Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 05-24-2020, 06:21 AM   #1
OverlayHunter

AmWager File Upload

When wagers are placed in the "Queue" and never "touched" again (not manually sent), do they expire without actually be sent in as a wager or do they automatically get sent in as a wager at some point in time?

https://www.amwager.com/how-to/wager...ics/pool-types is referenced on the File Upload page found at https://www.amwager.com/file-upload-wagering but it appears to no longer exist. Are the codes like "PLC", "SPR", and "PK3" on the following page the pool-types that should be used in the csv upload file? https://www.amwager.com/how-to-place-your-first-bet
OverlayHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2020, 10:20 AM   #2
Gorrex

If you queue wagers without a condition attached they will expire when the race posts.

If you queue wagers with a condition they will be bet the first time all conditions are true or expire at post.

Yes, those are the proper pool codes to use.

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2020, 10:55 AM   #3
OverlayHunter

Thank you for the prompt reply.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:21 PM   #4
OverlayHunter

CSV files are commonly exported from databases with the field names as the first row and with the actual data starting in the second row of the file. Can the uploaded files have field names in the first row or do the field names have to be eliminated?

Thank you for your assistance.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:44 PM   #5
OverlayHunter

I had sent an email to AmWager and got a very prompt reply. The answer is that you can include the field names but you will get an error message for that row but the rest of the file will upload correctly.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:45 PM   #6
FocusWiz

Conditional Wagering

I think it was about 5 years ago that I figured out how to upload files with the help of some emailed corrections to the no longer available PDF files of instructions. However, you may recall that I asked for something else.

Conditions are generally specified as:
Code:
MTP|WIN|ODDS,5|1|>20;<40
which basically says that the wager passes if at 5 minutes to post the is at odds roughly between 19/1 and 39/1.

The horse used for this condition does not have to be the wagering horse, so we could bet the if the is between those odds.

You may recall that I had asked for a way to include two conditions on different horses, for example bet the if the is better than even money and the is going to pay off better than 5/1. In other words, maybe with something like this:
Code:
MTP|WIN|ODDS,0|1|>2,MTP|WIN|ODDS,0|2|>6
As I recall it was not available at the time (and the syntax above is obviously not right).

According to the notes for 1.0.7:
Quote:
As requested, users may now specify up to 2 odds/payout conditions per wager. This allows for wagers to be placed when current odds are within a certain range or other complex patterns. If needed this limit can be increased.
I have two questions:
  1. Would this give me the capability I am looking for?
  2. If so, how would I code this in an uploaded wager?
Thank you for your consistently fine product.
FocusWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2020, 09:19 AM   #7
Gorrex

Sorry for the late reply.

Currently, you cannot do multiple conditions on one wager in the file upload. Only through the UI.

I will add it to our backlog though.

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply