Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-11-2020, 05:39 PM   #1
thetripleclowns

Breeders Cup Recap

We had Laffit Pincay and Joe Mishak, from MyRacehorse, on our show to recap the Breeders Cup. Find out what they had to say about the Breeders Cup and what it was like without fans.

Did anyone hit the late pick 5 Saturday?

thetripleclowns is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2020, 12:59 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Without fans? The shots I saw made it look like we might have record attendance.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2020, 01:31 PM   #3
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Without fans? The shots I saw made it look like we might have record attendance.
It wasn't a great look.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2020, 02:01 PM   #4
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Exactly, cj. Paddock, Walking Ring, and the Rail looked pretty crowded for an event that was supposed to be "without fans".
Old 11-12-2020, 03:35 PM   #5
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Exactly, cj. Paddock, Walking Ring, and the Rail looked pretty crowded for an event that was supposed to be "without fans".
Breeders Cup horses - 6 tickets for owners, 4 for Breeders. 114 horses passed the entry box for Saturday. That's over 1,000 people right there. (I don't think owners/breeders of multiple entrants turned any "extra" tickets back - right Sol Kumin?) It doesn't take too many people to look crowded outside in the key areas of the track. The shots of the stands still looked fairly barren.

I doubt that they took tickets away from those who scratched or AE's that didn't ultimately get in - but I don't know what the official policy was. There were also the owners of horses in those first three fairly full fields to add in - don't know how many tickets they each received.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2020, 03:14 AM   #6
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
Breeders Cup horses - 6 tickets for owners, 4 for Breeders. 114 horses passed the entry box for Saturday. That's over 1,000 people right there. (I don't think owners/breeders of multiple entrants turned any "extra" tickets back - right Sol Kumin?) It doesn't take too many people to look crowded outside in the key areas of the track. The shots of the stands still looked fairly barren.

I doubt that they took tickets away from those who scratched or AE's that didn't ultimately get in - but I don't know what the official policy was. There were also the owners of horses in those first three fairly full fields to add in - don't know how many tickets they each received.
Point made. I'll take the way over on over 1,000.
Old 11-13-2020, 07:18 AM   #7
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I thought it was an excellent look, sporting people behaving naturally. Refreshing.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2020, 09:58 AM   #8
LemonSoupKid

I hit the late pick 4 which means I was oh so close to the pick 5 and pick 6.

I'm wondering what you all think about attendance at Del Mar in 2021. Will there be people attending? Have they announced anything or predicted? It is California, which is one problem ...
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2020, 02:03 PM   #9
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
I hit the late pick 4 which means I was oh so close to the pick 5 and pick 6.

I'm wondering what you all think about attendance at Del Mar in 2021. Will there be people attending? Have they announced anything or predicted? It is California, which is one problem ...
I would say way too far out to fathom a guess. Lakers have already announced no fans when season starts, but even that could change since it is over a month away.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: