Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #3091
oughtoh

Santa Anita picks were pretty good yesterday with all horses in the money in all but one race. They just don't have enough horses in the races there. I was looking, did they discountinue the pick 9 there?
Old 04-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #3092
biggestal99

Well Greg, I would post more but nobody but me grinds it out on the exchange with platinum and eB. Opening at woodbine has been great with very little to do but watch the race and then collect. The exchange makes it real easy to make money. Just bet against the horses with low ability and power and watch the bankroll grow.

Allan (always lurking)
Old 04-16-2017, 05:51 PM   #3093
oughtoh

I just don't understand your software as to who to pick when. Yesterday there was one horse in every race but one. Today was different, which I would presume is a different system. But looking at it, don't know why you single the 3 in race 3 or why you used 4 horses in race 4. Hopefully you will hit your last race and you should get a nice payout.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:21 PM   #3094
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
I just don't understand your software as to who to pick when. Yesterday there was one horse in every race but one. Today was different, which I would presume is a different system. But looking at it, don't know why you single the 3 in race 3 or why you used 4 horses in race 4. Hopefully you will hit your last race and you should get a nice payout.
I singled the 3 in race 3 because he looked like the most likely winner. I try to keep my exotic tickets around $20--that ticket was never gonna pay more than $100 unless one of the longshots came in. The odd longshot coming in is where any profit will come from overall. Just a waiting game, I suppose.

Look what the PonyPicker scored today @ SA:

Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (31.4 KB, 57 views)
Old 04-16-2017, 11:39 PM   #3095
oughtoh

Does the pony picker only come up with one horse a race? When there is more than one pick in a race, that is where I have problems which one to pick. Or for that matter more thanone system, which system to use.

Last edited by oughtoh; 04-16-2017 at 11:41 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:29 AM   #3096
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

It really depends on what type of horseplayer you are, oughtoh. Are you looking for longshots.....do you just want to relax and hopefully win a few? Are you a cold-blooded wagerer....with profit the only acceptable result?
Whatever you are----be prepared to lose a lot more races than you win. You wont find profit in software unless you do some serious study. What works at one track may be a loser at another.

I settle ties by ALWAYS taking the highest last race speed rating. There are other good tie-breakers, but always use the same one. Longshot player? Always take the highest odds.

I put a lot of spot plays on buttons--because I like them and my customers do, as well. We like the races, and like to have a little fun with it.
Good luck oughtoh.

Here's today's PLATINUM exacta plays. These are two or three horses with the highest power numbers in a race---and a large gap in points to the next in line. The program selects these automatically:

Attached Images
File Type: png TUP EXACTAS.PNG (44.5 KB, 97 views)
Old 04-17-2017, 01:25 PM   #3097
oughtoh

Thank you Greg. That makes things alot clearer.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:19 PM   #3098
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
It really depends on what type of horseplayer you are, oughtoh. Are you looking for longshots.....do you just want to relax and hopefully win a few? Are you a cold-blooded wagerer....with profit the only acceptable result?
Whatever you are----be prepared to lose a lot more races than you win. You wont find profit in software unless you do some serious study. What works at one track may be a loser at another.
I am cold blooded wagerer. Heres a story from last year at monmouth.

My wife and I usually go to Saratoga for a weekend but her work schedule didnt let us this past year so we head on down to Monmouth, we get there and since I am playing the X, I ask her which horses she likes and I play them to win for her. we are doing okay, I had a few losers (winners) and she had a few winners (winners). I forget which race (race 5 or 6) I am send it in against the fav and my liability is high, so if the horse actually wins I am out 200 or so.

On the X, they have a cashout feature, which I use quite frequently. I bet against the fav early and it seems like everyone else on the X has the same Idea so the fav starts drifting badly. (which is really good). so I now face the old a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. gamble on the horse losing and picking up 150 or so. or cashing out for 20. I cash out for 20 cold profit.

My wife doesnt understand how I could do it. Profit ahead of all else.

the horse I hate wins by 3. jogging.

and I am sitting with a jackson to the good.

Allan
Old 04-18-2017, 04:19 PM   #3099
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Good story Al

Since I missed Mo Valley--I'll take a shot at the late p-4 @ WRD:

$.50 Pick-4:-->> 2,4 / 1 / 1,2,4 / 1,5,9,10
Bets: 24 Total: $12

I put the cards up to show how I use them for Exotic horizontals..also I don't have them posted, but these horses figure prominently in the HOT LIST and CONSENSUS.

Also very easy to print out that tip sheet--then click the verticals and play a couple supers with some prices on them--and they jibe with the hot sheet/comp report-NCG

Attached Images
File Type: png PICK4 WRD.PNG (92.1 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 04-18-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:15 PM   #3100
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Good story Al

Since I missed Mo Valley--I'll take a shot at the late p-4 @ WRD:

$.50 Pick-4:-->> 2,4 / 1 / 1,2,4 / 1,5,9,10
Bets: 24 Total: $12

I put the cards up to show how I use them for Exotic horizontals..also I don't have them posted, but these horses figure prominently in the HOT LIST and CONSENSUS.

Also very easy to print out that tip sheet--then click the verticals and play a couple supers with some prices on them--and they jibe with the hot sheet/comp report-NCG
Oh I forgot to mention the coldest of cold exactas yesterday at will rogers that you posted yesterday. 1/5 hoss airs and here comes the bomb to complete the 16 buck exacta. I saw the huge gap there and played against the second choice.
Money in the bank almost from go. Almost Never a worry when betting low ability. Low power horses. Currently on a 68 market win streak since 4/8.

Keep them losers coming.

Allan
Old 04-18-2017, 06:13 PM   #3101
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Oh I forgot to mention the coldest of cold exactas yesterday at will rogers that you posted yesterday. 1/5 hoss airs and here comes the bomb to complete the 16 buck exacta. I saw the huge gap there and played against the second choice.
Money in the bank almost from go. Almost Never a worry when betting low ability. Low power horses. Currently on a 68 market win streak since 4/8.

Keep them losers coming.

Allan
Something else I noticed, Al...if those odds-on favorites arent #1 Ability--that's a red flag right away.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:56 PM   #3102
oughtoh

Sorry you didn't hit the pick 4. But in the 7th race, the two horses you used ran 1 & 2 and the third and fourth horses were two of the horses that were left off on the last three pages. Sorry, not a great explaination, but the super paid over $1700. Not bad for what would have been a $12 bet just putting those 3 horses in the 3rd and 4th positions.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:58 PM   #3103
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
Sorry you didn't hit the pick 4. But in the 7th race, the two horses you used ran 1 & 2 and the third and fourth horses were two of the horses that were left off on the last three pages. Sorry, not a great explaination, but the super paid over $1700. Not bad for what would have been a $12 bet just putting those 3 horses in the 3rd and 4th positions.
Yep....there are plenty of ways to go that's for sure. There is ALWAYS something simple that is the difference between a big winner and just another ticket to tear up.

You may recall last week---I had to choose between two longshots to include on my ticket---I chose the wrong horse.

It'll drive you nuts thinking about what could have been....so I play my low-cost tickets knowing I'll hit just enough to stay in the game. If I were to double my bankroll--the only change I would make is to increase my wager size, while still playing the same conservative way.

You asked about singling a horse...unless I have a horse on my watch list or some other reason to really like a horse--I use this method:

Find a sequence of races--after looking at the Pick-9ALL cards--that contain several horses 4-1+. Once I've decided Pick-3, 4 etc...the last real decision is which horse to single. I try to find a horse (odds don't matter---he's gonna be a favorite)...that ranks #1 Platinum and Prime Power...and #1 ABILITY. That horse has a good shot to win--actually PonyPicker's EASY WINNERS are horses that are #1 Prime Power & #1 Ability.

If you have the PLATINUM program....and the horse is a Best Bet there...you've found a nice single. Compare the cards, check the Hot List and Comp report, figure how deep you want and can afford to go in other races...and you have a good shot at a winner.

If you don't have PLATINUM...but would like to know the best bets for that day---let me know I'll post 'em up.

Trust me.....I want to see you win 🍹
Old 04-19-2017, 12:40 AM   #3104
oughtoh

Thank you for the explanation Greg. What you put up today I understood what you were doing.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:17 AM   #3105
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Noticed 7th race 12-1 ML MADDIZASKAR on the Best Bets list--and also I see him on the HOT LIST for AQ today. Doesn't mean he's a lock to win anything--it does mean he's a bettable overlay at anywhere near that ML.

Will include in 5th race Pick-3 and late Pick-4. Not much time for handicapping right now--but did notice a couple bombs on the comp report scoring - at TUP AYE AYE OH paid a bunch--didn't see what the super paid, but all 4 horses that made up the super were listed.

These are AQ starting 5th race both

$1 Pick-4:-->> 1,2,5 / 3 / 1,6 / 5,6,10
Bets: 18 Total: $18

$1 Pick-3:-->> 2,5 / 3 / 1,6
Bets: 4 Total: $4

Attached Images
File Type: png Best Bets.PNG (34.2 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 04-19-2017 at 07:19 AM.
Closed Thread