Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-08-2019, 12:05 AM   #16
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
Amazing, Saturday's $.50 pick 5 pays more than the $2 pick 6. Good stuff.
The $2 Pick-6 paid over 10 times the 50 cent Pick-5. You're looking at the wrong Pick-5.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2019, 06:04 AM   #17
Franco Santiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
If they didn't announce the change, how would we know the bet had been opened up? Come on.

Very true. At least someone is swallowing his/her pride and making the change. What was the premise of filtering out people in the first place? Short-sighted, in retrospect, and they know it.

I wonder what the difference in handle between the early and late P5s was. And I wonder what the difference in average field sizes in the first half and second halves of the cards were...seems to me they were larger in the second half.

Can the game save itself? Or is does it no longer exist in 15 years?

I don't think the people that run it are savvy enough to save it. Short run, reactionary thinkers.
Franco Santiago is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2019, 09:33 AM   #18
Zman179
Registered Wacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Santiago View Post
Very true. At least someone is swallowing his/her pride and making the change. What was the premise of filtering out people in the first place? Short-sighted, in retrospect, and they know it.

I wonder what the difference in handle between the early and late P5s was. And I wonder what the difference in average field sizes in the first half and second halves of the cards were...seems to me they were larger in the second half.

Can the game save itself? Or is does it no longer exist in 15 years?

I don't think the people that run it are savvy enough to save it. Short run, reactionary thinkers.
Probably to encourage people to use the NYRA Bets platform. Only problem is that an exclusive wager is not going to encourage people to go there, so it was indeed short sighted.

Saturday Early Pick 5 Pool: $602,027
Late: $909,120 (all stakes)
Sunday Early: $456,227
Late: $339,054
Friday Early: $477,011
Late: $258,313.
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2019, 10:12 AM   #19
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman179 View Post
Probably to encourage people to use the NYRA Bets platform. Only problem is that an exclusive wager is not going to encourage people to go there, so it was indeed short sighted.

Saturday Early Pick 5 Pool: $602,027
Late: $909,120 (all stakes)
Sunday Early: $456,227
Late: $339,054
Friday Early: $477,011
Late: $258,313.
Change is working and just in time for the Spa meet
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2019, 11:41 AM   #20
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
The $2 Pick-6 paid over 10 times the 50 cent Pick-5. You're looking at the wrong Pick-5.
Yes, the regular (not "XC" is that cross stakes?) .50 pick 5 was not delineated on drf's site, but I see what you're saying when I look at NYRA. Odd.

By the way, can anyone tell me what Gulfstream's late pick 5 is? I find it really annoying that you can't get a straight and transparent place to go to see where state track takes are listed. HANA only has tracks listed as of 2017. I read in a press release Gulfstream had a late pick 5 with an "industry low 12%" which is what Stronach would do, but I can't verify it.

Another problem with the game, they should be forced to put the wager type track takes in a section on their websites.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2019, 11:49 AM   #21
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
So your argument is a relative 24% take increase regarding the rollover ... interesting.
Correct. With $1,000,000 of new money bet $240,000 will go to takeout but it will be replaced by $240,000 from the carryover giving a net zero takeout. Ideally you would want a significant carryover with a low amount of new money bet.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:07 PM   #22
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Correct. With $1,000,000 of new money bet $240,000 will go to takeout but it will be replaced by $240,000 from the carryover giving a net zero takeout. Ideally you would want a significant carryover with a low amount of new money bet.
Do you think/know if CRW players bet into Pick 5/6s at the same rate as other types of bets?
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2019, 02:02 PM   #23
Robert Fischer
clean money

Lightbulb

That was a GREAT sequence Saturday.

Could have never used Henley's Joy on a smaller series of tickets.

I personally 'like' the horse, and I actually gave him a chance to hit the board on dirt in a prep earlier, this just seemed like a step up in class, and a tough field, but he got the trip, and out-gamed Social Paranoia... Cool horse, got his moment in the sun.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:47 PM   #24
Robert Fischer
clean money

Cool poetry in motion pick 5 watch the whales, and the sharks in the ocean

pick five

world wide

https://www.drf.com/news/nyra-plans-...=news/all-news

nyra introducing a jackpot-6

time to stick with this pick-5 $#!1.

i just blew my own high

I think I'll stick to my day job.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:14 PM   #25
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
With this statement you mean if there were no increase in take on rollover days, so that you could take advantage of a lower pure number of winning tickets via few players/tickets playing.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply