Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:50 AM   #46
headhawg
crusty old guy

Yes, it's available for those who want it. Doug is going to incorporate a similar version (8.6i) into the VB FAST version in his next update. I mentioned in post #28 that if users wanted my versions before Doug does so to send me a PM with their email address and I would send it directly. Follow the instructions in that post to get it to work. (The new file names will be different, obviously.)

BTW, Handifast now up to version 8.6.1 as I have Orkin'd that bug found in yesterday's SAR R12.

I still haven't heard from Handi, so let's keep him in our thoughts and prayers.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2009, 12:38 PM   #47
headhawg
crusty old guy

To those who have PM'd me I have sent out the new version. And you're all very welcome. I can't pick a good horse for ya, but I'll keep trying to help make Doug and Handi's program work a little better.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #48
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Hi Guys,

Well I crossed another finish line. After the test Thursday morning they admitted me to the hospital. My heart is in terrible shape. They said I'm lucky I hadn't dropped dead yet. Heart operates at less than 60% of what it should.

The Dr.'s put a pacemaker like device in my chest with two leads going into the walls of my bottom chambers. They will make the two chambers beat together now, which they weren't before. And there are two leads that go into the heart somewhere else....their function is solely to wait for me to have a heart attack and then shock me back to life. Or keeping me living if the heart attack is small enough.

Nice to know I don't have to count on being around someone with paddles when my heart fails. I'm carrying around my own little guy with the paddles in my chest. Science is so amazing. I'm really sore right now, but should be back coding by tomorrow.

I'll be back on the job soon.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #49
pat

Handi God Bless You
I hope and pray I can be as brave as you if I had that procedure.
I know you will beat this with the determination you have

Pat
pat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #50
STABLEMATE

Pace (maker) keeps you in the race!

Glad to hear that you got the procedure done in time, Handi. I hope it keeps doing the job it's supposed to do. But don't rush back into the coding. It'll wait - and we can wait. Get all the rest you need, while still keeping as physically active as it is prudent to do.
Hang in there1
Mike
STABLEMATE is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2009, 05:51 AM   #51
AAcoolguy

Handi

Glad to hear you're doing better, science really is wonderful. I say all the time that we are living in the future. So many things that were science fiction to us are now part of real life. Who ever thought strangers from all over the world could get together to work on a project and never actually be in the same room? You have many pulling for you, get well soon.
Richard.
AAcoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2009, 05:57 AM   #52
AAcoolguy

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg
Yes, it's available for those who want it. Doug is going to incorporate a similar version (8.6i) into the VB FAST version in his next update. I mentioned in post #28 that if users wanted my versions before Doug does so to send me a PM with their email address and I would send it directly. Follow the instructions in that post to get it to work. (The new file names will be different, obviously.)

BTW, Handifast now up to version 8.6.1 as I have Orkin'd that bug found in yesterday's SAR R12.

I still haven't heard from Handi, so let's keep him in our thoughts and prayers.
Every time I ask a question around here it could have been found if I read the entire thread. Thanks for the heads up Headhawg. I sent you a PM requesting the file.
AAcoolguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #53
REBel

Handi,

Don't go overboard with the coding. Your health is more important!!!

Hoping and praying your health improves big-time.
REBel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2009, 03:16 PM   #54
Wickel

OK. Still having problems downloading files. For your info, I'm doing this on Firefox. This is what I'm doing: Click choose a file button, click open handicapper's daily button, left click the tsn link. I didn't know where the file went and finally found it on my desktop as a zip file, I believe. What do I do now?
Wickel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2009, 04:53 PM   #55
csmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickel
OK. Still having problems downloading files. For your info, I'm doing this on Firefox. This is what I'm doing: Click choose a file button, click open handicapper's daily button, left click the tsn link. I didn't know where the file went and finally found it on my desktop as a zip file, I believe. What do I do now?

Unzip the file to C:\horse\data
Old 09-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #56
Wickel

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith
Unzip the file to C:\horse\data
Thanks, it worked. But when I download, why doesn't it go into "data" to begin with?
Wickel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2009, 06:10 PM   #57
headhawg
crusty old guy

I don't use FAST to download my files, but I am guessing that you get to chose the location of your downloaded files just like it would if you downloaded from TSN/Bris directly. It probably defaults to your desktop which is why you found it there. Just navigate to C:\horse\data when you are asked where to save. Keep in mind that you still have to unzip the file.

Last edited by headhawg; 09-07-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #58
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Ok while still a bit tired I can't just sit back and do nothing. So I have dipped into the wish list box and pulled out something to work on. There have been a couple of requests to eliminate the blue race selection box and just work off of main screen.

So I am working on that. Now my question to you is....main screen comes up after clicking launch program. On that main screen there is Track label with box to display the track you are playing once you select it. Then underneath there is a clickable button to go to next race with text box starting with a zero. Click the button and the scratch sheet shows up to do scratches. once those are done then the summary comes up on main screen. you want to go to next race then just click the button and it takes you to next race without leaving main screen. Now the question.

Is there a need to go backward and click down through the races you have already done?

Thanks for input.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #59
headhawg
crusty old guy

In addition to Handi's question, does anybody use the last two columns of info at all -- WK and RK? I have been thinking about substituting a couple of other numbers for those so as not make the summary screen too wide. The numbers I was thinking about using were modified versions of Dick Mitchell's Class Consistency rating and Power rating found in his book Winning Thoroughbred Strategies. I've actually toyed around with the CC rating and modified the FAST score with it. It actually improves it a little (looking at a small test sample), but probably not enough to justify changing the FAST fig from what it is now.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:58 AM   #60
REBel

Handi,

I think going to the previous race is beneficial. If a horses scratches late, you could quickly go back to the scratch screen and remove the late scratch immediately.

Headhawg,

Personally, I don't use the last two columns. I still look at the bris past performances to determine if a workout is meaningful--dirt, mud, sloppy, dogs, et cetera.
REBel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: