Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 05-08-2020, 10:46 PM   #1
JacobFD

Half decent ADW?

Is there a single ADW worth anything in the United States? Every single one of them is trash. I’ve been through the the “Top 4” with just miserable experience after miserable experience. For the love of all that’s holy, who doesn’t completely rake their customers?
JacobFD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2020, 12:57 AM   #2
lamboguy

i have had nothing but good experiences with ADW's. i can have money in my account, bet a race, win and i can use the money on my next bet. their platforms go down once or twice a year, so i fund a few accounts just to stay live in case one goes down.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2020, 01:47 AM   #3
Ted Craven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFD View Post
Is there a single ADW worth anything in the United States? Every single one of them is trash. I’ve been through the the “Top 4” with just miserable experience after miserable experience. For the love of all that’s holy, who doesn’t completely rake their customers?
AmWager.

Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2020, 10:41 AM   #4
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Over the years, I've had limited experience with ADWs because I live in Nevada.

I've only used AmWager and Philly Phone Bet.

Both of those organizations have been 100% top notch.

I can certainly understand that the experience with the big boys could be vastly different (and probably is).

All that being said, I'd love to hear the reason behind your outrage.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2020, 01:32 PM   #5
thaskalos

I am a Twinspires member...and there are 3 main reasons for my unhappiness with them.

1) They are not consistent in their track condition designations. They sometimes list a track as Fast/Firm...even though the track is sloppy and the races are off the grass. And this mislabeling lasts throughout the racing day. Is there anything more aggravating than betting serious money on a race shown to be on the turf...only to discover too late that the race had been moved off the turf without the ADW ever reporting the change? I tried voicing my frustration about this to a Twinspires representative...who apologeticly told me to double-check this myself by using the track video.

2) The minutes-to-post timer is inexact. The timer sometimes shows 1 minute to post, even though the race has already gone off. Why are the whales betting at the last second...while I keep getting shut out because I am forced to use an inaccurate ADW timer? I complained about this too...and was again told that this would cause no real problems for me if I double-checked the race time with the track video.

3) If I am on Twinspires for longer than 4 hours...their system shuts me off and I have to go back and log on to the site all over again. This wouldn't bother me if they notified me that I had being kicked off the site...but they don't notify you. You only find out that you've been kicked off the site when you try to place your bet. And, as you scramble to log on again...the race goes off before your wagers are placed. When I informed Twinspires of this, they apologized and told me that this was a mistake of theirs that they would fix as soon as possible. This was over 6 months ago.

With many races going on at the same time, the horseplayer needs quick and accurate information that he can rely on...because there is little time left to double-check everything with the track video. And Twinspires gets a failing grade from me in this regard. I wish AmWager were an alternative option for me...but they are not.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:45 PM   #6
spang99

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post

3) If I am on Twinspires for longer than 4 hours...their system shuts me off and I have to go back and log on to the site all over again.
Exactly correct. This drives me friggin nuts.

I could understand being timed out if I had not been active for a few hours but that is not the case with these clowns. It almost seems random at times. They'll just boot you while you are in the middle of playing an entire card at a track. Nothing more maddening when you are trying to get in a late punch.

Twinspires Blows

Last edited by spang99; 05-09-2020 at 08:46 PM.
spang99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2020, 09:06 PM   #7
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Can't say enough good things about AmWager. From software, both for technical and non-technical folks, rebates, customer support, innovation, they're far ahead of any other ADW I've dealt with. If you're able to, I'd strongly suggest giving them a look.
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2020, 09:30 PM   #8
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
Can't say enough good things about AmWager. From software, both for technical and non-technical folks, rebates, customer support, innovation, they're far ahead of any other ADW I've dealt with. If you're able to, I'd strongly suggest giving them a look.
The last time I checked out AmWager...they were disallowing more U.S. states than they were allowing.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:55 PM   #9
arw629
First Time Gelding

Anyone use offshore sites?
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2020, 11:09 AM   #10
HHE10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw629 View Post
Only a few times where there is a big race or something and one of the sites offers a prop for that race.
HHE10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2020, 01:25 PM   #11
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw629 View Post

Be very careful with you choice of offshore sites, it's difficult to collect from some of them. Also others will limit you or cut you off for winning what they consider too often. Some also limit payouts .
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2020, 01:29 PM   #12
green80

Quote:

I use amwager and BetPTC, no complaints. Amwager gives me better rebates, BetPTC carries more tracks.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:23 PM   #13
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80 View Post
I use amwager and BetPTC, no complaints. Amwager gives me better rebates, BetPTC carries more tracks.
Which tracks DOES'T AmWager carry?
Old 05-10-2020, 04:36 PM   #14
HHE10
BANNED

Quote:
probably some of the really smaller tracks that don't really have a proper betting service at the track. Or a track that is in the middle of nowhere
HHE10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2020, 05:52 PM   #15
green80

Quote:

churchill, fairgrounds, oaklawn, la downs, to name few. They don't carry any of the chruchill downs owned tracks

Tags
adw, company, new customers, wager

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: