Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-24-2018, 10:13 PM   #16
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Interesting, did not realize that it was the same quality. I have seen some grass sprinters come over here and do ok but that was about it. I do remember a horse named Rough Habit who ran in the mid 90's on the turf.
he was a good horse that grew 4 more legs on very wet tracks, but i never though he was anything special.
it was also a new zealand horse, although did most of its racing here in australia
steveb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 10:19 PM   #17
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Yep I know. This gal is a complete freak. I mean she wins when she shouldn't, whether soft turf or bad breaks, and I have never seen anything like her. One more G1 win and she breaks Black Caviar's record which I always thought was unattainable.
that seem to be the opinion that most here have of her.
probably correct too.

winx is just 1 race under black caviar's record of 25 wins in a row, but it need not be a group1 race win to draw level with her.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:21 PM   #18
GMB@BP

Quote:
Yep I know. This gal is a complete freak. I mean she wins when she shouldn't, whether soft turf or bad breaks, and I have never seen anything like her. One more G1 win and she breaks Black Caviar's record which I always thought was unattainable.
I wasnt really talking about her.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 10:22 PM   #19
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
I wasnt really talking about her.
Ok, I am confused.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 10:24 PM   #20
GMB@BP

Quote:
Ok, I am confused.
I asked about Australian racing and how it compares, not how she compares, she might be Man O War for all I know.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 10:27 PM   #21
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
I asked about Australian racing and how it compares, not how she compares, she might be Man O War for all I know.
Ok, so you want it compared to France and England? If so it is the absolute top of the line.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:30 PM   #22
jocko699
Resurrectionist

In other words, Galileo, Frankel, etc..............................
Old 03-25-2018, 08:41 AM   #23
classhandicapper

I would think Timeform Europe could give you a pretty good line on Australian racing. IMO, the best way to evaluate it is to look for horses that ship into and out of Australia and track their performances relative to form. Since Timeform is following all that, their scale is probably fairly accurate. You may want to evaluate individual horses differently, but for a general qualitative guide that's probably a good way to start.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:07 PM   #24
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I would think Timeform Europe could give you a pretty good line on Australian racing. IMO, the best way to evaluate it is to look for horses that ship into and out of Australia and track their performances relative to form. Since Timeform is following all that, their scale is probably fairly accurate. You may want to evaluate individual horses differently, but for a general qualitative guide that's probably a good way to start.
timeform has it's own australian bit, and they are supposedly in line with europe and wherever else.

https://www.racingandsports.com.au/en/timeform/
Old 03-28-2018, 01:12 PM   #25
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
timeform has it's own australian bit, and they are supposedly in line with europe and wherever else.

https://www.racingandsports.com.au/en/timeform/
Thanks.

I'm a Timeform fan.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: