Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 10-11-2021, 04:59 PM   #2956
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
IMO...the biggest mistake an investor can make is to invest much-needed money in Bitcoin. And the second-biggest mistake an investor can make is to ignore bitcoin totally as an investment. I have 10% of my net worth invested in Bitcoin...and I intend to hold on to it until the Bitcoin price reaches $1,000,000.

The Bitcoin naysayers sound a lot like the internet naysayers of old, as far as I am concerned.
I was shocked today when Jamie Dimon, the CEO of JP Morgan said bitcoin is worthless.

https://twitter.com/technology/statu...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Big Banks are scared s_ _ _less of Bitcoin.
Old 10-11-2021, 05:20 PM   #2957
Wiley
Horse Racing Connossieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
this publication caters to right-leaning gold bugs (like me)

https://trendsandtrackrecords.com/co...-bitcoins-end/
Good article, but why just single out Bitcoin's lack of value if quantum computing comes to fruition?

Most all of our financial institutions use some form of digital access and transfers, so if cyber cryptographic security becomes obsolete, then the whole current economic system will be destroyed too. To me, that will be a bigger concern.

I guess the point of the article is to promote gold and to bury blockchain currencies. No law that says you can't own both.
I have a small amount of Ethereum which has done well over the last year or so, and will use Thask's hold of Bitcoin strategy as well!
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2021, 05:48 AM   #2958
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
Good article, but why just single out Bitcoin's lack of value if quantum computing comes to fruition?

Most all of our financial institutions use some form of digital access and transfers, so if cyber cryptographic security becomes obsolete, then the whole current economic system will be destroyed too. To me, that will be a bigger concern.

I guess the point of the article is to promote gold and to bury blockchain currencies. No law that says you can't own both.
I have a small amount of Ethereum which has done well over the last year or so, and will use Thask's hold of Bitcoin strategy as well!
in my opinion, blockchain technology is here to stay in some form

this guy came on CNBC and warned about cryptos. to me its just another guy listening to his own words.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/13/cryp...hor-warns.html
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2021, 11:18 AM   #2959
lamboguy

Global Atomic Corporation (GLATF)

this company just announced plans to construct a mine to dig out uranium. i always like to buy these things when they announce the construction and sell them when the company goes into production.

the risk in this thing is a political risk, the new mine is located in Dasa, Niger.

this is probably a 3 year hold for a possible 40 bagger, the company is already permitted and there are worse jurisdictions in the world. this place is probably average in the mining industry.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:28 AM   #2960
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
this company just announced plans to construct a mine to dig out uranium. i always like to buy these things when they announce the construction and sell them when the company goes into production.

the risk in this thing is a political risk, the new mine is located in Dasa, Niger.

this is probably a 3 year hold for a possible 40 bagger, the company is already permitted and there are worse jurisdictions in the world. this place is probably average in the mining industry.
I'm bullish on uranium and lithium right now, and would rather take that risk over a small start-up in a dangerous country. But I respect your knowledge on that type of business.

For some reason that I don't understand and has most economists scratching their heads, gold and silver have not reacted inversely to inflation. Looking at the charts I use, it looks to me like GLD is very close to setting a three-year low on their monthly relative strength(RSI), and if that happens along with a low on their MACD, then gold looks very bearish. Of course, if it stays in the same relative strength vs. the overall market, then it continues sideways to slightly down. It's been sideways for over 10 years already.

Silver has been sideways to mostly down over the same ten years. I've said on here before that silver seems to trail gold by a month or two. If gold does go bearish, silver will most likely follow.
Old 10-18-2021, 03:08 PM   #2961
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
I'm bullish on uranium and lithium right now, and would rather take that risk over a small start-up in a dangerous country. But I respect your knowledge on that type of business.

For some reason that I don't understand and has most economists scratching their heads, gold and silver have not reacted inversely to inflation. Looking at the charts I use, it looks to me like GLD is very close to setting a three-year low on their monthly relative strength(RSI), and if that happens along with a low on their MACD, then gold looks very bearish. Of course, if it stays in the same relative strength vs. the overall market, then it continues sideways to slightly down. It's been sideways for over 10 years already.

Silver has been sideways to mostly down over the same ten years. I've said on here before that silver seems to trail gold by a month or two. If gold does go bearish, silver will most likely follow.
my only answer to that is you can measure the potential strength of the upcoming bull market by the length and weakness that preceded it.

that means that when precious metals decide to move north, it will be for a long time and have a more than major move in price.

as far as uranium is concerned, there is plenty of the stuff available right now in mines throughout the world, but once demand picks up there will be shortages and uranium doesn't get recycled yet. the majority of precious metals are only used as a monetary value. when you bet on precious metals, you are betting against governments. when you look at world leaders you might come to the conclusion that someday you are going to need precious metals.
Old 10-21-2021, 03:34 PM   #2962
lamboguy

Proshares just started an ETF to trade Bitcoin. it looks to me that Proshares is controlling the whole market in that thing. there are other companies that are trying to get in the deal.

that being said, this ETF trades off of future contracts of the Bitcoin, and my guess is they are basing this on the front month. i wonder what is going to happen when the Bitcoin futures are trading in a contango. contango is when future months are trading higher than the spot price. this happens at different times with all commodities that i have ever seen. to me this is going to spell trouble in paradise for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. i suspect that since the ETF is brand new, that the price is on the move north right now. i wish i knew the number to come in on, but i think this will implode the same way the oil market imploded after they introduced ETF trading on oil. i am going to speculate that they will jam bitcoin up to reach $100,000 at some point and that might be a great spot to step in short the baby.
Old 10-21-2021, 08:10 PM   #2963
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

So yeah...while nobody was looking, the S&P futures set a brand new all-time high today....so all that fretting the last few weeks was literally about nothing...lol

Steadily declining volume over the last 5-6 days
Old 10-21-2021, 08:19 PM   #2964
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
So yeah...while nobody was looking, the S&P futures set a brand new all-time high today....so all that fretting the last few weeks was literally about nothing...lol

Steadily declining volume over the last 5-6 days
there you go again....ruining another post

i was keeping a lid on it till you......

Anyway, yes a new high but lets wait till tomorrow if it pulls back....

I like a FULL GREENIE above the high....not a peek a boo

Attached Images
File Type: jpg x.JPG (34.2 KB, 2 views)
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2021, 08:39 PM   #2965
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

A new high is a new high...doesn't matter how high...lol

It's significant...especially since a bunch of people thought the world was coming to an end.

We never did get a "couple more solid closes below the 100MA" like I wrote a while back...so...it didn't crash...

Thank me very much.
Old 10-26-2021, 04:53 PM   #2966
lamboguy

DWAC was trading @ $10 last week and went as high as $175 and then down to $60,

the company raised and will raise enough money to be a viable company in my opinion. its going to come down to the technology to see how far this thing goes.

if this thing opens its doors up to users, they will have at least 20 million people
the very first day..

this probably trades down some more from here, i am going to guess that somewhere in the $22 area would be a good spot to take a look at this.
Old 10-27-2021, 01:25 AM   #2967
lamboguy

why isn't gold moving up vs, currency

https://monetary-metals.com/why-isnt...gn=SD%20Report
Old 10-27-2021, 10:09 AM   #2968
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
It "sort" of is going up if you just look at October, but down in Sept. and up in August. Clear as mud, no traction yet.

https://schrts.co/YFVFxPiy

12 months comparison below:
https://schrts.co/mIUsMnRA

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 10-27-2021 at 10:15 AM. Reason: add
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2021, 11:15 AM   #2969
lamboguy

this will put a scare into investor'shearts

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2021/...-short-stocks/
Old 10-27-2021, 11:23 AM   #2970
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Then when they go bankrupt shorting stocks, they can blame reddit...and shut that place down...lol

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: