Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 04-13-2024, 07:17 PM   #31
PalaceOfFortLarned

Course got rock hard and fast.

Back 9 was a roller coaster affair for the leaders with some tough pin positions that were near impossible to get to, much less play safe and make pars.

Master's committee will need to take a real hard look at that 17th hole pin position in the future. That got more and more diabolical as the day went on. 14 was absurd as well.

Weather should be amazing tomorrow. Assume they'll put some water on the course tonight.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2024, 07:40 AM   #32
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

No kidding...it looked like a good day for scoring, at least on TV, but I guess not. Three-putts were plentiful. Anything good someone accomplished was quickly given back for no net gain.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2024, 08:19 AM   #33
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
No kidding...it looked like a good day for scoring, at least on TV, but I guess not. Three-putts were plentiful. Anything good someone accomplished was quickly given back for no net gain.
Closest I've ever seen The Masters play to a near almost unfair level like we have seen in some US Opens in the past in which they completely crossed the line on some golf courses.

17 was getting narrowly close to being like the 2004 US Open at Shinnecock Hills in which they had to drag out a water house in the middle of play to try and slow down the absurd pin position.

https://www.golfmonthly.com/us-open/...us-open-158029
Old 04-14-2024, 12:06 PM   #34
PalaceOfFortLarned

Shocked I tell ya, shocked they put some water on the greens.

Back 9 today should be complete fireworks.
Old 04-14-2024, 10:09 PM   #35
ElKabong

Liv guys were dead in the water. Only Bryson had a prayer going into today and his chance ended after one hole.

Scottie is in that zone. Doesn't last long but I'm enjoying the ride

Aberg keeps getting better and better, after his good career at tech (why would a top HS golf prospect choose Lubbock??) . He has 5 majors in his future, minimum
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2024, 07:48 PM   #36
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTO Joe View Post
Poor Zach Johnson. He was "under stress".
Old 04-17-2024, 03:38 PM   #37
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I thought he was a religious fella.

With a mouth like that how does he ever expect to get into heaven?
Old 04-17-2024, 05:10 PM   #38
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
I thought he was a religious fella.

With a mouth like that how does he ever expect to get into heaven?
Only perfect people get to heaven?...

Read up on John. Not going to go boxcar on ya, but that'll be a good start

Not zach's finest moment and not what I'd do. I had a confrontation with a "golfer" last year at a course I don't normally play. He dropped multiple f and s bombs in front of his pre teen kids. He was in the wrong in every way possible, I gave him my # and told him we could meet at the park in 30 minutes if he wanted to decide this thing. Never heard from him.

Come to find out he's a half assed celebrity in another part of the state. 1970s Refugee touting the freedoms of America. He's not allowed on most courses here because of his temper. Not a big guy either. Just mouthy.

You never know who's "good" or who's bad in the eye of the public. I just let their personality and actions speak for themselves. But I'm not the final judge

Back to topic. Zack Johnson erred by not taking keegan Bradley
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 04-19-2024, 12:55 PM   #39
Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
I had a confrontation with a "golfer" last year at a course I don't normally play. He dropped multiple f and s bombs in front of his pre teen kids. He was in the wrong in every way possible, I gave him my # and told him we could meet at the park in 30 minutes if he wanted to decide this thing. Never heard from him.
Just out of curiosity, how old are you Elkabong?
Old 04-21-2024, 01:57 AM   #40
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
Just out of curiosity, how old are you Elkabong?
Mid late 60s
Old 04-21-2024, 08:30 AM   #41
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
He Captained the Ryder Cup team that got their asses whipped last year while he was 'picking' all his friends with his 6 selections as Captain.

Golf fans are quite remembering at times.
Old 04-21-2024, 10:31 AM   #42
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
He Captained the Ryder Cup team that got their asses whipped last year while he was 'picking' all his friends with his 6 selections as Captain.

Golf fans are quite remembering at times.
Amen. His picks for those positions were embarrassing. Keegan Bradley earned a spot but isn't a part of that clique.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:39 AM   #43
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Amen. His picks for those positions were embarrassing. Keegan Bradley earned a spot but isn't a part of that clique.
Yep. Such BS that Keegan wasn't on that team.

All those guys want to be on that team. Hell I've played competitive golf in my life and dreamed about being on a Ryder Cup team.

And when you get to that level to be denied by a clique?

Horrible.