Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-29-2023, 07:28 PM   #61
tupper

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
peaceful rallys protecting the children? is that anti-abortion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tts1q9TgXxg
Yes. Waters should not have made those statements, and the House Minority Whip at the time (along with most democrats) disagreed with Waters.

... and, of course, she is not running to be president.
tupper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2023, 07:34 PM   #62
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupper View Post
Please point out where Schumer used bigoted rhetoric or incited violence.
I want to tell you Gorsuch. I want to you Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won't know what hit you ....

Say, is the new mayor of Chicago RACIST for telling bus drivers to not bring any more visitors to his sanctuary city from the southern border.

Last edited by davew; 12-29-2023 at 07:35 PM.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2023, 07:41 PM   #63
tupper

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
You're probably right. Trump should have referred to his opponents and anyone who voted for them as "deplorables".
Well, Clinton shouldn't have made that statement, but there is a significant difference in connotation between the use of "deplorables" and "vermin."

Deploring someone usually just leads to avoidance, which is more civil than using the term "vermin," which suggests "eradication."

Also, Trump has repeatedly used bigoted and scapegoating language, while Clinton said the more tame "deplorables" just once.

The world might have been different if Hitler referred to Jews and to his opponents as "deplorables" only in a single instance.
Old 12-29-2023, 07:42 PM   #64
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Not that it matters, but Trump did NOT make that distinction in his speech.

Furthermore, please point out how EXACTLY how "illegal" immigrants are "poisoning the blood of our country," and please differentiate them in that regard from "legal" immigrants.

Not trying to "fool" anyone -- just pointing out the flaws and blatant bigotry in MAGA reasoning (or the lack of reasoning thereof).

Wow! You have created an elaborate fantasy scenario about my past.

No, I have not tried to "grift" people years ago, and I am not now arguing that people who oppose illegal immigration are "Hitlers" or bigoted.

I am saying that when a politician refers to immigrants with phrases such as "poisoning the blood of our country" (and who also refers to his opponents with terms such as "vermin"), that politician is mirroring Hitler and others tyrants like him who slur/vilify scapegoats to manipulate followers. I will also add now that, after hearing Trumps bigoted statements, those people who continue to support and enable such a scapegoating politician are analogous to Hitler's supporters.
Nobody cares anymore.

Your boy is so bad, he's losing to Hitler Trump who's been indicted 76,201 times to date.

Better crank the rigging machine up to 11

Old 12-29-2023, 07:57 PM   #65
tupper

Quote:
I want to tell you Gorsuch. I want to you Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You won't know what hit you ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHGrzoS9AbE
Yes... and it the Supreme Court has come under increased scrutiny, and the tide has turned away from Republicans getting elected. Schumer obviously didn't mean that people would be storming the Supreme Court building nor physically attacking the justices, nor did anyone at that event take it that way.

Schumer even clarified in the sentence immediately following where your quote of him ended.

Schumer definitely did not use bigoted language and he obviously wasn't inciting violence.

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but there aren't a lot of frothing, violent, gun-toting Democrats, especially compared to the MAGA crowd.

Quote:
Say, is the new mayor of Chicago RACIST for telling bus drivers to not bring any more visitors to his sanctuary city from the southern border.
No. He is not racist -- racism denotes bigotry towards a particular race(s). Nor is he bigoted.

He is simply concerned for his citizens and for the immigrants. Using people as political pawns is reckless and dangerous.
Old 12-29-2023, 07:59 PM   #66
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Yes... and it the Supreme Court has come under increased scrutiny, and the tide has turned away from Republicans getting elected. Schumer obviously didn't mean that people would be storming the Supreme Court building nor physically attacking the justices, nor did anyone at that event take it that way.

Schumer even clarified in the sentence immediately following where your quote of him ended.
Yeah, and Trump said "protest peacefully" but you don't give a shit about that, nor do any of the people who think they can throw him off of ballots because, hey, he's an "insurrectionist" even though he actually said go protest peacefully. Funny.

You really don't see the shit show you've created based on nothing but mean tweets.

It's sad, really.

You've killed the United States of America

Bravo

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-29-2023 at 08:01 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2023, 08:01 PM   #67
xtb

Quote:
Well, Clinton shouldn't have made that statement, but there is a significant difference in connotation between the use of "deplorables" and "vermin."

Deploring someone usually just leads to avoidance, which is more civil than using the term "vermin," which suggests "eradication."

Also, Trump has repeatedly used bigoted and scapegoating language, while Clinton said the more tame "deplorables" just once.

The world might have been different if Hitler referred to Jews and to his opponents as "deplorables" only in a single instance.
I disagree. "Vermin" is obvious hyperbole, which Trump uses often to troll people like you. "Deplorable" is the term Hillary used to convey her feelings towards 1/4 of the voting population in our country.

Democrat congressman Dan Goldman did not merely suggest Trump be eliminated, he actually said Trump "has to be eliminated". Was that an oopsie too?
Old 12-29-2023, 08:06 PM   #68
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Imagine people being so TRIGGERED by one man, they are willing to kill an entire country over him...a country that has survived everything from World Wars to Great Depressions and everything in between.

Wow.
Old 12-29-2023, 08:07 PM   #69
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Wait...I'm sorry...my bad...the plan to kill the country has been in the works for DECADES...Trump Derangement Syndrome just accelerated the process...never mind.
Old 12-29-2023, 08:10 PM   #70
xtb

Quote:
Perhaps you haven't noticed, but there aren't a lot of frothing, violent, gun-toting Democrats, especially compared to the MAGA crowd.
You are either being disingenuous or lead a sheltered life. Look at any Democrat run city in this country and try to tell me the criminals are "MAGA".
Old 12-29-2023, 08:11 PM   #71
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

If he thinks we're frothing now...he ain't seen nothing yet
Old 12-29-2023, 08:12 PM   #72
tupper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Nobody cares anymore.
Well, certainly MAGA people don't care what Trump says or does. He's "Dear Leader" -- he can say/do no wrong!

By the way, I will take your refrain from arguing all of the previous points I made as your acquiescence on those points. So, Trump is bigoted and wants to be a dictator.

Quote:
Your boy is so bad, he's losing to Hitler Trump who's been indicted 76,201 times to date.
You're in a cult. A cult is obvious to everyone, except for those inside the cult.

There's no use arguing who's "losing" as the election is still a ways off, so don't be so sure.

Quote:
Better crank the rigging machine up to 11
The MAGA/Republican tendency for projection is fascinating. The only ones who have been caught attempting to rig and/or overthrow the last presidential election have been MAGA supporters and Republicans.
Old 12-29-2023, 08:13 PM   #73
tupper

Quote:
You're probably right. Trump should have referred to his opponents and anyone who voted for them as "deplorables".
Well, it would have been better, but he would have to made the reference just once.
Old 12-29-2023, 08:19 PM   #74
tupper

Quote:
Quote:
You are either being disingenuous or lead a sheltered life. Look at any Democrat run city in this country and try to tell me the criminals are "MAGA".
So, you really think that those who attend Democrat political events commit violent criminal acts?

Furthermore, there's crime in every big city. It doesn't matter whether it is "Democrat run" nor "Republican" run.
Old 12-29-2023, 08:31 PM   #75
tupper

Quote:
Yeah, and Trump said "protest peacefully" but you don't give a shit about that,
No. What I give a shit about is the fact that he lied to a huge, frothing mob and directed them to march to the capitol building, he also scapegoated Mike Pence to that mob, and he did nothing for hours to stop the violent mob after they stormed the capitol.

There is no doubt that he intended that outcome (or, likely, a worse outcome)

Quote:
nor do any of the people who think they can throw him off of ballots because, hey, he's an "insurrectionist" even though he actually said go protest peacefully. Funny.
For MAGA, a lot of their energy is directed to "rah, rah, my team!" Facts as reason don't matter.

Again, you are in a cult.

Quote:
It's sad, really. You've killed the United States of America
Oh, yeah. That's exactly what *I* have done... and the US is most definitely "dead." /s