Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:56 AM   #13951
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Go stroke your ego by basking in his love.
That is impossible. You cannot be in the presence of God unless you leave your ego out of it.

Quote:
Oh...but one other thing before I take my leave of you -- You must love Him first and foremost.
You talk as if you are separated from God. Separation with the supreme one will never bring peace and satisfaction. Your soul will stay restless until you become one.

Quote:
I liken you to a boob-tube addict who loves to passively bask in and lose himself in the sights and sounds of his TV.
The opposite is true. In order to listen to God, you must not only turn off the TV in your house, but the TV in your head.

Quote:
But biblical love is far, far more than passively basking in someone else's love.
Biblical love is TV love. Lots of words and make believe. So take your own advice and turn off your TV and be silent within. You might learn something.

Quote:
for your pride will only allow you to be the final authority in your life.
In the end all pride and ego will be destroyed. When you go inside, you must surrender your ego and pride. If you can't do that, you can't have a spiritual experience. When you have no spiritual experience, people like you parrot your words because you have nothing to say.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #13952
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Is Christianity the ultimate "bubble stock?"

Tulip-mania, only on a grander scale and over a much longer time.

Discuss among yourselves....

No. The Fed and its easy money bubble producing policies didn't coming into existence until much later.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #13953
hcap

You are ignoring the comment about "Tulip-mania"
Old 08-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #13954
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
That is impossible. You cannot be in the presence of God unless you leave your ego out of it.

You talk as if you are separated from God. Separation with the supreme one will never bring peace and satisfaction. Your soul will stay restless until you become one.

The opposite is true. In order to listen to God, you must not only turn off the TV in your house, but the TV in your head.

Biblical love is TV love. Lots of words and make believe. So take your own advice and turn off your TV and be silent within. You might learn something.

In the end all pride and ego will be destroyed. When you go inside, you must surrender your ego and pride. If you can't do that, you can't have a spiritual experience. When you have no spiritual experience, people like you parrot your words because you have nothing to say.
You still don't get it. You see, God concretely and historically demonstrated his love for mankind by sending his Son into the world to atone for the sins of all those would come to believe on Him and repent of their sins. Therefore, anyone who says that he has God's love abiding in him must also manifest that love in equally concrete ways -- first to God, then to the saints, then to our neighbor. You just don't play act the role of a spiritual, enlightened and holy person by hiding out in your prayer/meditation closet soaking up the rays of God's love. That is nothing more than religious drivel. But this exactly what you have been espousing with your phony and worldly religiosity. But true religion is this:

James 1:26-27
26If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man's religion is worthless. 27 This is pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father, to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.
NASB

God's love is pure and holy and, therefore, like God Himself hates all unrighteousness but always rejoices with the truth, and this true, biblical love is what will govern one's conduct in the world.

Jesus was the the most enlightened man who ever walked the earth and he never taught the heresy that everyone is divine because God is in everyone! Quite the contrary. Your heresy is Satanic at the core because it makes people believe they are one (equal) with God. And that is precisely what Satan believed when he fell. And this was how he tempted Eve in the Garden -- "you will be as God..." His sin was pride, as is everyone who does not want to submit to the authority of Christ. Your ego, my friend, is a raging one -- very active and alive and well. You have no concept whatsoever of what humility is. But Jesus did. You should learn from him!

Boxcar
Old 08-21-2014, 12:14 PM   #13955
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
You are ignoring the comment about "Tulip-mania"
For good reason, doubtlessly.

Boxcar
Old 08-21-2014, 02:05 PM   #13956
hcap

Quote:
For good reason, doubtlessly.

Boxcar
Curiously Tulipmania began only around 100 years after the Protestant Reformation. Both bubbles (not too many hedge tulips today) have burst-particularly your brand of literal "biblical" reformation.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:32 PM   #13957
classhandicapper

The truth about the Tulip Bubble.

It WAS a monetary phenomenon just like all the recent bubbles. You can start at the section Holland's Debased Currency.

http://mises.org/daily/2564

On a more serious note, I don't think Christianity was ever a bubble. As a value investor I'd be monitoring it for a buying opportunity going forward because it's depressed now. It's probably far from its ultimate bottom given the growing power of Hollywood and the left on our culture, but when economic and social chaos hits the US and Europe, I'm expecting a huge bull market in God and Christ as everyone sees the error of their ways.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 08-21-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:51 PM   #13958
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
The truth about the Tulip Bubble.

It WAS a monetary phenomenon just like all the recent bubbles. You can start at the section Holland's Debased Currency.

http://mises.org/daily/2564

On a more serious note, I don't think Christianity was ever a bubble. As a value investor I'd be monitoring it for a buying opportunity going forward because it's depressed now. It's probably far from its ultimate bottom given the growing power of Hollywood and the left on our culture, but when economic and social chaos hits the US and Europe, I'm expecting a huge bull market in God and Christ as everyone sees the error of their ways.
Using Boxcar as a primary indicator...I remain bearish on Christianity...for both short-term AND long-term.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:02 PM   #13959
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Using Boxcar as a primary indicator...I remain bearish on Christianity...for both short-term AND long-term.
I hope you interpret the PPs of horses a whole lot better than you have scripture. Everything is going according to God's plan, even the slaughter of thousands of Christians in the Middle East to which the world has turned a blind eye to the fulfillment of that prophecy!

Boxcar
Old 08-21-2014, 10:06 PM   #13960
thaskalos

Quote:
I hope you interpret the PPs of horses a whole lot better than you have scripture. Everything is going according to God's plan, even the slaughter of thousands of Christians in the Middle East to which the world has turned a blind eye to the fulfillment of that prophecy!

Boxcar
I do the best I can...considering that I can't count on getting any help from above...
Old 08-21-2014, 10:19 PM   #13961
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
I do the best I can...considering that I can't count on getting any help from above...
Well...there is always Hcap's allegorical method which you can apply to the PPs. I mean who in their right mind would take the PP lines literally!?

Boxcar
Old 08-22-2014, 12:13 AM   #13962
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Everything is going according to God's plan, even the slaughter of thousands of Christians in the Middle East ...
Exactly when and where have "thousands of Christians" been slaughtered?

Quote:
... to which the world has turned a blind eye to the fulfillment of that prophecy!

Boxcar
What prophecy? Chapter and verse?
Old 08-22-2014, 12:23 AM   #13963
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
Do you believe in DNA?
How is that question relevant to spiritual beings?

Boxcar
If we could identify the evil gene we can eliminate it. Then Adam's sin would no longer infect the rest of us.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:13 AM   #13964
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
Exactly when and where have "thousands of Christians" been slaughtered?
You don't know what has been going on in the Middle East? Seriously? Your head is buried that buried in the sand? Google it. Educate yourself. Later you'll thank me for helping you build your self-esteem. "Thousands of Christians persecuted Middle East".

Quote:
What prophecy? Chapter and verse?
Why do you want to know? You won't become a believer if I shared passages with you, will you?

Boxcar
Old 08-22-2014, 01:26 PM   #13965
Light
Veteran

Quote:
You just don't play act the role of a spiritual, enlightened and holy person by hiding out in your prayer/meditation closet soaking up the rays of God's love. That is nothing more than religious drivel. But this exactly what you have been espousing with your phony and worldly religiosity.
I am not the phony one, you are. You talk. I walk the talk.

Quote:
But true religion is this:

James 1:26-27
26[i]If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man's religion is worthless.
First I am NOT religious. Second I don't deceive my own heart. This applies to you who are religious and have shown that you deceive your own heart. Because you talk with your head, from a book, not from your heart.

Quote:
Jesus was the the most enlightened man who ever walked the earth and he never taught the heresy that everyone is divine because God is in everyone! Quite the contrary.
Actually Jesus did say God/the Divine is in everyone when he said "the kingdom of Heaven is within you". We've been down that road B4 and you conveniently deny it.

Quote:
Your heresy is Satanic at the core because it makes people believe they are one (equal) with God.
Another silly argument from you.Where do I say I am equal with God? Yeah, I created the universe etc.

You have a difficult time believing anything outside your box because it would disturb your belief system that you so desperately and rigidly hold on to. If Jesus actually came back and walked among us today it is clear you would be one of the first to deny him. Why? Because you have no flexibility. You are stuck in a story that happened 2000 years ago and you are trying to fit it into the present. That is like trying to fit a square plug in a round hole. God and Jesus did not stop their interaction with humans 2000 years ago. There are still many miracles happening today as a result of their power. You refuse to acknowledge what is from God today but is not written in the Bible. A major flaw.
Closed Thread