Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-27-2020, 10:17 AM   #16
azeri98

Pat Day on Awesome Again in the Best Breeders Cup classic field. Mike Smith on Arrogate in the Classic.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2020, 10:31 AM   #17
LemonSoupKid

I should go back and check these, especially Arrogate as I had gotten worked over on that BC Saturday ... and then I laid it all down on Arrogate. I have pictures of him in the stall. I knew he was going to do it and he made me happy.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2020, 11:38 AM   #18
jimmyb

Jerry Baileys ride in the Kentucky Derby on Sea Hero.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2020, 11:55 AM   #19
metro

Pat Day could get more out of a front runner than any jockey in history. Wild Again and Cat Thief a couple of others that he carried to the wire.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2020, 02:44 PM   #20
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Go Go on Blame to beat Zenyatta in the BC Classic at CD.
I get off a little late from work one Saturday. Get to Fonner, and have looked at Santa Anita's late Pick 4 for two days. Set my form on the table, look and see what race they are on. Open the form to the race and do a 1 min handicap of the race. See Gomez is on the and is 8/1. I run up, put $10 to win on him. Talk to a few people on the way back to my seat. And the wins. I figured, I just paid for my Pick 4, and started to rib a guy next to me. Told him I just figured GG would improve the horse. Looked down at the form, and noticed it was E Gomez from Los Al that I had just bet. Bought the guy a beer for that one.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2020, 08:30 PM   #21
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
I get off a little late from work one Saturday. Get to Fonner, and have looked at Santa Anita's late Pick 4 for two days. Set my form on the table, look and see what race they are on. Open the form to the race and do a 1 min handicap of the race. See Gomez is on the and is 8/1. I run up, put $10 to win on him. Talk to a few people on the way back to my seat. And the wins. I figured, I just paid for my Pick 4, and started to rib a guy next to me. Told him I just figured GG would improve the horse. Looked down at the form, and noticed it was E Gomez from Los Al that I had just bet. Bought the guy a beer for that one.
Priceless!
Old 03-28-2020, 12:20 PM   #22
Dan Montilion

Lady Godiva... Not sure how big a race. However, it was quite a ride.

Anthony Bourdain
Dan Montilion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2020, 01:03 PM   #23
Waquoit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Jerry Baileys ride in the Kentucky Derby on Sea Hero.
For a Bailey Derby, doesn't it have to be Grindstone? He had to make several quick decisions and won in photo. We all saw the iso replay and that's the ride that sent Bailey into the stratosphere.
Waquoit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2020, 01:10 PM   #24
ultracapper

It wasn't a huge race, it was a stake race, I believe at Hollywood, but MSmith on Zenyatta. She was beat, and only a 4 path re-route at the 1/8th pole kept her undefeated.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2020, 01:21 PM   #25
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Go Go on Blame to beat Zenyatta in the BC Classic at CD.
And the flip side of MSmith. I thought he kind of tainted Gomez when he said it was his fault Zenyatta lost. It wasn't Smith's fault Z lost, it was Gomez's fault.

I suppose Smith felt like he had to say that though.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2020, 01:32 PM   #26
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Jeremy Rose on Afleet Alex in the 2005 Preakness , one of the most perilous episodes in the history of the Triple Crown. Somehow Rose was able to hold on and Afleet Alex managed to stay on his feet, when the horse’s forelegs buckled and his nose came within inches of hitting the ground after front-running Scrappy T sideswiped him turning for home. Went on to win by 4 3/4 lengths. Amazing! Never forget it.
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2020, 03:16 PM   #27
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

That's a good one.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2020, 03:42 PM   #28
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
Jeremy Rose on Afleet Alex in the 2005 Preakness , one of the most perilous episodes in the history of the Triple Crown. Somehow Rose was able to hold on and Afleet Alex managed to stay on his feet, when the horse’s forelegs buckled and his nose came within inches of hitting the ground after front-running Scrappy T sideswiped him turning for home. Went on to win by 4 3/4 lengths. Amazing! Never forget it.
You beat me to posting that one...great choice.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2020, 05:12 PM   #29
Sysonby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
After the race, Rose was asked how he managed to stay on. He said, he (Afleet Alex) is just that athletic and I was just that scared.
Sysonby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2020, 06:23 PM   #30
SharpCat

Chris McCarron aboard Touch Gold in the 1997 Belmont.
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply