Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-23-2023, 07:19 PM   #46
tupper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Politicians? Nah bro...I'm talking everyday normal people...not politicians...

Be scared, because you should be.

I've been saying for a while now that the backlash is gonna hurt for Dems...really bad.

Having ordinary Black democrats switch over to Republican in a city like Chicago is just the first salvo.
Okay. So you meant regular citizens -- not politicians.

What are the actual numbers to the situation you describe. My guess is that your point is yet another MAGA exaggeration.
tupper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2023, 07:26 PM   #47
tupper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I never thought Chicago could elect a dumber race card playing POS than Lightfoot
I always appreciate the typically nice, civil language from MAGA/Republicans when referencing their opponents. Republicans and MAGA don't have to resort to venomous name calling because their arguments are always so reasonable. /s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
How dumb is it to yell racist every time a black person is called out for screwing up?
We are primarily discussing Trump's bigotry rhetoric in this thread, which is supported by his MAGA followers.
Old 12-23-2023, 07:28 PM   #48
tupper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I often notice that Repubs or “non Dems” are always held to their words as if they are incitements to violence or literal.

Metaphors are non existent when a non Dem speaks.

Remember when Sarah Palin caught hell for the “target” graphics on the map of congressional districts that needed to be targeted by Repubs?

Double standards and duplicitous bullshit continues in the media.

Btw, ask the Europeans how multiculturalism is working out for them………
Don't understand your point.

Please link instances of Democrats using bigoted rhetoric and/or inciting violence.
Old 12-23-2023, 07:30 PM   #49
tupper

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
Actually, Melania is a US citizen.
... but, actually, Melania was an immigrant.
Old 12-23-2023, 07:35 PM   #50
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupper View Post

Please link instances of Democrats using bigoted rhetoric and/or inciting violence.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2023, 07:59 PM   #51
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
So what? I don't see a negative with this statistic (except for your bigoted insinuation). Now immigrants are familiar with traffic law and there is documentation on them. This is a positive development.

You "think," or do you actually know?

If you have a verifiable source for this statistic, please link it, because I have read that most immigrants are trying to get work permits, but the process is long and involved.

By the way, what is the MAGA position on immigrants seeking work permits?

It's great that the immigrants have shelter -- would you rather that they live on the streets?

However, what percentage of those numbers are just homeless US citizens? Please link the source of your statistics.

Well, if that is so, it's a good idea to keep them off of the streets and to educate them. Again, what percentage is just homeless US citizens? Please link your info sources.

Again, please link your information source.

Info source?

No. Not even metaphorically.

They might be using resources along with homeless US citizens, but they are not "poisoning the blood" of Americans in any sense.

Trump and MAGA is just bigoted, and that is all there is to it.

Furthermore, Trump is using such bigoted rhetoric in an attempt to become a dictator, just like all of the other autocrats he admires.

Friendly reminder -- most US citizens are descendants of immigrants.
This dude above lumps legal and illegal immigrants together by just calling them all "immigrants"

You're not fooling anyone.

You can continue to paint people who oppose ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION as "little Hitlers in training"...and it might have worked years ago...but more and more people these days are wise to your grift.

This gaslighting just doesn't quite pack the punch it used to...I suggest a new playbook going forward.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-23-2023 at 08:01 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2023, 08:04 PM   #52
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Okay. So you meant regular citizens -- not politicians.

What are the actual numbers to the situation you describe. My guess is that your point is yet another MAGA exaggeration.
Totally MAGA...you're right...

(video cued up to exclude advertisement during first minute)

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-23-2023 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-23-2023, 08:16 PM   #53
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Here is "yet another MAGA exaggeration..."

Things have gotten SO BAD since you voted for Biden in 2020, that you're now losing Black Democrats from Chicago to DONALD TRUMP...LMAO

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-23-2023 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-23-2023, 08:30 PM   #54
jimmyb

Quote:

Maxine Waters telling people to confront Trump cabinet members in public and draw a crowd telling them they're not welcome in public places qualifies.

Mad Max was not promoting peace and harmony.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2023, 09:08 PM   #55
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Maxine Waters telling people to confront Trump cabinet members in public and draw a crowd telling them they're not welcome in public places qualifies.

peaceful rallys protecting the children? is that anti-abortion?

davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2023, 06:37 PM   #56
tupper

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Please point out where Schumer used bigoted rhetoric or incited violence.
Old 12-29-2023, 07:01 PM   #57
tupper

Quote:
This dude above lumps legal and illegal immigrants together by just calling them all "immigrants"
Not that it matters, but Trump did NOT make that distinction in his speech.

Furthermore, please point out how EXACTLY how "illegal" immigrants are "poisoning the blood of our country," and please differentiate them in that regard from "legal" immigrants.

Quote:
You're not fooling anyone.
Not trying to "fool" anyone -- just pointing out the flaws and blatant bigotry in MAGA reasoning (or the lack of reasoning thereof).

Quote:
You can continue to paint people who oppose ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION as "little Hitlers in training"...and it might have worked years ago...but more and more people these days are wise to your grift.
Wow! You have created an elaborate fantasy scenario about my past.

No, I have not tried to "grift" people years ago, and I am not now arguing that people who oppose illegal immigration are "Hitlers" or bigoted.

I am saying that when a politician refers to immigrants with phrases such as "poisoning the blood of our country" (and who also refers to his opponents with terms such as "vermin"), that politician is mirroring Hitler and others tyrants like him who slur/vilify scapegoats to manipulate followers. I will also add now that, after hearing Trumps bigoted statements, those people who continue to support and enable such a scapegoating politician are analogous to Hitler's supporters.
Old 12-29-2023, 07:11 PM   #58
tupper

Quote:
Totally MAGA...you're right...

(video cued up to exclude advertisement during first minute)

https://youtu.be/8xlbOk5NJtE&t=60
Not sure if one of us has a reading comprehension problem, but if you review my post (which you quoted), I asked for FACTUAL statistics and numbers.

Furthermore, the video that you linked doesn't give any numbers and apparently cherry picks footage and one sound bite from a single event.

So, until someone can come up with the actual numbers, there is not much to discuss, and any statement on the facts is likely inaccurate or, in the case of MAGA arguments, an exaggeration.
Old 12-29-2023, 07:23 PM   #59
tupper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post

Agreed. That's definitely unacceptable for a public figure.

Now to clarify, Maxine Waters was encouraging direct confrontation (not good) which could cause violence, but she didn't use bigoted rhetoric.

On the other hand, Trump encourages confrontation and also uses bigoted, scapegoating rhetoric -- but he was a US president and he is now running to be US president. He is not qualified for the office.
Old 12-29-2023, 07:25 PM   #60
xtb

Quote:

I am saying that when a politician refers to immigrants with phrases such as "poisoning the blood of our country" (and who also refers to his opponents with terms such as "vermin"), that politician is mirroring Hitler and others tyrants like him who slur/vilify scapegoats to manipulate followers. I will also add now that, after hearing Trumps bigoted statements, those people who continue to support and enable such a scapegoating politician are analogous to Hitler's supporters.
You're probably right. Trump should have referred to his opponents and anyone who voted for them as "deplorables".