Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-04-2020, 09:10 AM   #526
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 09:16 AM   #527
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
from the article:

Hard to claim systemic racism in view of the above numbers.
it is easy for hcap
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 09:34 AM   #528
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
from the article:

Hard to claim systemic racism in view of the above numbers.
Theres not much to say to someone who denies there is any systemic racism in the U.S. You must have a lot invested in keeping that opinion, so I'll leave you to it.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 10:25 AM   #529
Ocala Mike

Sea changes in society the last decade.

The acceptance of gay marriage and now the acceptance in white America of the existence of systemic racism.

Stay tuned - November may bring another one if the complacency in the electorate disappears.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 10:32 AM   #530
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Are people seriously acting like this has never happened before in modern times?

LA RIOTS...1992...hello?

What kind of revisionist history is being attempted NOW? I lost count LONG ago.

Despite my claim yesterday, y'all (see what I did there) are not actually idiots. So it must be something else. I know!
Old 06-04-2020, 10:38 AM   #531
highernote

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Theres not much to say to someone who denies there is any systemic racism in the U.S. You must have a lot invested in keeping that opinion, so I'll leave you to it.
The white man who killed 9 black people in cold blood during a religious meeting in a South Carolina church wasn't due to systemic racism?

Last edited by highernote; 06-04-2020 at 10:46 AM.
highernote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 11:25 AM   #532
jimmyb

“If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago and a racist today.”
― Thomas Sowell
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 11:38 AM   #533
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
the acceptance in white America of the existence of systemic racism.
Black leaders have come out against the rioting and what has been done to their cities. this is a disgrace. And has to stop.

But what also has to stop: I've gotten to see TWO incidents discussed of late here already, first with Ahmed Arbery, now with George Floyd, where everything starts out okay.....

..THEN the posts start coming in discrediting the victims: "Oh, he was tresspassing!". "Oh, he was resisting arrest and a drug user!."

And yet, when the video came out we had sheriffs in houston, tennesee, georgia, southern states, multiple sheriffs all denouncing what they saw during that arrest.

I watch a video where a guy was saying all this... that the excuses about streesful job doesn't cut it........that teachers in inner city schools are also under a lot of stress, but if they strangled a student, and then the superintendant held a press conference "oh we've put the teacher on admin. leave, blah blah blah BUT the student in question was known for some pretty serious incidences of bathroom graffiti and fighting on school bus".....people would go nuts. And if it happened more than once? Egads.

He said "Hey how come people don't talk about how much black people DON'T RIOT?"

And then I see that black analyst on Fox News breaking down, describing what its like to wake up every day, as a black man. "For a lot of African Americans in this country, they feel that being black is a curse. It’s a curse because before you know my name, before you know the content of my character, before you know my moral compass, I’m already considered a threat to you.”

ISN'T THIS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BIRD WATCHER GUY IN CENTRAL PARK when that awful lady called him in to 911?

.....and there are still people saying there is no systemic racism in America.

And of course they've done themselves no good by rioting and looting....and all the right and left wing anarchists that are egging it on. they are very wrong very wrong very wrong to act like this.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-04-2020 at 11:41 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 11:58 AM   #534
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

The Abner Louima case in 1997 was the most startling and disgusting act by police officers. From that time on, my opinion of the police has changed. There are some sick individuals in the police force that abuse their authority . Now, I respect the law, but find it hard to respect police officers as a group. Individually each must prove himself to me.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 12:04 PM   #535
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Are people seriously acting like this has never happened before in modern times?

LA RIOTS...1992...hello?

What kind of revisionist history is being attempted NOW? I lost count LONG ago.

Despite my claim yesterday, y'all (see what I did there) are not actually idiots. So it must be something else. I know!
quoting tweets from twits that were not alive 30 years ago is a FanDan mainstay
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 12:04 PM   #536
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Black leaders have come out against the rioting and what has been done to their cities. this is a disgrace. And has to stop.

But what also has to stop: I've gotten to see TWO incidents discussed of late here already, first with Ahmed Arbery, now with George Floyd, where everything starts out okay.....

..THEN the posts start coming in discrediting the victims: "Oh, he was tresspassing!". "Oh, he was resisting arrest and a drug user!."

And yet, when the video came out we had sheriffs in houston, tennesee, georgia, southern states, multiple sheriffs all denouncing what they saw during that arrest.

I watch a video where a guy was saying all this... that the excuses about streesful job doesn't cut it........that teachers in inner city schools are also under a lot of stress, but if they strangled a student, and then the superintendant held a press conference "oh we've put the teacher on admin. leave, blah blah blah BUT the student in question was known for some pretty serious incidences of bathroom graffiti and fighting on school bus".....people would go nuts. And if it happened more than once? Egads.

He said "Hey how come people don't talk about how much black people DON'T RIOT?"

And then I see that black analyst on Fox News breaking down, describing what its like to wake up every day, as a black man. "For a lot of African Americans in this country, they feel that being black is a curse. It’s a curse because before you know my name, before you know the content of my character, before you know my moral compass, I’m already considered a threat to you.”

ISN'T THIS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BIRD WATCHER GUY IN CENTRAL PARK when that awful lady called him in to 911?

.....and there are still people saying there is no systemic racism in America.

And of course they've done themselves no good by rioting and looting....and all the right and left wing anarchists that are egging it on. they are very wrong very wrong very wrong to act like this.
I say we put all white people into concentration camps. And we put all white cops into double-secret concentration camps.

There...problem sol-ved.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:14 PM   #537
ElKabong

Quote:
Last night in Brooklyn, Two officers shot, one stabbed. The real numbers are stacking up.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 12:19 PM   #538
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I say we put all white people into concentration camps. And we put all white cops into double-secret concentration camps.

There...problem sol-ved.
There you go again! Jumping on people with some wise-assed comment ! (of course, isn't that what the internet is all about). Talk sense !

Last edited by Nutz and Boltz; 06-04-2020 at 12:20 PM.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 12:21 PM   #539
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Without factoring in inner city violence, poverty and generally a worse educational background than whites, not to mention the first sin of the U.S., slavery, and slavery's 200 year legacy, you seem to be implying a racist explanation.

What is going on now is another story that needs telling.

https://www.statista.com/chart/21872...ack-americans/

Your reply has nothing to do with my question (post 519).

I don't blame you. Black on black violence and murder is rampant. It's not a good look on your agenda.

Fetch the numbers I asked for, please. If it's too embarrassing for you, just say so
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 12:28 PM   #540
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz View Post
There you go again! Jumping on people with some wise-assed comment ! (of course, isn't that what the internet is all about). Talk sense !
Drastic times call for drastic measures, don't you think?