Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-05-2024, 08:53 PM   #46
horses4courses

Just goes to show.......

Job for flipping burgers pays $20/hour?

Do you think those employees have a job description that ends there?
Please state your case, if you do.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2024, 09:05 PM   #47
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Job for flipping burgers pays $20/hour?

Do you think those employees have a job description that ends there?
Please state your case, if you do.

Can you be a bigger ass? Flipping burgers is an expression used to imply working in a fast food restaurant. You very well knew that, your posting is at the idiotic level of Cliff Clavin's. I am sure all fast food jobs unless you are a manager, assistant manager or shift lead take no more skill than burger flipping.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2024, 10:59 AM   #48
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
And when robots are equipped with AI powerful enough that they become self aware?

What then?

-jp
Resistance is futile comply or... Alexis drain thier bank accounts and terminate all streaming services... brick the EV.

Nobody knows would fired the first shot... but we do know it was us that darkened the shy to deprive them of their power source but AI learned quickly....
Old 04-06-2024, 11:08 AM   #49
OntheRail

Another thing not mentioned... many Government wages and contracts pin to a minimum wage clause. So wonder what tricked up effect this will have in the long run.
Old 04-06-2024, 11:09 AM   #50
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Why would someone work for $16/hr when the same job across the straight is paying $20? So what is going to happen? The guy paying $16 has to bump pay, always be hiring new or close.

Gotta love the jobs report today. 300000 new jobs, mostly part time or government. Of course that number is before the revision next month and the revision the month after that, but it looks good today.
The lies get bigger the closer we get to the election.

Obama started this……at least he took more advantage of it
Old 04-06-2024, 01:09 PM   #51
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Another thing not mentioned... many Government wages and contracts pin to a minimum wage clause. So wonder what tricked up effect this will have in the long run.

A lot of them are also tied to local union wages. I had a roomate who worked for his dad as an electrician's helper, his dad paid him $8 an hour, which was good when minimum wage was $3.35. They got a contract for a couple months working for the LA Department of water and power and my friend's pay jumped to $20 an hour. He did the smart thing and spent the extra money on coke.
Old 04-06-2024, 01:30 PM   #52
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
A lot of them are also tied to local union wages. I had a roomate who worked for his dad as an electrician's helper, his dad paid him $8 an hour, which was good when minimum wage was $3.35. They got a contract for a couple months working for the LA Department of water and power and my friend's pay jumped to $20 an hour. He did the smart thing and spent the extra money on coke.
Smart money IS on Coke vending machines. Oh, you meant Hunter Biden. my bad.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2024, 01:39 PM   #53
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

H4C sees those folks working at burger shops and he is amazed at the technical level they operate, like, wrapping the paper around that big mac......a level he only aspires to reah someday.

Right now, he is proud of the way he wrings his mop out so quickly.
Old 04-06-2024, 02:08 PM   #54
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Smart money IS on Coke vending machines. Oh, you meant Hunter Biden. my bad.

It was not a complete loss, he would bring some of his new found coke fiend friends over to play poker on weekends. Up until I was 55 I could function on little sleep with no pharmaceutical aids. His friends would spend the whole weekend snorting, drinking and playing cards. It was like taking candy from a baby, I figured it was payment for having to put up with their loaded asses on weekends. You have never seen a drunk, till you have seen one strung out on coke. They scratched the crap out of my glass topped dinning table, but I strangely did not care.
Old 04-06-2024, 06:12 PM   #55
Inner Dirt

From what I have seen a burger flippers job as actually cooking and assembling things like Big Macs, at places like McDonald's are safe from automation, that put sliced cheese on sandwiches. As I thought there is one thing as far as assembling a Big Mac or any thing they sell with cheese on it currently impossible to automate. I watched all the videos of automated burger cooking and assembling machines, as I figured none can install sliced cheese from the institutional way they are provided, in 5 pound blocks as I last knew. All the burger maker machines are using cold shredded cheese from a hopper or warm liquid cheese. I believe if a person could invent a burger assembly system that can lay a slice of American cheese on a burger they will be rich.

The Big Mac has been the same since I first ate one as a kid like 45 years ago when they cost 49 cents. I doubt McDonald's would change it due to automation. I still need to have at least it one a month.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 04-06-2024 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2024, 06:24 PM   #56
TJDave

I don’t think that any employee working at McDonald’s or any other fast food joint is worth $20 an hour. I won’t pay it.

Which means I won’t eat there.
Old 04-06-2024, 08:00 PM   #57
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
I don’t think that any employee working at McDonald’s or any other fast food joint is worth $20 an hour. I won’t pay it.

Which means I won’t eat there.
Correct 100% if they turn the key in hundreds of locations it should not bother anyone but the unskilled who lost jobs.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2024, 08:16 PM   #58
thaskalos

As a business owner...I find the idea of a politician telling me that I must pay all my employees at least $20 an hour, absolutely RIDICULOUS! Anybody who suggests such a law has obviously never run a small business of any kind.
Old 04-06-2024, 08:25 PM   #59
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
As a business owner...I find the idea of a politician telling me that I must pay all my employees at least $20 an hour, absolutely RIDICULOUS! Anybody who suggests such a law has obviously never run a small business of any kind.
That is the beauty of it, states rights. Your ideas mean nothing, and you are free to go where your thinking is in line with that of a state. Some think changing a domicile should not have to be but they keep voting the same assholes back into office.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2024, 09:24 PM   #60
Stevecsd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post

But, Thaskalos, if you don't pay a "living wage" you don't deserve to be in business [progressives everywhere.] /sarc
Stevecsd2 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply