Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 03-24-2018, 08:48 AM   #31
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
I don't see the speed in here being all that fast.

look to have it pretty easy on the front yet again IMO, even if they aren't in front and some other(s) like the , , or decide to jump up front. I don't see anybody really concerned about any of those horses.

Noble Indy should sit a good trip here, and I still think he is better than the and .

Noble Indy at 7/2 or better seems logical, as 9F shouldn't be a problem for him.
Looks like we're more or less on the same page. My top 5 rankings (although I don't know how or even if I'll bet the race).

Noble Indy
Snapper Sinclair
Bravazo
My Boy Jack
Retirement Fund

I downgraded My Boy Jack a bit because of the unusual circumstances of his last race. That might come back to bite me. Also, I would not be completely surprised if the Dark Templar were to hit the board.

Good luck!

Mule
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 08:59 AM   #32
woodbinepmi

DRF has taken the pp's for today's races at the Fair Grounds off their website. The fight between DRF and Churchill continues.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:20 AM   #33
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

How can you tell?
That website is so crappy you can't get to anywhere on it easily.The best I could do is get to the point where you BUY the product, THEN you get to see what products are available.

If there is a homepage, you will find Waldo long before you find it. The place is set up like a maze - dead ends, bad links, no way to get from A to B.

Whenever I go to get the Enhanced Entries, I have to log in twice or else I don't get the Beyers.

So DRF is petty enough to take out their war with CD on their CUSTOMERS? Really Classy of those jerks.

I always knew DRF was run by total A holes, nice to see nothing has changed over there.

BRIS has FREE FG PPS today - go to PPS and scroll down to FREE PPs.

I bough my TF PPs directly from the TF website - DRF hasn't screwed that up totally....YET!

Last edited by Tom; 03-24-2018 at 10:21 AM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 10:35 AM   #34
acorn54

derby at fairgrounds. as usual another race where your almost sure to get paid peanuts for being right. next.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 10:41 AM   #35
woodbinepmi

The past performances look to be back up now.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:52 AM   #36
GMB@BP

Robert,

Excellent write up, I tend to agree with what you said. My Boy Jack and Lone Sailor look like two closers who fit, but the price difference between the two will be astronomical.

I still like Noble Indy but I could use some lone sailor.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 01:11 PM   #37
Wiley
Horse Racing Connossieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbinepmi View Post
If anybody is going to the Fair Grounds Saturday, I will be at the paddock by the Guitar Star bar with a group. Stop by and say 'hi', I will be the guy in the white Hong Kong Derby hat.

Michael
So if Givemeaminit, by Star Guitar, wins are the drinks in the bar on the house?

Went to this race every year I lived in NO, starting with Balboa Native, a Lukas trainee, in '83 till the mid 90's. Never been that successful in picking a winner though. Had Slewpy that year, ran third.

I think Amoss has said he would rather win this race over the Ky Derby being a native New Orleanian. Lone Sailor looks too slow to win it, but he could get a good set up with a lot of forwardly placed types in here and am guessing Amoss has him set up for his best effort. I don't think you get more than 12-1 or so on him though, given the connections. My Boy Jack, with other Louisiana connections of the Desormeaux's, looks faster off of it, if he handles the sometimes quirky FG track.

Pletcher puts blinkers on Noble Indy so he might try to get the jump on the other speed to his outside. It looks like a lot of horses vieing for the same position towards the front to me.

I do really like Givemeaminit's dam side breeding with Turkoman and Pleasant Colony in there looks like he should like a distance of ground, unfortunately he has not run that way in earlier route races. I guess he keeps blinkers on. Stewart must think a lot of him, running in three grade 1's at 2 as a maiden. Javier on is a plus.

Lukas's colt looks good physically and was dead game in the Risen Star, if he stalks and stays on the rail, might get a good trip, if he can get out turning for home.
Not sure which way to go in this one. Have to see them on the track to decide.
Probably Lone Sailor if he looks the part.
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 02:09 PM   #38
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

I see no value at all in this race. A likely pass for me unless I get a huge price on Geroux and the #10
Old 03-24-2018, 02:38 PM   #39
Blenheim
Race Player

Noble Indy earned a BRIS 97 in his Maiden, one point shy of the leading horses in this race. I don’t see the ability to finish strongly, so doubtful he has the stamina and courage needed for this one. His CD says 8.03 furlongs. Pletcher makes the necessary adjustment putting blinkers on.

Should be a fun race to watch.

/

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 03:10 PM   #40
trifecta

I like, in this order:
Noble Indy
Dark Templar
. Hyndford

They all appear to be coming up to this race in pretty good form.
trifecta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 03:46 PM   #41
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
I see no value at all in this race. A likely pass for me unless I get a huge price on Geroux and the #10
Pletcher is the most likely winner with the #2...galloped out past the top two in the Risen Star and gets blinks today. Should trip well.
Looks like someone will more persevere than excel at 9f. The #2 fits the bill and maybe the #10 as well...he has the pedigree.
Good luck y'all
Old 03-24-2018, 04:06 PM   #42
storyline

good luck to all

LA derby

2 Noble Indy adds blinkers

9 My Boy Jack should be closing fast in the stretch

Play is 2-9 x's box

Use other closers underneath in tri's and super

There isn't a P5 so I'll play the P4 starting in the 8th
1-5 / 1-6-8-9 / 1-4-8 / 2-9
storyline is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 04:59 PM   #43
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Don't see anything that looks worth a bet at all - a lot of mediocre horse who have not much talent. Everything looks to be an underlay.

I liked Snapper Sinclair, but his last was just a slow race and he was aided by that. Won't be worth twice the price he goes off at. My Boy Jack is up against it closing, and Kent, is on my list of never bet jocks. Too many race he stiffs at the end. Nobel Indy keeps improving, but I see no value in him .

The Race is hardly worth watching, let alone betting.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:49 PM   #44
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
So if Givemeaminit, by Star Guitar, wins are the drinks in the bar on the house?

Went to this race every year I lived in NO, starting with Balboa Native, a Lukas trainee, in '83 till the mid 90's. Never been that successful in picking a winner though. Had Slewpy that year, ran third.

I think Amoss has said he would rather win this race over the Ky Derby being a native New Orleanian. Lone Sailor looks too slow to win it, but he could get a good set up with a lot of forwardly placed types in here and am guessing Amoss has him set up for his best effort. I don't think you get more than 12-1 or so on him though, given the connections. My Boy Jack, with other Louisiana connections of the Desormeaux's, looks faster off of it, if he handles the sometimes quirky FG track.

Pletcher puts blinkers on Noble Indy so he might try to get the jump on the other speed to his outside. It looks like a lot of horses vieing for the same position towards the front to me.

I do really like Givemeaminit's dam side breeding with Turkoman and Pleasant Colony in there looks like he should like a distance of ground, unfortunately he has not run that way in earlier route races. I guess he keeps blinkers on. Stewart must think a lot of him, running in three grade 1's at 2 as a maiden. Javier on is a plus.

Lukas's colt looks good physically and was dead game in the Risen Star, if he stalks and stays on the rail, might get a good trip, if he can get out turning for home.
Not sure which way to go in this one. Have to see them on the track to decide.
Probably Lone Sailor if he looks the part.
If the pace is hot enough and the race falls apart at the top of the stretch Givemeaminit and Lone Sailor and My Boy Jack seem like they could be involved in the stretch run.

Dalllas Stewart seems to have one of these long shots close in the stretch and upset a trifecta in a prep or a triple crown race at least once a year. Maybe it just seems like that, but it would in no way surprise me. This is a big race for guys like Stewart and Amoss
Old 03-24-2018, 05:56 PM   #45
Tee

How hard is it going to be for Dark Templar to work out a trip? The outside post may not be that big of a hindrance today. Could be the key to the race if Geroux can tuck in behind the speed & save some ground. At the very least he will get to see what is going on inside of him after the break.