Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-29-2017, 07:15 AM   #196
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
The coral is doing just fine Dan. Resist the propaganda. Do you also believe the polar bears are going extinct as well?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2017, 09:32 AM   #197
chadk66

it's just nonsensical when you think about it. the crap these scientists are trying to convince people to believe is honestly quite hysterical. the only people that believe this global warming junk are people that have something to gain from other people believing it or have been brain washed to believe it. It's really that simple.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2017, 09:57 AM   #198
incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
it's just nonsensical when you think about it. the crap these scientists are trying to convince people to believe is honestly quite hysterical. the only people that believe this global warming junk are people that have something to gain from other people believing it or have been brain washed to believe it. It's really that simple.
I thank President Trump for turning the corner on this debacle for the masses. I only hope he stays STRONG. The enemies are becoming a lot more apparent.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2017, 12:38 PM   #199
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
The coral is doing just fine Dan. Resist the propaganda. Do you also believe the polar bears are going extinct as well?
There is no question that polar bears are a threatened species, and they have been listed as such..

http://wildlife.org/usfws-releases-f...ervation-plan/

https://www.worldwildlife.org/species/polar-bear

Can we just cut to the chase.. your opinion (and many others here at PA) is that climate change is a farce, any climate change-related threats to humans and wild life is a farce, anything and everything related to climate change is a farce, and nobody should ever do anything to curb emissions and pollution because climate change is a farce and it doesn't matter what we do.

Correct?
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2017, 12:54 PM   #200
hcap

Fake news originated with climate deniers.Paranoia and suspicion of science is now rampant particularly here with the trumpeters on the Drudge Advantage.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2017, 12:55 PM   #201
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Fake news originated with climate deniers.Paranoia and suspicion of science is now rampant particularly here with the trumpeters on the Drudge Advantage.
what is your science background? any published papers?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2017, 01:21 PM   #202
tucker6

Quote:
There is no question that polar bears are a threatened species, and they have been listed as such..

Can we just cut to the chase.. your opinion (and many others here at PA) is that climate change is a farce, any climate change-related threats to humans and wild life is a farce, anything and everything related to climate change is a farce, and nobody should ever do anything to curb emissions and pollution because climate change is a farce and it doesn't matter what we do.

Correct?
As Tom would say, "been warmer; been colder." And you didn't answer my question. Polar bears have a strong population, and the only reason that they are "threatened" is because orgs like the WWF and climate alarmists lied to get them on the list. Meanwhile, real life polar bear scientists are asking what the hubbub is over polar bears.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:21 PM   #203
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:

Correct?
I don't see anybody saying that, but nice jump to the extreme side of a differing view other than your own.

What I'm tired of hearing is study after study being done. Don't we supposedly have enough data already to move forward with some kind of change? If so, what the hell is it? Or are we just going to continue hearing the crying and the rage about Climate Change till our ears bleed?

I'm all for change if it can represent some statistical data and relevance that the changes made are economical and do make an actual difference. Problem is, I don't think anybody has a real effing clue as to what changes need to be done other than simply shutting down CO2 emissions completely.

So instead of the constant crying and bickering, how about we formulate a real plan? How about we get intelligent people together to truly and honestly put forth a real effort from a global perspective that is both realistic, economical, and can make an actual difference. Not some .1% Celsius bullshit by the year 2100 that is more politically driven than anything of any actual substance.

All this clamoring we hear about Climate Change doesn't mean shit if China and India aren't on board, and if we don't have a serious plan about developing countries as well.

Simply shutting down factories and greenhouse emissions in our own country does little to nothing in the grand scheme of things. It is a knee-jerk reaction to the real problem. Solve the problem. Don't put some ridiculous band-aids on a gunshot wound and think we're doing our part in saving the world.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2017, 01:28 PM   #204
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Do cartoons and graphs and charts from bogus sources and third rate newspapers count?

He reads shit off HuffPo and dem underground. Cut and paste. Cut and paste. Rinse and repeat.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2017, 01:31 PM   #205
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
I don't see anybody saying that, but nice jump to the extreme side of a differing view other than your own.

What I'm tired of hearing is study after study being done. Don't we supposedly have enough data already to move forward with some kind of change? If so, what the hell is it? Or are we just going to continue hearing the crying and the rage about Climate Change till our ears bleed?

I'm all for change if it can represent some statistical data and relevance that the changes made are economical and do make an actual difference. Problem is, I don't think anybody has a real effing clue as to what changes need to be done other than simply shutting down CO2 emissions completely.

So instead of the constant crying and bickering, how about we formulate a real plan? How about we get intelligent people together to truly and honestly put forth a real effort from a global perspective that is both realistic, economical, and can make an actual difference. Not some .1% Celsius bullshit by the year 2100 that is more politically driven than anything of any actual substance.

All this clamoring we hear about Climate Change doesn't mean shit if China and India aren't on board, and if we don't have a serious plan about developing countries as well.

Simply shutting down factories and greenhouse emissions in our own country does little to nothing in the grand scheme of things. It is a knee-jerk reaction to the real problem. Solve the problem. Don't put some ridiculous band-aids on a gunshot wound and think we're doing our part in saving the world.
Great post, most of us were making these points long long ago. It falls on deaf ears from the left. It's no longer an issue to be dealt with properly by mature adults. It's simply political now.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2017, 03:51 PM   #206
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The sham of it all is that if it were a REAL emergency, then why are so many making $$$ of of it and NOT reducing their carbon footprints? And why are we giving passes to two of the largest polluters on the planet.

Don't tell me I have to change my lifestyle and makes changes until YOU bloody well do it first.

love,
The Bens
Old 10-30-2017, 03:49 AM   #207
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Does one need to be a MD. to visit a Doctor for a broken leg?

No. But I have an engineering background and hold 2 US patents.
What about you or any trumpeter here on the Drudge Advantage?

One does not need to be an expert on any technical issue to recognize expertise in the field.

Would you take an airline flight with a "PILOT"" WITH A fake news diploma

FROM A HOME STUDY AIRLINE ACADEMY?
MAYBE THE TRUMP FLIGHT SCHOOL?
Old 10-30-2017, 08:56 AM   #208
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Does one need to be a MD. to visit a Doctor for a broken leg?

No. But I have an engineering background and hold 2 US patents.
What about you or any trumpeter here on the Drudge Advantage?

One does not need to be an expert on any technical issue to recognize expertise in the field.

Would you take an airline flight with a "PILOT"" WITH A fake news diploma

FROM A HOME STUDY AIRLINE ACADEMY?
MAYBE THE TRUMP FLIGHT SCHOOL?
One thing is for sure.

If I know you are on my flight, I'll wait for the next one.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 09:17 AM   #209
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
One thing is for sure.
If I know you are on my flight, I'll wait for the next one.
YOU GUYS, THE TRUMPETERS ARE THE ONES GOING DOWN.
Suit yourselves
Old 10-30-2017, 09:18 AM   #210
tucker6

I managed a dept that had mechanical engineers on staff, and once sold a house to someone who had multiple electronics patents. Given those facts, I think that makes me more than qualified to discuss climate change.