the second quarter after the refs changed a Pats penalty into a Titans penalty when reviews clearly showed the original call was correct. They called phantom OPI against the Titans while looking the other way at Gronk. I have watched football for almost 50 years now, and if anyone could ever convince me that these games are fixed, that would be a Case A example.
most likely you have good reason here. the league flat out sucks now, and they probably need Brady in the Super Bowl so that their ratings don't go down that much. how can anyone want to watch football when they pretty well know which team is going to win the championship before the season even starts?
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2018, 11:30 AM   #176
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post

I won't bet a game they are in. So glad someone else posted what I have been thinking. The calls they get are damn near unbelievable at the crucial points of every game. I've rarely, if ever saw a procedure call over turned like that....with no explanation what so ever! That offensive pass interference......the ball was not even thrown yet and Decker was like 3 or 4 yards off the line. It just becoming too much of a coincidence. They have actually changed the games with bull shit calls.....this was not an isolated case. Both calls were total BS calls, even some of the TV bozos shake their heads but try to move on without saying much.

Tennessee was awful though in the second half.

Last edited by burnsy; 01-14-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:55 AM   #177
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I won't bet a game they are in. So glad someone else posted what I have been thinking. The calls they get are damn near unbelievable at the crucial points of every game. I've rarely, if ever saw a procedure call over turned like that....with no explanation what so ever! That offensive pass interference......the ball was not even thrown yet and Decker was like 3 or 4 yards off the line. It just becoming too much of a coincidence. They have actually changed the games with bull shit calls.....this was not an isolated case. Both calls were total BS calls, even some of the TV bozos shake their heads but try to move on without saying much.

Tennessee was awful though in the second half.
I watch a lot of football, and I have never seen a procedure call reversed. Ever. The travesty is that the original call was correct, and changed a deep punt situation into a touchdown drive when the score is still 7-0 Titans I believe.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:49 PM   #178
ldiatone

Well as a Steelers fan at the end of the first qt. this team is terrible and i do not mean the towel. this team is going to get crushed by jacksonville. this team is a fraud this year!!

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2018, 02:08 PM   #179
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone View Post
Well as a Steelers fan at the end of the first qt. this team is terrible and i do not mean the towel. this team is going to get crushed by jacksonville. this team is a fraud this year!!
I warned you guys about their defense weeks ago........people laughed. I'm pretty good at this. I win more than i lose. I thought people would of figured that out by now.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:10 PM   #180
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I warned you guys about their defense weeks ago........people laughed. I'm pretty good at this. I win more than i lose. I thought people would of figured that out by now.
I'm guilty as charged.