Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-03-2021, 01:56 PM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Once again the national GOP are failing it's base. They could all go to hell.

Yesterday was a true Red Wave nationally despite the idiots now running the GOP in Washington, as usual.
OUR IDIOTS CAN TAKE YOUR IDIOTS!

The dems are not only failing, they have no clue what the real issues are. The GOP knows but doesn't care. Now is the time "ditch Mitch," while have some momentum. And while the dems are in total denial. Both Biden and Harris said before the election that VA would foreshadow this party's chances going ahead.
Old 11-03-2021, 02:00 PM   #17
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
I have a feeling if you were in his (President Trump's) shoes you would in all likelihood be on the extreme defensive as well given those from the Far Lefts attempts to destroy both he and the members of his family even prior to his becoming POTUS. It was reprehensible in every sense of the word.
Quite possibly I would have done the same as Trump, but I was not the President nor wanted to be. I like Trump. I'm glad he was president long enough to shine a light on the swamp and the fake news media, but I'm not so smitten that I can't see his flaws either.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2021, 02:35 PM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Trump had what most repubs do not - a backbone.
I thought he would well within bounds if he bitch-slapped Chucky Shummer, or had breakfast with Pelosi.
Old 11-03-2021, 05:51 PM   #19
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Quite possibly I would have done the same as Trump, but I was not the President nor wanted to be. I like Trump. I'm glad he was president long enough to shine a light on the swamp and the fake news media, but I'm not so smitten that I can't see his flaws either.
I do not think about flaws, they mean nothing to me. I look for a chief executive to get things correct much much greater than any small fails. What do you people know about personality, you only care to be hard on those who have wealth and privileged because your stock never added up over the years. Combine that with those inside the establishment who are not for you to begin with, just those who you favor. The establishment gave you today's gasoline and food prices. This post is not to tucker6's specifically, but just a insertion point.

Last edited by fast4522; 11-03-2021 at 05:53 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2021, 06:29 PM   #20
Vinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2021, 06:52 PM   #21
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I have a question for you, CH: Which of Trump's policies and/or accomplishments did you dislike, specifically?
The deficit.

I didn't have much of a problem with cutting corporate taxes to make the US more competitive, but IMO he cut taxes too much on wealthy individuals without cutting spending. It's a fantasy to think you can cut taxes and they will magically pay for themselves. We were already running large deficits. When he campaigned he said he would cut corporate taxes but raise income taxes on wealthy individuals and close loopholes, but I guess he couldn't get that past the rest of the republicans. IMO, that was a failure.

Besides that, I think he was right on trade, China, Russia, NATO, the middle east, making us more competitive, making us energy independent while we transition to cleaner energy over time, terrorism, and on securing the border.

Most of his problems were personality related. He's an extreme narcissist. It's hard to accomplish things when almost everyone around you hates you because you are constantly behaving like an insensitive jerk. No one is saying you can't defend yourself from unfair attacks, but he had a bad way of doing it.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:24 PM   #22
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
The deficit.

I didn't have much of a problem with cutting corporate taxes to make the US more competitive, but IMO he cut taxes too much on wealthy individuals without cutting spending. It's a fantasy to think you can cut taxes and they will magically pay for themselves. We were already running large deficits. When he campaigned he said he would cut corporate taxes but raise income taxes on wealthy individuals and close loopholes, but I guess he couldn't get that past the rest of the republicans. IMO, that was a failure.

Besides that, I think he was right on trade, China, Russia, NATO, the middle east, making us more competitive, making us energy independent while we transition to cleaner energy over time, terrorism, and on securing the border.

Most of his problems were personality related. He's an extreme narcissist. It's hard to accomplish things when almost everyone around you hates you because you are constantly behaving like an insensitive jerk. No one is saying you can't defend yourself from unfair attacks, but he had a bad way of doing it.
Agreed. His biggest policy failure was the deficit. Isn't it interesting that one of his strengths turned out to be foreign policy. The very subject that many thought would be his weakness.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2021, 09:15 PM   #23
boxcar

Quote:
The deficit.

No, the core problem the SWAMP had with Trump was his political agenda, not his personality. And a man's agenda, policies and accomplishments count far more with me than his personality. While I agree that he often ran off with his mouth, by the same token I thought just often much of it was warranted! I found it refreshing for a politician to candidly speak his mind and not hide behind thin veneer or politically correct speech. His honesty was refreshing in this regard.
Old 11-03-2021, 09:27 PM   #24
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Some funny stuff in NJ

What are the odds?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...-down-n2598535
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2021, 09:35 PM   #25
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Some funny stuff in NJ

What are the odds?

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...-down-n2598535
Nothing funny about cheats. 56 machines just shut down? I thought every vote counted...until it doesn't., I guess. This is why states need to overhaul how vote tallies are reported, which I wrote about earlier today. Otherwise, the vote counters will virtually always determine the outcome of elections.
Old 11-04-2021, 02:26 AM   #26
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Nothing funny about cheats. 56 machines just shut down? I thought every vote counted...until it doesn't., I guess. This is why states need to overhaul how vote tallies are reported, which I wrote about earlier today. Otherwise, the vote counters will virtually always determine the outcome of elections.
"Name the last time 50 voting machines “failed” in a Republican stronghold and a Democrat lead reversed overnight. Just name one…in the last 80 years…"
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2021, 07:55 AM   #27
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
"Name the last time 50 voting machines “failed” in a Republican stronghold and a Democrat lead reversed overnight. Just name one…in the last 80 years…"
Yup, more overnight shenanigans.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:57 AM   #28
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

As horseplayers, we have a talent for looking for patterns.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2021, 02:50 PM   #29
stuball

Thumbs up Hmmmmm

Can you imagine the absolute insanity that would have been on President Trump if he actually tried to take some money away from the Congressmen and Senators .by taking away their pork - he did what he could
Quote:
The deficit.

stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply