Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-16-2019, 09:22 PM   #46
PuckLuck
Journeyman

It looked to me like Max was bumped at the start. Love the classiness of the connections to NOT object.

Anyway I see all of you are very pleased with yourselves and the outcome. Thats ok. Looked like a warm up race. See you people at the breeders cup.
PuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2019, 09:24 PM   #47
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
He did stumble at the start. Incidents like that can have an effect on a horse later in a race.
Yea. For all we know, the stumble may have been the difference between a loss and a clear victory.

Could have been meaningless, but it's impossible to know. Sometimes a little randomness is all it takes.

We saw two top 3yo's run and they both ran very well. King for a Day was best in that Kentucky Jockey Club and was a lower-tier Kentucky Derby prospect. Now he's back. Maximum Security didn't get to use his special talent for the first time in his career, but he still ran well.

The energy that I have for these two moving forward, is directed at hoping they come out of the race healthy, and show back up on the work tab, and come back full-strength to a race such as the Haskell or Travers.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:35 PM   #48
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Yea. For all we know, the stumble may have been the difference between a loss and a clear victory.
chart says he "recovered quickly".

Then for King for A Day "wore down Maximum Security in the stretch".

And we can say this about hundreds of horses who didn't win their races, who stumbled, or leaped up a little too eagerly out of the gate, (or had their back-end slip coming out of the gate.)

Who also sometimes win, but sometimes also lose, their races.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2019, 09:36 PM   #49
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckLuck View Post
It looked to me like Max was bumped at the start. Love the classiness of the connections to NOT object.

Anyway I see all of you are very pleased with yourselves and the outcome. Thats ok. Looked like a warm up race. See you people at the breeders cup.
Chart doesn't mention any bumping. Clearly, you are looking hard for something though.

GL in the Breeders Cup. Hope you can put all this behind you by then.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:41 PM   #50
PuckLuck
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Chart doesn't mention any bumping. Clearly, you are looking hard for something though.

GL in the Breeders Cup. Hope you can put all this behind you by then.
Max is working up to the cup - and horse of the year. So clearly the luck goes to everyone else here who are chirping today. Meanwhile I have a 5 year old and she can't wait to ride country house when it starts doing that circle ride from a post and rope. I can tell her "hey you are riding the horse that took 2nd in the derby you lucky dog!"
Old 06-16-2019, 09:44 PM   #51
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

HOY?
He won't be 3yo champ let alone HOY.

Comic Relief - is there category for that?
Old 06-16-2019, 09:48 PM   #52
PuckLuck
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
HOY?
He won't be 3yo champ let alone HOY.

Comic Relief - is there category for that?
time will tell my man. and there are plenty of races to prove max the best so don't close the door quite yet. i am confident of a derby winner that gets the rest and can now bring its best.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:20 PM   #53
clicknow

Quote:
Meanwhile I have a 5 year old and she can't wait to ride country house when it starts doing that circle ride from a post and rope. I can tell her "hey you are riding the horse that took 2nd in the derby you lucky dog!"
Guess there must be something wrong with me then, I studied the pedigrees, and actually picked Country House to win the derby. His is quite stellar, actually. I would have been pleased with 2nd though, even if Max had won. $56.50 for Place still would have paid well.

Class is class, sometimes horses get it from their breeding, sometimes, they are even blue collar, and get it from proving themselves on the racetrack. Some do both.

In either case, you'd be quite lucky to actually own one like that.... Get back to me when you understand how to breed a horse like Country House. Or Max. Or Code of Honor, et. al.

Cuz if you think they end up giving pony rides, you've obviously missed out on some pertienent studyin'.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-16-2019 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:53 PM   #54
theotherside

Maximum Security

A near undefeated Multiple grade one winner does not come back off a short rest into a $150,000 dollar non graded stake race,There is a problem.
theotherside is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 12:01 AM   #55
Wabash

Quote:
Max is working up to the cup - and horse of the year. So clearly the luck goes to everyone else here who are chirping today. Meanwhile I have a 5 year old and she can't wait to ride country house when it starts doing that circle ride from a post and rope. I can tell her "hey you are riding the horse that took 2nd in the derby you lucky dog!"
I laugh at the people who talk this way about Country House. You apparently must feel the same about the other 17 horses in the Derby too since he did beat them. He ran “2nd” from post 19 which is no easy task unless you have a little bit of talent. And you think he is only good enough for rides for the kids lol.

I’m new here and still learning who actually knows what they are talking about and who doesn’t. Thanks for making it obvious which category you fall into.
Wabash is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 06:22 AM   #56
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

3yo HOY - King for a Day!
1.18 on the exchange. Traded between 1.18 and 1.22 late in betting

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 07:02 AM   #57
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherside View Post
A near undefeated Multiple grade one winner does not come back off a short rest into a $150,000 dollar non graded stake race,There is a problem.
There’s a problem with both horses, this one and Country House. That’s why I think one or both will be the first to retire....... from the survey in the other thread.

Not that i think this is a bad come back race . But just the actions and voices of the connections and neither horse ran again after “ winning” the derby. Both raced great in the derby not to be seen again come Preakness time. Now there’s only one start since and the other horse hasn’t even run yet. Something’s not right.

Last edited by burnsy; 06-17-2019 at 07:11 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 08:55 AM   #58
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherside View Post
I don’t have a problem with returning there, at his home track, in an easy prep to move forward to bigger and better. The problem is that he lost.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 09:07 AM   #59
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2019, 10:08 AM   #60
delsully
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash View Post
I laugh at the people who talk this way about Country House. You apparently must feel the same about the other 17 horses in the Derby too since he did beat them. He ran “2nd” from post 19 which is no easy task unless you have a little bit of talent. And you think he is only good enough for rides for the kids lol.

I’m new here and still learning who actually knows what they are talking about and who doesn’t. Thanks for making it obvious which category you fall into.
There is a lot of idiocy on both sides of the Max/Country question, good luck weeding through that nonsense.

It’s kinda sad people haven’t moved on.

On a positive note, it won’t take long for you to discern who knows what they are talking about, as there are a lot of astute posters here. Welcome aboard!
delsully is offline   Reply With Quote Reply