Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-28-2020, 09:16 PM   #16
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
That's great.

You want both guys to believe they are the best, and to prove it every chance they get

However, if a guy like Fitz is willing to tutor and support the draft pick, who they hope to be a long-time marketable franchise QB, it's a winning move.

That's what winners do. It can get contagious.

I haven't really watched a ton of this season. I know the Patriots are off of that division lead, and the Bills and Dolphins have capitalized pretty well to have nice years. I've noticed (without checking every team, or considering advanced stats or various metrics) that the Dolphins are one of the leading teams in fewest-points-allowed.

Do they have any chance as a playoff team?

Is Fitzpatrick signed into next year? There's a few teams who wouldn't mind having a QB controversy or flat out handing the reigns to a hot hand.
Fitz will be a unrestricted free agent next season, he is 38 so it would make sense for him to be backup. He was having a great season before being surprisingly replaced, was devastated but handled it like a professional.

New England is out of the playoffs for the first time in a very long time, as a Steeler fan that makes me smile. As for Miami they still are not guaranteed a playoff spot they need to do this to make it:

The Dolphins can't clinch in Week 16, but a victory in Week 17 over the Bills would do it, as would a loss by the Ravens, Browns or Colts.

If Miami makes it they would have a tough road and think one win would be the the ceiling depending upon how the remaining seeds play out.

Last edited by Cuffdaddy; 12-28-2020 at 09:24 PM.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2020, 10:57 PM   #17
ultracapper

The AFC playoffs should be awesome this year. KC is still the team to beat, and saying this about a 1 loss team may sound funny, but I believe they can be had. I think last year's team was better.

In the NFC, if it goes through Green Bay, I don't see how the Packers don't show up for the Super Bowl. That game last night against a very good Titans team shows what that home field advantage is all about. And Aaron Rodgers is just special, and that's a modest understatement.

The Dolphin's inexperience will hold them back, if they even make it. Tua is going to be a good one, but he's not ready for what's ahead, and like some one posted earlier, Fitz will throw in that stinker now and again. I can't see him going 3 or 4 games in a row without imploding at some point.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply