Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-26-2019, 06:05 PM   #61
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper View Post
If you're referring overnight entries, they don't get into the system until around 4 to 5 pm eastern on Thursday as long as I can remember,. It's just 3:38 as write this, so although you could be right about an entry shortage, that's not the reason for Sunday's overnight entries not to be available at this moment.
Was going to say the same, but now 6:05 ET and still no entries that I can find.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2019, 06:48 PM   #62
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

I'm still unable to download (pdf format) Saturday's card from drf.com. Tells me that it's doing maintenance. I downloaded it this morning but it didn't have the post positions or the MLs.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2019, 06:52 PM   #63
GaryG
Unreconstructed

The pps and ML for Sat were not added until this afternoon about 3-4:00.
Old 12-26-2019, 07:39 PM   #64
the little guy

Gulfstream pps routinely come out around 5:30, or even later, East Coast time, so Santa Anita not being up at 4:30 West Coast time hardly seems alarming.

As far as the Final not coming out ( program numbers and MLs ) until this afternoon, that's also not late, especially given yesterday was Christmas. The NYRA "final" comes out around 1pm ET two days before raceday pretty much regularly.

It feels like some people are unfairly looking for issues in CA these days.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2019, 08:12 PM   #65
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
I'm still unable to download (pdf format) Saturday's card from drf.com. Tells me that it's doing maintenance. I downloaded it this morning but it didn't have the post positions or the MLs.
its working now
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2019, 10:14 AM   #66
ubercapper

To add to what Andy wrote, for California tracks, the final file is nearly always sent from the track for processing 24 hours out. There is an "intermediate" file which is often sent 48 hours out which contains m.l. odds but California tracks have always been an anomaly compared to the rest of the tracks in North America in terms of their final file, with most other tracks' final files available 48 to 120 hours out.

You can always check a track's early and final file publishing times on this calendarhttp://www.equibase.com/live.cfm

If you click on the Date link it will bring up a page with entry draw times and other information, for example for today http://www.equibase.com/liveday.cfm?...%3A00%3A00%2E0
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2019, 11:19 AM   #67
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper View Post
To add to what Andy wrote, for California tracks, the final file is nearly always sent from the track for processing 24 hours out. There is an "intermediate" file which is often sent 48 hours out which contains m.l. odds but California tracks have always been an anomaly compared to the rest of the tracks in North America in terms of their final file, with most other tracks' final files available 48 to 120 hours out.

You can always check a track's early and final file publishing times on this calendarhttp://www.equibase.com/live.cfm

If you click on the Date link it will bring up a page with entry draw times and other information, for example for today http://www.equibase.com/liveday.cfm?...%3A00%3A00%2E0
That is great info, thanks. As many times as I've used that calendar I didn't know that!
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2019, 12:29 PM   #68
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
YOU said NOTHING on national TV - and that is not true.
You are NOT qualified to tell lies. Just admit you were wrong for once - for God's sake, is it that important to you to appear to be a genius? We were specifically talking about BASEBALL, and that was why this was logical.

World Series games have been called on account of rain before. Some games have rain delays - on televised games.
Tom, were talking about horse racing, which the networks consider an irrelevant sport. What they do for important sports is not part of the discussion, and I was not referring to sports that people care about in my comment.

Andy misread the context of what I was saying.

Yes, I know that in baseball and other sports that lots more people watch, like golf, the networks SOMETIMES allow rainouts (not always- as I said, some baseball playoffs have been played in bad weather, especially when Bowie Kuhn was commissioner). You are pretending I didn't know that, when in fact I was not referring to what happens in major sports. Our sport isn't one, and we will do whatever network TV tells us to.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2019, 12:30 PM   #69
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Apparently you have never been wrong on this forum.
Not true. I admitted I was wrong about the government pressuring CBS not to say "Marlboro".
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2019, 12:44 PM   #70
the little guy

The gift that keeps on giving.
Old 12-27-2019, 01:51 PM   #71
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Tom, were talking about horse racing, which the networks consider an irrelevant sport. What they do for important sports is not part of the discussion, and I was not referring to sports that people care about in my comment.

Yes, I know that in baseball and other sports that lots more people watch, like golf, the networks SOMETIMES allow rainouts (not always- as I said, some baseball playoffs have been played in bad weather, especially when Bowie Kuhn was commissioner). You are pretending I didn't know that, when in fact I was not referring to what happens in major sports. Our sport isn't one, and we will do whatever network TV tells us to.
I only did a 20-second Google search, but the 2019 Breeders Cup Classic drew 2.08 million viewers, and the first 10 weeks of Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN in 2019 drew an average of 1.45 million viewers. I know rights fees between the two are vastly different, but comparing the TV network impact of a baseball rainout and a horse race rainout isn't as crazy as you make it out to be.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2019, 08:15 PM   #72
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post

I'm not the one pretending here.
We weren't even talking about TV here - I used MLB as an example of why calling for rain was not an unusual event.

YOU are the one who hijacked the discussion with your insane ego and delusions of grandeur.

What TV show were you associated with, My Mother the Car?

Your post, in it's entirety
Nothing on network TV ever gets postponed.

Last edited by Tom; 12-27-2019 at 08:19 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2019, 08:19 PM   #73
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
What TV show were you associated with, My Mother the Car?
Did you really have to drag poor My Mother the Car into this, Tom?
Old 12-27-2019, 08:36 PM   #74
airford1

Series game was cancelled because of an Earth Quake.

I'm sure the Olympics were postponed in Munich.

9/11, Kennedy Assassination and I'm sure there are a bunch more.

May need to rethink tat.
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2019, 11:30 PM   #75
horsefan2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by airford1 View Post

Series game was cancelled because of an Earth Quake.

I'm sure the Olympics were postponed in Munich.

9/11, Kennedy Assassination and I'm sure there are a bunch more.

May need to rethink tat.
Yep, sports get postponed all the time on network TV...
Think when NASCAR gets rained out on an oval track.
A football game when there is a blackout, tornado warnings, lightning strike, etc.
Baseball for the same reasons.
Golf for the same reasons as well.
The network doesn't have that much power over sports where they can force the event to run, it usually ends up with them moving the event over to another channel if that is what it has to come to.
horsefan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply