Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:34 PM   #27946
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
However, mocking another individual's religious beliefs is classless and tells us more about you than anything you may wish to post.
Wrong. Religious belief is without merit and those who practice it are classless and deserving of condemnation.
Old 12-09-2016, 04:56 PM   #27947
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey
So how does the perpetual motion entity that is G_d work....?

Just exactly HOW does He sustain all things....? What is the nature of His so-called power....? With invisible strings....? With the oxymoronic SPIRIT-FORMS.....? Again, your god is a complete ghost, a holy ghost.... How many angels can dance on the head of a pin...? Stuff like that....time to wake up from the dream of salvation....no one is coming to save you boxcar....not even some Jewish messiah....
I've said this before. You cannot teach a pig to sing, and if you try you will irritate both yourself and the pig. You also run the risk of irritating those who are spectating, assuming they can't look away. If you believe you can continue to browbeat boxcar by telling him his beliefs are foolish and actually expect to have an impact, you are as foolish as you think he is.

There is nothing you can say that will make boxcar or his Sancho Panza, Greyfox, shift their beliefs. Not only has boxcar convinced himself he is right, he sees the people on this site as the evil ones sent to test his faith. If anything, he only digs in more firmly.

Suppose you are right. Suppose boxcar dies and that's it. Game over. He'll never know and you'll never know. How can that be of any importance?

It's really time to move along. You know the definition of insanity. If you keep doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different result...
Old 12-09-2016, 05:27 PM   #27948
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
I've said this before. You cannot teach a pig to sing, and if you try you will irritate both yourself and the pig. You also run the risk of irritating those who are spectating, assuming they can't look away. If you believe you can continue to browbeat boxcar by telling him his beliefs are foolish and actually expect to have an impact, you are as foolish as you think he is.

There is nothing you can say that will make boxcar or his Sancho Panza, Greyfox, shift their beliefs. Not only has boxcar convinced himself he is right, he sees the people on this site as the evil ones sent to test his faith. If anything, he only digs in more firmly.

Suppose you are right. Suppose boxcar dies and that's it. Game over. He'll never know and you'll never know. How can that be of any importance?

It's really time to move along. You know the definition of insanity. If you keep doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different result...
Halv, I'm not trying to alter anyone's beliefs...if my statements cause others to further strengthen their own beliefs, then that is great for them....I'm merely stating my own for my own edification....my writings strengthens my own beliefs and if others can be so opinionated as to offer the world their saving graces and magical systems, I might as well throw my own on the heap of historical buffoonery as well....I might as well participate in the grand adventure of egoism myself...why should god and his cherished devotees get all the attention....I might as well wrap myself in a burka of my own choosing....and prattle on about nonsense as well...it is really quite satisfying to know that I am always right about everything....
Old 12-09-2016, 05:47 PM   #27949
boxcar

Quote:
Halv, I'm not trying to alter anyone's beliefs...if my statements cause others to further strengthen their own beliefs, then that is great for them....I'm merely stating my own for my own edification....my writings strengthens my own beliefs and if others can be so opinionated as to offer the world their saving graces and magical systems, I might as well throw my own on the heap of historical buffoonery as well....I might as well participate in the grand adventure of egoism myself...why should god and his cherished devotees get all the attention....I might as well wrap myself in a burka of my own choosing....and prattle on about nonsense as well...it is really quite satisfying to know that I am always right about everything....
(emphasis mine)

Yes, indeed, including your persistence in putting your ignorance of reality on full display for all to see. Don't think it has escaped any thinking person's attention here that you have to date failed to present any coherent, cogent, cohesive argument defending your worldview (whatever that may be!) nor in refuting my worldview. You truly are the naked emperor, yet so pathetically self-deceived you cannot see it.
Old 12-09-2016, 05:52 PM   #27950
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
Awaiting for 2000 years?

Good. Keep your hopes up.
Why not? God waited about thousands of years before sending his Son the first time in the fullness of time! But not to worry! The Jewish Messiah is going to throw a huge surprise party for all mankind that will scare all the unprepared mockers to death!
Old 12-09-2016, 06:07 PM   #27951
boxcar

Quote:
I'm not mocking boxcar or anybody else, greyfox...this thread is about the life of the mind and truth....I'm pointing to the untenability of the Christian fantasy....it doesn't tell you anything about me....there's nothing to tell there, nothing unsavory....mocking is not my style...I'm interested in knowing truth....I perceive Christianity to be a huge deception and disservice to the life of the mind....away with your prognosis of sin....the claims of your religion are false...
Truth!? What acquaintance have you ever had with truth? I can boast of truth because Christ is the Truth and I'm in Christ, thanks for the grace of God.

At some point in the foreseeable future I will prove the existence of the monotheistic God, having all the attributes the bible claims for him, by appealing strictly to metaphysical truths (from Scholastic Realism). These truths no one will be able to refute because the premises are true and the conclusion that will follow is necessarily true. Logically, there can be no other conclusion. For example, polytheism or pantheism cannot be true -- cannot be alternatives because neither flows logically from the premises.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:36 PM   #27952
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing

There is nothing you can say that will make boxcar or his Sancho Panza, Greyfox, shift their beliefs..
An ignorant man who knows nothing of my beliefs or lack of them has spoken, once again resorting to the childish ploy of labeling.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:03 PM   #27953
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Truth!? What acquaintance have you ever had with truth? I can boast of truth because Christ is the Truth and I'm in Christ, thanks for the grace of God.

At some point in the foreseeable future I will prove the existence of the monotheistic God, having all the attributes the bible claims for him, by appealing strictly to metaphysical truths (from Scholastic Realism). These truths no one will be able to refute because the premises are true and the conclusion that will follow is necessarily true. Logically, there can be no other conclusion. For example, polytheism or pantheism cannot be true -- cannot be alternatives because neither flows logically from the premises.
Why do you need to prove your god boxcar, do you ever wonder why you must go to such great lengths....? If I was god, I would just come here to earth and clear things up already, you know, just appear in the sky in front of all to see.....why does your god remain hidden....? I know, I know, to test us all, and to give us an opportunity believe in him\ her\ it....

So God needs you to prove Him to us all...irrefutably....?
Old 12-09-2016, 07:17 PM   #27954
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
(emphasis mine)

Yes, indeed, including your persistence in putting your ignorance of reality on full display for all to see. Don't think it has escaped any thinking person's attention here that you have to date failed to present any coherent, cogent, cohesive argument defending your worldview (whatever that may be!) nor in refuting my worldview. You truly are the naked emperor, yet so pathetically self-deceived you cannot see it.
I've presented my worldview many times and it needs no defense of any kind....we awoke one day to find ourselves alive on a rocky planet orbiting a star...each day is pretty much like the previous one...we sleep, eat, work, dream, walk around, talk, fight, dream, love etc....we eventually grow old and infirm, then we die....that's it....end of personal story....human history is the sum total of all those lives that lived...one day our species will go extinct, just like all the others before us.....I don't know how everything got started nor how it will all end....I'm just happy to be here for awhile....that's it.

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 12-09-2016 at 07:18 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #27955
boxcar

Quote:
I've presented my worldview many times and it needs no defense of any kind....we awoke one day to find ourselves alive on a rocky planet orbiting a star...each day is pretty much like the previous one...we sleep, eat, work, dream, walk around, talk, fight, dream, love etc....we eventually grow old and infirm, then we die....that's it....end of personal story....human history is the sum total of all those lives that lived...one day our species will go extinct, just like all the others before us.....I don't know how everything got started nor how it will all end....I'm just happy to be here for awhile....that's it.
That's not worldview. That's just a description of skeptics' existence.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:56 PM   #27956
boxcar

Quote:
Why do you need to prove your god boxcar, do you ever wonder why you must go to such great lengths....? If I was god, I would just come here to earth and clear things up already, you know, just appear in the sky in front of all to see.....why does your god remain hidden....? I know, I know, to test us all, and to give us an opportunity believe in him\ her\ it....

So God needs you to prove Him to us all...irrefutably....?
God did come to earth 2,000 years ago in the person of of his Son Jesus Christ.

God doesn't need anything; for there is no potentiality in God whatsoever. But God does want his people to share the gospel and to have any answer to every man for the hope that is within them.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:03 PM   #27957
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
An ignorant man who knows nothing of my beliefs or lack of them has spoken, once again resorting to the childish ploy of labeling.
Beliefs, absent of truth or logic, are the stuff of children.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:08 PM   #27958
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
That's not worldview. That's just a description of skeptics' existence.
It's not just a skeptic that lives this life boxcar, we ALL do...that is what life is comprised of...and it is the only one we have...I can WISH for more and IMAGINE more, but these won't change the basic parameters and limitations of our existences.... We are what we are boxcar...a leaf is a leaf, and a leopard cannot change its spots....we are HUMAN not gods....
Old 12-09-2016, 08:38 PM   #27959
boxcar

Quote:
It's not just a skeptic that lives this life boxcar, we ALL do...that is what life is comprised of...and it is the only one we have...I can WISH for more and IMAGINE more, but these won't change the basic parameters and limitations of our existences.... We are what we are boxcar...a leaf is a leaf, and a leopard cannot change its spots....we are HUMAN not gods....
"We ALL do...? You have a mouse in your pocket? I know misery loves company but not all in the world love your kind of misery.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:49 PM   #27960
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
Beliefs, absent of truth or logic, are the stuff of children.
That's your belief, anyways.
Closed Thread