Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
Reezy

Alyssa Ali from Arlington Park

Hrtv needs to hire her..id tune in and watcher talk all day long
Reezy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
toussaud

she is usually on HRTV right before they do Arlington first race. doesn't really handicap though.

Arlington in general has probably the best on track presentation in the country IMHO between jessica, allisa and the guy they have that pops up from time to time as well as John Dooley.
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by toussaud
she is usually on HRTV right before they do Arlington first race. doesn't really handicap though.

Arlington in general has probably the best on track presentation in the country IMHO between jessica, allisa and the guy they have that pops up from time to time as well as John Dooley.
Better than NYRA? You have to be kidding, unless you are tuning in to see pretty ladies.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #4
sonnyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Better than NYRA? You have to be kidding, unless you are tuning in to see pretty ladies.

what was the name of the little blonde who did the paddock comments for NYRA before each race. i believe she left to care for an ailing family member.
she was very good.
sonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyp
what was the name of the little blonde who did the paddock comments for NYRA before each race. i believe she left to care for an ailing family member.
she was very good.
Jan Rushton. I guess she was alright, but in my opinion she did a little too much "trainer echo" stuff. Maggie Wolfendale is coming along nicely.

Last edited by cj; 08-13-2011 at 09:00 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
toussaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
sorry I don't beat to the NYRA tote line. Arlington puts on a good presentation. I did not say they were better handicappers than anyone else in the country.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #7
Irish Boy
Smartass

Alyssa Ali gets nails-on-chalkboard annoying very quickly, and I'm usually pretty forgiving on this stuff.
Irish Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by toussaud
sorry I don't beat to the NYRA tote line. Arlington puts on a good presentation. I did not say they were better handicappers than anyone else in the country.
No, but you did say this "Arlington in general has probably the best on track presentation in the country IMHO..." and that's exactly what CJ was referencing...

Has nothing to do with "beat the NYRA tote line," whatever that means...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 10:51 PM   #9
toussaud

whenever someone here says something other than "insert ny based track" is the best so and so you get railed. the other guy got the same thing for "suggesting" that a card with 6 maiden races in it on a saturday might be a tad bit watered down. I suggest the fact that I enjoy arlington's on track prenstation more than anyone elses and

Quote:
Because yes, obviously i simply have a horse racing woman fetish and all i do is sit at home flipping channels looking for pretty women in horse racing anbd every once in a while i just might make a wager. makes perfect sense

if you must know, i am extremely meticulous. the Arlington park track feed is crystal clear. the one at NYRA is not At least the xpressbet track feed I use, arlington park's feed is flat out clearer.. Usually at Arlington i get to see a really good shot of all the horses in the paddock before they even get to the track, then when they get to the track, i actually can see the horses in a post parade. At Saratoga for instance, they attempt to do this but it's blocked by the pony horse which honestly pisses me off. I'm just picky like that.

Another thing, NYRA, shows you the pony blocked post parade, then they run through the horses again as they gallop then they cut to the tote board screen which shows the odds, they do this for about 2 or so minutes then cut back to the horses with 2-3 minutes left to post. Arlington on the other hand, has the tote in the background and never cuts away from the horses, providing you ample time to look at the horse you are wagering on. stuff like that matters to me. It might not to you but it does to me. I understand why they do this, this would be very important if you are in for instance an OTB. But i'm not at an OTB i'm at home and given the choices i like what Arlington does better.

I would provide what I think about the commentary aspects of it but i know that TLG (who really does a good job, not bashing) is here so i will, leave that alone, but i have opinions on that as well.

Given that information above, Arlington gets my money and my attention and yes i think it's the best presentation of horse racing in the country. might not be the best class of racing, but they present it better than anyone else does.

I also think Emerald Downs does a wonderful job as well with what they have.

Last edited by toussaud; 08-13-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:54 PM   #10
Some_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Boy
Alyssa Ali gets nails-on-chalkboard annoying very quickly, and I'm usually pretty forgiving on this stuff.
I'm sure most people would be watching her with the mute on, thats all you need,.
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #11
toussaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_One
I'm sure most people would be watching her with the mute on, thats all you need,.
that's the catch. IF they DID hire her, they would find a reason to hate her guts rather quickly.

I was thinking about that the other day. I think we for some reason we think higher of people that work at the track, the people that work for instance at HRTV or TVG. Everyone that works at TVG is a bum but you can't ever say enough good about someone that works for instance at mountineer.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:33 PM   #12
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

That's because the people that work for the track have an easier time of it. They only have to know that one track. At least that is my conjecture, but I never listen to any of those people; I hit the mute as soon as the horses cross the finish line and unmute as they are entering the gate for the next race. So what do I know?

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #13
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

[QUOTE=toussaud[B]]
Another thing, NYRA, shows you the pony blocked post parade[/B], then they run through the horses again as they gallop then they cut to the tote board screen which shows the odds, they do this for about 2 or so minutes then cut back to the horses with 2-3 minutes left to post. Arlington on the other hand, has the tote in the background and never cuts away from the horses, providing you ample time to look at the horse you are wagering on. stuff like that matters to me. It might not to you but it does to me. I understand why they do this, this would be very important if you are in for instance an OTB. But i'm not at an OTB i'm at home and given the choices i like what Arlington does better.

QUOTE]

How hard is it to show the horse and not the pony?? NYRA is one of the worst in that department.
duncan04 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2011, 01:02 AM   #14
toussaud

apparently pretty damn hard because they are not even the only ones.

i label all the tracks into two categories. the "blockers" and the "non blockers". seriously i do not wager on horses that i cannot see, so i don't play the NYRA. But of all the tracks that are blockers, at least, the NYRA, and you can tell they try to do this they put the camera somewhat behind the horse somewhat so you can get as good of a look at the horse as possible but still the pony is in the way. It's like they see it's a problem and they are trying within their power to do something about it. as you can see i put alot of thought into this issue. But still i consider it a blocker track and do not play it. i don't' think it's too much to ask to get a good look at what I am putting at some times hundreds of dollars on before i push submit.

There are other components that go into what i deem a track presentation playable or not. For instance, ellis park is a non blocker track, but they NEVER run on time, and because most of the time i don't sit down and play one track, i cherry pick races from woodbine, Arlington, del mar, a track/race here or there, nothing peeves me off more than having to readjust my schedule because ellis park is 15 minutes behind now, and even worse i could have played another race somewhere else so i just don't bother. Churchill goes to the post way too late and like NYRA spends too much time on the tote screen. I won't say I never play churchill but it's not my preference. And monmouth, i don't know what the deal is but it's like someone needs to tell them to wait 5 seconds before starting to show the post parade, and the only time they show horses in the paddock are for big races. 95% of the time you don't see crap until they are on the track and then they show you the name and everything else while they are turning into the post parade.

yes, Arlington has the best presentation in the country IMHO. Keeneland, emerald downs, del mar, hollywood park, tampa bay, fair grounds, woodbine, charles town and remington park would round out my top 10.

You won't get an argument from me if you are stating that the racing at NYRA circuit is better than anyone else's but the presentation is not. i will argue that into im' dead in the grave as it stands.

tracks like laurel are so bad I've actually looked at a post parade before and thought i was seeing the race horse the pony shot was so clear.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #15
trackrat59

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Jan Rushton. I guess she was alright, but in my opinion she did a little too much "trainer echo" stuff. Maggie Wolfendale is coming along nicely.
I like Maggie a lot. She's a great addition and it's helpful to hear what she has to say since she knows horses.

For pre-race info NYRA has it hands down. They take their jobs seriously and there is no silliness going on. Clearly they are actually trying to enlighten the fans and those that place bets.

Who cares what anyone looks like as long as they are providing helpful pre-race info.