Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-20-2021, 10:45 PM   #241
OzYank

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
The results from a check of December WINNING HABIT spot plays @ TUP:

G'day Mate - I tried sending you an email about getting a copy of that ROI calculator but it keeps kicking back. Did you receive it at all? Anyhoo.....am loving speed demons am finding plays I wouldn't have considered before.
Old 12-21-2021, 06:53 PM   #242
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Hopefully you have that calculator now, Simon.

Meanwhile, at Parx today...EASY MONEY went 0 for 3, but the WINNING HABIT spot nailed another:

Been preaching to anyone that will listen--about my WORST RACE LAST trainer tipoff. Sooooooo...completely missed a perfect WRL play today @ Parx

Old 12-21-2021, 07:20 PM   #243
OzYank

Sigh no I didn't - I am going to send you a private msg with 4 different email addresses. Surely 1 of them will work. If it doesn't then the issue is with your email provider.

Simon
Old 12-21-2021, 08:04 PM   #244
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzYank View Post
Sigh no I didn't - I am going to send you a private msg with 4 different email addresses. Surely 1 of them will work. If it doesn't then the issue is with your email provider.

Simon
Here's the link, Simon...you or anyone else that wants the calculator--help yourself

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h1xv8...or2.6.zip/file
Old 12-21-2021, 08:47 PM   #245
OzYank

Thanks mate - got it, much appreciated !!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-21-2021, 09:04 PM   #246
green80

how are you posting copies of your ROI calculator, when I use the snipping tool it comes out too big to post.
Old 12-21-2021, 11:12 PM   #247
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80 View Post
how are you posting copies of your ROI calculator, when I use the snipping tool it comes out too big to post.
If using Windows you have the PAINT program already installed. Right-click on the snip and scroll down to "open with"...Paint should be on that list. Open with Paint, and simply click "resize".

You can always undo anything you did, so try resizing 70% or so. Still too large?..."Undo" that last move and set to 50%, etc...til it looks okay. Almost every graphic posted on PA by myself, was made with Paint. None of the bells and whistles of Corel or Adobe, etc...but it gets the job done. You can use https://postimages.org/

Good luck Mike

-NCG
Old 12-22-2021, 01:43 PM   #248
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Longshots with a chance today:

PARX

3RD MY TRAIN 12-1
6TH LIL TATER 8-1
8TH JUSTIN TIME 12-1
9TH OUT OF LINE 15-1

TAMPA

6TH MISTA DONZELLA 12-1

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 12-22-2021 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-22-2021, 11:50 PM   #249
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Some viewers are probably getting a little tired of me posting my bet slips and wins, so I decided to go with the POPS program tomorrow.

But first:

Now...the Tips software comes with Jon Worth's PLACE TO WIN program built-in. There is nothing for the user to do--it lists the PLACE-TO-WIN selections (if any) as you go through the day's card for any "Tips". I've never really checked or tested this Place program, but have noticed it seems to WIN often. At least often enough to be noticeable.

Here's GPX and TAMPA tomorrow...with the TIPS selections-and the PLACE-TO-WIN picks as well. Since it's currently the day before, I don't have scratches:

Old 12-23-2021, 04:53 PM   #250
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Not much interest in racing around here, lately. Must be the holidays, and family life slowing the PA forum.

One of my favorite tunes is the Harry Chapin song "Taxi". A while back I noticed a horse named "16 PARKSIDE LANE", which I instantly recognized as the address given to the taxi driver in the song.
Anyhoo...just today I see a horse entered at Turf Paradise named "HARRYKEEPTHECHANGE"...another line from the same song.

There must be plenty of horses named after songs, or lines in a song--can't think of any at the moment. BTW, there is no such address in San Francisco...but there is one in Brooklyn, near where Harry went to High School. (I googled it)

I'll go check and see how "Harry" did at TUP today.

Enjoy your Christmas

-NCG
Old 12-23-2021, 07:52 PM   #251
HPFridays

Nice results today at GPX and Tampa for the Place to Win and Tips programs you have, Greg. Have you had those programs a long time? Do you remember where you purchased them from? I think I might have the Place to Win program laying around somewhere, but not sure where. I probably got it off Ebay.

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Greg. Thanks for your posts, hard work, and great programs you share with us.

Old 12-24-2021, 07:20 AM   #252
Ghostrider5

Tips Program question?

Which version of the tips program are you using? And are using the default settings? I know there is a version in which you can modify tips if you want. Could be wrong. Long time since I looked at the program.

Ghostrider5
Old 12-25-2021, 09:53 AM   #253
upthecreek

This is version 6 On the lower right hand side , you can update the glossary, (change point values) It also has the PTW horse

Attached Images
File Type: png tips.PNG (94.1 KB, 90 views)
Old 12-27-2021, 11:46 AM   #254
TJC

I am looking for some assistance in getting Speed Demons to display on my laptop without cutting off the last few right side columns. I have tried numerous adjustments with no success and am asking if anyone with this program can tell me what settings they are using to display it properly. I am using Windows 10 on a 14 inch laptop and have already asked Greg about this problem.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

TJC
Old 12-27-2021, 12:47 PM   #255
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC View Post
I am looking for some assistance in getting Speed Demons to display on my laptop without cutting off the last few right side columns. I have tried numerous adjustments with no success and am asking if anyone with this program can tell me what settings they are using to display it properly. I am using Windows 10 on a 14 inch laptop and have already asked Greg about this problem.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

TJC

Have you tried changing your display settings? Lower it to something like 600x800 and see what it looks like.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: