Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 03-17-2023, 01:30 AM   #31
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
Ranch, you posted on Facebook that you can't post future races because Bris might not like it. I don't buy it. Your prm has so many factors that prob point to the winner, but would they be used before the race? That's why posting past races not much help in my humble opinion.
Others might think different.
The program has dozens of screens of data. My objective is to be transparent in showing what is available for users to handicap from their preferred style. Which factors are used before the race is up to the user. If i could point you to a path to every winner, they'd all go off at 1/9. Instead, I try to help people to find the frequent winners and the rare longshots. Every race is a new puzzle. If you can point me to the useful factors before the race, I am all ears. I have a good path, not a guaranteed path.

Last edited by ranchwest; 03-17-2023 at 01:33 AM.
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2023, 02:34 AM   #32
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

I think you haven’t done a great job showing what your software can do! your ad sounds great, but your screen shots leave a lot to be desired! Why you didn’t have a website or have a clear video showing the things the software can do on your facebook page is beyond me! You can’t expect for guys to pay your asking price without showing the info! You may have been better off sending it to RPM and letting them do the marketing, screen shots and video! If I'm going to sell my software and I do have one! I'm going to do a detailed video on how it works, how I use it and show races that I have bet and won using it! Idk if your program works or not, but you haven’t shown anything that's saying it does!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2023, 03:43 AM   #33
acorn54

ranchwest has provided his odds line for gpx today (friday). lets see how it does in predicting the races/odds of his selections. the proof is in the pudding.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2023, 04:07 AM   #34
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
I think you haven’t done a great job showing what your software can do! your ad sounds great, but your screen shots leave a lot to be desired! Why you didn’t have a website or have a clear video showing the things the software can do on your facebook page is beyond me! You can’t expect for guys to pay your asking price without showing the info! You may have been better off sending it to RPM and letting them do the marketing, screen shots and video! If I'm going to sell my software and I do have one! I'm going to do a detailed video on how it works, how I use it and show races that I have bet and won using it! Idk if your program works or not, but you haven’t shown anything that's saying it does!
Thanks for your input.

I am providing support, adding requested enhancements, adding new features and answering the questions of many people.

Providing a website and a video will certainly be to my advantage. But I won't release junk. Quality work takes time.
Old 03-17-2023, 11:16 AM   #35
ranchwest

Here are the Quick Grid odds for Gulfstream, 3/17/23 after early scratches:

1)
#9 3.7
#7 3.8

2)
#1 1.9
#2 3.8

3)
#6 2.0
#5 4.0

4)
#8 2.4
#7 3.4

5)
#2 1.7
#4 2.6

6)
#3 2.5
#6 3.3

7)
#7 2.3
#4 3.0

8)
#5 2.2
#8 3.0

9)
#5 1.4
#4 4.4
Old 03-17-2023, 02:09 PM   #36
lefty359

What I meant was: You have to choose the factors you want to use before the race. I've been around a long time and I have seen many people cherry pick the factors after the race. As Pizzolla says, we're all geniuses after the race. And I know there are no guarantees. I do wish you luck in selling and playing your prgm and I mean it.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2023, 02:29 PM   #37
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
What I meant was: You have to choose the factors you want to use before the race. I've been around a long time and I have seen many people cherry pick the factors after the race. As Pizzolla says, we're all geniuses after the race. And I know there are no guarantees. I do wish you luck in selling and playing your prgm and I mean it.
Thanks.

I think if you will look at the screenshots I have posted, I have not cherry picked. I am far more likely to post a full field so everyone can see a wider variety of data.

I did red board the Gotham because I think it is helpful to know what a chaos race looks like.
Old 03-17-2023, 05:39 PM   #38
ranchwest

1)
#9 3.7 @ 16.2/1, 2nd early, faded
#7 3.8 finished 2nd @ 4/1, pd 3.40 3.00
maiden race was won by even money favorite, 3rd favorite on odds line

2)
#1 1.9 finished 3rd @1/1, pd 2.40
#2 3.8 bumped at start, moved up, faded to last @3.5/1
maiden race won by firster @2.6/1, 5th favorite on odds line
3)
#6 2.0 won @2/1
#5 4.0 first at top of stretch @6.4/1, faded to 5th

4)
#8 2.4 2nd @3.7/1
#7 3.4 won @.7/1

5)
#2 1.7 won by 8 @.5/1
#4 2.6 1st at half @10.8/1, faded to last

6)
#3 2.5 second @2.1/1
#6 3.3 3rd @4.6/1
maidens, won by 5th favorite on odds line, @2.4/1
7)
#7 2.3 second @2.1/1
#4 3.0 won @2.4/1

8)
#5 2.2 third @2.6/1, 1st at stretch, faded
#8 3.0 won @1.7/1

9)
#5 1.4 3rd @4/5
#4 4.4 out @5/1
Old 03-18-2023, 12:03 AM   #39
ranchwest

I think the GP odds line and results for today fairly represent the odds line. As with all odds lines, it is not a selection tool. It is designed to provide a reasonable expectation of where value might exist.

There is no substitute for skillful handicapping, beginning with the anticipated pace of the race... pace makes the race.
Old 03-18-2023, 12:56 PM   #40
rosenowsr

Not bad results from your selections, if you would have not bet the races that had incomplete information(maiden and msw) you would have shown a nice profit.
rosenowsr is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2023, 02:34 PM   #41
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenowsr View Post
Not bad results from your selections, if you would have not bet the races that had incomplete information(maiden and msw) you would have shown a nice profit.
That is not the proper way to use an odds line. If horses listed are just "selections" they would not need an odds line; they could just be ranked. That is what a previous vendor did. He used a point system to show his selections but there was no rhyme or reason to the points. He used to take credit for a "win" even if the 3rd choice was 100+ points lower than the top pick. Ridiculous.

At least ranchwest did what acorn54 requested, which is a plus. Each potential buyer needs to decide if the software's odds line is accurate enough to be useful.
Old 03-18-2023, 03:27 PM   #42
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
That is not the proper way to use an odds line. If horses listed are just "selections" they would not need an odds line; they could just be ranked. That is what a previous vendor did. He used a point system to show his selections but there was no rhyme or reason to the points. He used to take credit for a "win" even if the 3rd choice was 100+ points lower than the top pick. Ridiculous.

At least ranchwest did what acorn54 requested, which is a plus. Each potential buyer needs to decide if the software's odds line is accurate enough to be useful.
Thanks, good observations.

I do not claim that the program is in any way a selection program. The odds line is derived from the factors included in the program that I have found to be strong. That does not in any way eliminate the need to handicap the races.
Old 03-29-2023, 09:25 PM   #43
ranchwest

Just a reminder that Friday is the last day to take advantage of the March introductory sale price of $159.

And, here's a heads up that a new release is about to pop. Details soon! Many will find this to be very exciting news.
Old 03-31-2023, 12:44 AM   #44
acorn54

posting your odds line for the upcoming road to the derby races on the week end would imo be a good promotion for the utility of your program.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2023, 09:30 AM   #45
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54 View Post
posting your odds line for the upcoming road to the derby races on the week end would imo be a good promotion for the utility of your program.
I did that for the entire card that you selected.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: