Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #4201
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
As it is written:

Rev 22:11a
11 Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile...
NIV
I wholeheartedly believe infinite beings don't get mad, revengeful and JEALOUS. Sounds like like one of your human flaws, creating god in your image.

Hey bunky, scripture is not a good away to understand and explain how a being who possesses Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnipresence is apparently revengeful, jealous and petulant

Last edited by hcap; 04-05-2020 at 01:19 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2020, 01:13 PM   #4202
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Seemed like an apt analogy.

Could not think of a less worthy idol to illustrate idolatry on both on earth and heaven.

Thinking of the divine literally is idolatry. Hope I made my point.
Which one: The one on top of your head, or the one that looks like a tail?
Old 04-05-2020, 01:39 PM   #4203
hcap

Quote:
Please respond to #4201.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:39 PM   #4204
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
This kind of question betrays your unmitigated arrogance, clearly implying that the West has a mortal lock on medicine.
Straw man! Arrogance has nothing to do with it. Results have everything to do with it. The medicine of "the West" is practiced world wide. Did the Chinese use acupuncture to defeat the Coronavirus? No! They used western medicine. Now they are giving us ventilators. Ventilators = Western medicine.

The fact is that no other model of medicine works. No other model gets results. And there is no implication that the West has a "mortal lock" since, as defined by M-W, the phrase means guaranteed success. Western medicine does not come with a guarantee of success but that's the way to bet.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:46 PM   #4205
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Ad hominem!

Drake's List of The Most Common Logical Fallacies
Quote:
Ad Hominem
This translates as “to the man” and refers to any attacks on the person advancing the argument, rather than on the validity of the evidence or logic. It’s is one thing to say that I don’t agree with you, but it’s another thing to say that I don’t like you, and you are wrong because I don't like you;
Old 04-05-2020, 02:48 PM   #4206
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
... scripture is not a good away to understand and explain how a being who possesses Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnipresence is apparently revengeful, jealous and petulant
Old 04-05-2020, 03:05 PM   #4207
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Straw man! Arrogance has nothing to do with it. Results have everything to do with it. The medicine of "the West" is practiced world wide. Did the Chinese use acupuncture to defeat the Coronavirus? No! They used western medicine. Now they are giving us ventilators. Ventilators = Western medicine.

The fact is that no other model of medicine works. No other model gets results. And there is no implication that the West has a "mortal lock" since, as defined by M-W, the phrase means guaranteed success. Western medicine does not come with a guarantee of success but that's the way to bet.
Fallacy of Composition. I think people get sick and die from more than one cause.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:07 PM   #4208
boxcar

Quote:
Ad hominem!

Drake's List of The Most Common Logical Fallacies
As is the Fallacy of Composition.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:08 PM   #4209
boxcar

Quote:
Please respond to #4201.
I don't see a question in that post. Are you hallucinating again?
Old 04-05-2020, 03:31 PM   #4210
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Fallacy of Composition. I think people get sick and die from more than one cause.
Red herring! Outright lie!

You do think people get sick from only one cause, viz., God is pissed at them. You said so (words to that effect) on this very thread (or one of its predecessors).
Old 04-05-2020, 03:59 PM   #4211
boxcar

Quote:
Red herring! Outright lie!

You do think people get sick from only one cause, viz., God is pissed at them. You said so (words to that effect) on this very thread (or one of its predecessors).
It's only a "red herring" or "outright lie" to the simple-minded who believe there is only one kind of cause.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:08 PM   #4212
hcap

Quote:
I don't see a question in that post. Are you hallucinating again?
Hey Mr Rbbit Hole Theologian, pay attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Hey bunky, scripture is not a good away to understand and explain how a being who possesses Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnipresence is apparently revengeful, jealous and petulant
Or why can't you address the problem of a revengeful, jealous god who simultaneously posses omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence and at the same time as those obvious HUMAN failings, using your own words? Not the bible's.

That is the ultimate philosophical dilemma your shallow one dimensional limited literal interpretation logically leads to.

AND THE ULTIMATE LITERAL BIBLICAL CONTRADICTION THAT HANGS AROUND YOUR NECK WITH EVERY FANATICAL WORD.

Nothing personal

Last edited by hcap; 04-05-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:16 PM   #4213
boxcar

Quote:
Hey Mr Rbbit Hole Theologian, pay attention.
I did the first time. You never asked a question.

Quote:
Or why can't you address the problem of a revengeful, jealous god who simultaneously posses omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence and at the same time as those obvious HUMAN failings, using your own words? Not the bible's.
Now your question is incoherent.

Quote:
That is the ultimate philosophical dilemma your shallow one dimensional limited literal interpretation logically leads to.
If there is a "dilemma" it's up in your cobweb-filled attic.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:13 PM   #4214
hcap

Quote:
I did the first time. You never asked a question.

Now your question is incoherent.

If there is a "dilemma" it's up in your cobweb-filled attic.
I did.
No, you are incoherent.
The dilemma is your entire so-called "interpretation" suffers fro boxcaritis.....

An all too human propensity to create a "god" in one's own image. What would a deity which stands so far above us, with the colossal unimaginable properties of omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence need with jealousy or revenge?

You, I and other humans might fall victim to those failings, but why a god?

can not equal 1

Last edited by hcap; 04-05-2020 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:27 PM   #4215
boxcar

Quote:
I did.
No, you are incoherent.
The dilemma is your entire so-called "interpretation" suffers fro boxcaritis.....

An all too human propensity to create a "god" in one's own image. What would a deity which stands so far above us, with the colossal unimaginable properties of omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence need with jealousy or revenge?

You, I and other humans might fall victim to those failings, but why a god?

can not equal 1
Why is jealousy necessarily a failing? Have you looked at the definition range for "jealousy"?

Do you love your wife? If she cheated on you with a much younger, handsome and intelligent stud, would you or would you not be jealous?