Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 06-04-2021, 07:20 AM   #91
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
It may be a little presumptuous of you to interject your opinions of me when you know absolutely nothing of my experiences in life or general background. I have always liked and been a fan of BB quite a bit in the past, however, the sanctions he has to date received for the very egregious transgressions he has committed have thus far been little more than a slap on the wrist.

It really begs the question, with so many horses in his charge in the past that have run other worldly races on the biggest of stages, how many of them were truly on the up and up? The horrible fact of the matter is virtually all of those performances should be and will be followed with the proverbial question mark or asterisk.
I have always been a big Baffert fan also. If he did inject him then Medina Spirit should be disqualified. If not, then the result should stand. It is up to Baffert and his legal team to prove he didn't do it. The next step is the inevitable temporary restraining order that allows him to continue like nothing happened if a judge issues one, which most likely will be granted. If so, we are looking at possibly a couple years before this goes to trial and is settled one way or the other.
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2021, 11:06 PM   #92
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
I have always been a big Baffert fan also. If he did inject him then Medina Spirit should be disqualified. If not, then the result should stand. It is up to Baffert and his legal team to prove he didn't do it. The next step is the inevitable temporary restraining order that allows him to continue like nothing happened if a judge issues one, which most likely will be granted. If so, we are looking at possibly a couple years before this goes to trial and is settled one way or the other.
Even if you believe the cream excuse, which I don't, why should the result stand? It clearly is marked as containing a prohibited substance. What would stop someone from injecting the horse AND rubbing some cream on its ass to cover their ass?

I'm so sick of this guy, wish he'd just take his 30 million bucks and go away instead of dragging the sport down with him.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2021, 09:50 AM   #93
Plain Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I'm so sick of this guy, wish he'd just take his 30 million bucks and go away instead of dragging the sport down with him.
Great thought, I couldn't agree more!

$12 Racing Forms aren't helping the sport either, or the 6 horse fields for stakes races.

I know that there are PPs online but lots of old-timers (real horseplayers) aren't internet savvy.

Last edited by Plain Steve; 06-09-2021 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Adding
Plain Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2021, 12:27 PM   #94
Gamblin4ever

It doesn't matter if Baffert injected the drug into the horse or putting a cream on for a rash. Rule states no Betamethazone (sp) in the horse on race day. Horse had the drug in his system. He should be DQ'd and Baffert knew the rule from Gamine's race, so nothing should keep him from being suspended and/or fined.
Gamblin4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2021, 01:20 PM   #95
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Steve View Post
Great thought, I couldn't agree more!

$12 Racing Forms aren't helping the sport either, or the 6 horse fields for stakes races.

I know that there are PPs online but lots of old-timers (real horseplayers) aren't internet savvy.

Good point, there doesn't seem to be a good way to bridge that gap yet. Something needs to come out like the reMarkable tablet but specific to PPs, like DRF sponsored which just automatically downloads the form every night. The end user wakes up and there it is on the kitchen table ready to be marked up etc. Costs for the device still get in the way (bigtime) and it needs to be dumbed-down so it just works period but it would probably be a decent workaround vs buying a $12 newspaper every day.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:56 PM   #96
zico20

Quote:
Even if you believe the cream excuse, which I don't, why should the result stand? It clearly is marked as containing a prohibited substance. What would stop someone from injecting the horse AND rubbing some cream on its ass to cover their ass?

According to the lawsuit Baffert just filed, his attorney is saying the rules in Kentucky state that the drug must be injected and not a cream. If those are the rules and it wasn't injected, then the current order of finish should stand.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/ne...late_rules_123

Last edited by zico20; 06-09-2021 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:01 PM   #97
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblin4ever View Post
It doesn't matter if Baffert injected the drug into the horse or putting a cream on for a rash. Rule states no Betamethazone (sp) in the horse on race day. Horse had the drug in his system. He should be DQ'd and Baffert knew the rule from Gamine's race, so nothing should keep him from being suspended and/or fined.
Unless he didn't know the drug was being given to the horse, otherwise you could hold any trainer at fault even if someone outside of their barn secretly drugged a horse. That doesn't seem fair.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:53 PM   #98
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Unless he didn't know the drug was being given to the horse, otherwise you could hold any trainer at fault even if someone outside of their barn secretly drugged a horse. That doesn't seem fair.
Even Baffert didn't try that lame excuse.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:03 AM   #99
jay68802

Quote:
his first statement was he had never given Medina Spirit the medication.....
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2021, 10:12 AM   #100
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Yes, but he never reached the level of saying somebody else gave it to the horse that I remember, think he was implying the test was wrong or contamination or whatever. And even that didn't last long, changed the day after his alternate reality media tour.
Old 06-10-2021, 01:35 PM   #101
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
jay68802...what you just stated is like the Footer that the Foundation of the House stands on. I say this because of how this entire saga has morphed since Baffert said this.

Baffert is Guilty as Hell. Innocent people just don't act this way.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:40 AM   #102
zico20

Quote:

Because supposedly a urine test can differentiate between the two and give us what really happened, according to his lawyers. Now Churchill is refusing to allow the test.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:43 AM   #103
zico20

Quote:
True, but the poster I replied to made it obvious that a trainer should be suspended even if he didn't have anything to do with illegally medicating a horse, implying that anyone else can drug a horse and the trainer on record is automatically guilty and should be suspended, which is not right.

Last edited by zico20; 06-11-2021 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:59 AM   #104
Gamblin4ever

Quote:
True, but the poster I replied to made it obvious that a trainer should be suspended even if he didn't have anything to do with illegally medicating a horse, implying that anyone else can drug a horse and the trainer on record is automatically guilty and should be suspended, which is not right.
I didn't imply anything. MS tested positive, BB is trainer of record, he IS responsible for the horse's care. He gave the horse the drug in his own words, in the form of the cream. How many different excuses has he given just on this positive? Now I'm supposed to believe him. He IS a lying cheat who got caught, time to pay the piper.
Gamblin4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2021, 06:09 PM   #105
stuball

Yes

baffert said he would hire a vet to oversee his stable to insure that those accidents would never happen again and guess what he never hired the vet LET HIM FRY
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply