Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 03-10-2023, 11:55 AM   #1
Teach

Freehold Raceway: Friday, March 10

Race One: In this opening trot, I’ve landed on #2 DOUBLE DEALING. This SJ’s Caviar-bred was closing with a rush in her last; she simply ran out of real estate. “The Mainer,” Steve Smith, is back in the sulky for Karen Garland. This 6-year-old bay has a good starting post. “Smitty” should be able to get this trotting lass in gear as the field reaches the top of the stretch. Others: #’s 6, 1, 3, 8.

Race Two: In the second half of the early double, I’m picking #3 CANDELL. This Bettor’s Delight-bred pacer draws inside; that should enhance his chances of gracing Freehold’s winner’s circle. This 9-year-old bay has the chauffeuring services of one of the finest drivers in the Freehold colony: Jim Marohn Jr. This horse's trainer is the most capable Edwin Quevedo. Others: #’s 1, 2, 4, 7.

Race Three: I’ve selected #3 CINCO SENORITA. This 5-year-old Pet Rock-bred mare appears to be rounding into form. This Marianna Monaco-trainee (Monaco, in addition to being a fine trainer, is also an excellent golfer; she honed her skills as a “Gamecock" in South Carolina; maybe, some day, she’ll rival Lydia Ko) had no chance from an outside post in a amateur event at The Meadowlands in her last. Austin “The Iceman” (a high school hockey star) Siegelman is in the bike. Others: #’s 4, 2, 7, 6.

Race Four: I’m going to wager "a bob or two" (British “speak") on #5 YOU BEDA ROCK. Yet, at the outset, I will say, “Caveat Emptor.” This well-bred brown mare has gone off “chalk” in her last three, only to come up short. Is this fourth time a charm? As my old BU professor used to say, “You pay your nickel and you take your chance.” Vinny Ginsburg from the Ginsburg-Fusco famiglia is in the bike; he also trains. Others: #’s 4, 6, 3, 1.

Race Five: My pick in the 5th is the “rail horse,” or should I say, “pylons," #1 TOTALLY RIGGED. This Riggins-bred (Was the horse named for John Riggins, the former Washington Commanders (Redskins) running back?). This entrant had recent-decent qualifier at The Meadowlands; he came the final panel in :27.4; yet they did crawl through the first portion of that “Big M" race. Last year, as a 2-year- old, this bay filly did turn in some solid times at Hoosier Park. Juan Cano, a recent amateur race winner at The Meadowlands, trains. Jim Marohn Jr. is this 3-year-old’s pilot. Others: #'s 4, 5, 7, 3.

Race Six: EDEN PAIGE N gets my call. This 12-year-old New Zealand-bred mare appears to be rounding into form after competing in his first pari-mutuel race in many moons. If this veteran pacer is as ready as I believe she is, this lass can prevail. Tyler Miller, he’ll be wearing “The Orange Crush” silks, will be in the sulky for William Bena; he part-owns and trains. Others: #’s 3, 1, 4, 8.

Race Seven: I’ve landed on #5 SWEET TALKIN GYPSY. Thomas Lail trains. Eric Abbatiello, “EA, He’s in the Game,” reprises the driving assignment. My choice, this Tellitlikeitis 6-year-old bay mare just missed in this company in her last. Any slight Improvement… Others: #’s 1, 6, 2, 3.

Race Eight: #5 PARODY. He’s listed. Is he driving? The scion of “The Orange Crush” Stables, Andy Miller. Miller would add so much to this horse’s chances of getting his picture taken. Admittedly, this 5-year-old has been facing lesser foes, but with Andy Ray in the bike… Laurie Molnar trains. Finally, I must admit that I’m planning on “buying insurance.” Others: #’s 7, 3, 1, 2

Race Nine: #3 STONE COLD SAVAGE gets my call. This 4-year-old bay has been installed as the M/L 6/5 favorite. I like this pacer’s chances; yet, frankly, 6/5-odds seems to be a bit low. Troy Beyer’s in the bike; Tom DiCenzo trains. If you’re looking elsewhere as a ‘back up” or “insurance," you might consider #’s 1, 2, 4, 5.

Race Ten: In the finale, I’ve selected #4 TANYA’s JOY. This 4-year-old has faced better. She may have needed her last start as “a tightener.” She has the the driving services of the veteran reinsman, Eric Abbatiello. Her trainer is the most capable Katricia Adams. Others: #’s 3, 5, 6, 7.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply