Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 03:35 AM   #16
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame
You know what Thas....please show me where I called YOU an idiot? .
But, since you want to call me a genius, I will gladly take that credit and tell you to go blow yourself!
I personally, was at first upset by this result. But, after five minutes, I realized that you on the left are IDIOTS (and if you are on the left then this means YOU).
You see, in my world, in order to fix something, sometimes it needs to collapse completely!
So, I have already encouraged as many people as I can tonight on my social media outlets to go out, celebrate, spend as much as you can. Hell, don't even worry about paying it back (sound familiar???)
In another thread, Highnote is talking about what ifs and the north and south splitting.....Funniest chit I ever heard!!!
The liberals states could not make it on their own....THE LEFT ALWAYS DEPENDS ON SOMEONE ELSE ........
In case you missed it, Obama has gotten all kinds of credit for the northeast and sandy...yet the media (lame stream) fails to show the truth of what is really going on. I know what those poor people are going through, experiencing Katrina myself.
Now you have nerve to tell me to get off of my "high horse"......
F&%#&^&* YOU is all I can say. You dont like my opinions, don't read them. You don't like what is being said here, leave! Last i checked, Mike allows us to express our opinions and views. Last I checked, debate was good. Course those on the left dont like debate...just ask Harry Reid.
you see, very little will get done over the next four as this administration has promoted too much ill will across the aisle. unless they are willing to continue to circumvent the law, which is a distinct possibility, then its nada, nothing. And, in four more years we will be right back here talking about how deficits have increased, welfare recipients are through the roof, the levying of more taxes, no budgets passed, etc etc. Question is, who will you all on the left blame then??????
You are not smart enough to know what will happen in the next four years...you only THINK that you are.

And the reason I told you guys to get off your high horse is because of all the insults hurled against those of us "on the left" these past couple of weeks. You guys knew everything, and had your thumb right on the pulse of the political scene in this country; and we were the simpletons.

And now that you have been proven wrong...we are supposed to sit here and take more of the same BULLSHIT?

I should allow you to call me an "IDIOT" just because I happen to be "on the left"? Can you show me where I have called YOU -- or anybody else -- an "idiot" on this site?

You are not the only one who is allowed to express an opinion here, friend...those of us "on the left" have that right too.

And it takes a smarter guy than you to call me an idiot...

Last edited by thaskalos; 11-07-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:55 AM   #17
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
You are not smart enough to know what will happen in the next four years...you only THINK that you are.

And the reason I told you guys to get off your high horse is because of all the insults hurled against those of us "on the left" these past couple of weeks. You guys knew everything, and had your thumb right on the pulse of the political scene of this country; and we were the simpletons.

And now that you have been proven wrong...we are supposed to sit here and take more of the same BULLSHIT?

I should allow you to call me an "IDIOT" just because I happen to be "on the left"? Can you show me where I have called YOU -- or anybody else -- an "idiot" on this site?

You are not the only one who is allowed to express an opinion here, friend...those of us "on the left" have that right too.

And it takes a smarter guy than you to call me an idiot...
You would think you would have some sense about yourself being a horse player.....
How do you determine how a horse will run? Based on previous history???
I am smart enough to see what happened the LAST four years, and I am smart enough to see the ill will this administration has created (and not only in the country). I am smart enough to see that although past performance is not indicative of future results, it's does give us an indication. I am smart enough to see what liberalism has done to California. I am smart enough to see this president getting caught on a microphone, telling Putin to wait till after the elections. I am smart enough to see how Obamacare was RAMMED down the throats of the american people (like it or not). I am smart enough to see the number of those on welfare continue to rise. I am smart enough to see taxes on the horizon. Shall I go on?
So yeah, I can make a relatively "smart" guess as to where this is headed!

I never once claimed to have my finger on the pulse of America or what would happen in this election. I know what I believed (and like Mack), I was wrong as I gave some states too much credit. But never once did I get on here and say this was a done deal.

And please spare me the "we are supposed to sit here and take more of this bullshit" speech. You're already sounding like a victim and you guys just won the election. I can't imagine what you all would be saying had ya lost..
So then we both agree that I have not called you an Idiot, nor you calling me an Idiot. So where was the "get off my high horse" crap from??? I am not on a high horse, trust me. If anything, I am one of the most down to earth guys you ould ever meet. Problem is, only thing you or I know of each other is internet land.
An you're right, we all can express opinions here. I am not the one crying about "taking more bullshit". Put on your big boy panties and deal with the next four years as I will. but please, don't think that just because the left won an election that I will not hold their feet to a fire just as I would one of my own. As long as I have freedom of speech, I will speak out against that which I do not believe in. And, I would hope you would do the same....too bad Obama's civility speech never reached your ears. But, I understand, it's just more of the "get to the back of the bus" theory! Sorry, I take a back seat for NO ONE!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:02 AM   #18
TJDave

Quote:
you see, very little will get done over the next four as this administration has promoted too much ill will across the aisle. unless they are willing to continue to circumvent the law, which is a distinct possibility, then its nada, nothing. And, in four more years we will be right back here talking about how deficits have increased, welfare recipients are through the roof, the levying of more taxes, no budgets passed, etc etc. Question is, who will you all on the left blame then??????
It won't matter. The majority of the electorate doesn't care about deficits. Even less will care in 2016. All they care about is getting a check, or insurance, or whatever they can get from government. The party that promises more shit will win. Why don't you get that?
Old 11-07-2012, 04:10 AM   #19
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
It won't matter. The majority of the electorate doesn't care about deficits. Even less will care in 2016. All they care about is getting a check, or insurance, or whatever they can get from government. The party that promises more shit will win. Why don't you get that?
The ultimate question though is as some point, when that river starts to dry, what will that electorate do (when the nanny state cant provide all they need)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:27 AM   #20
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
Ding!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #21
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
The ultimate question though is as some point, when that river starts to dry, what will that electorate do (when the nanny state cant provide all they need)
Watch Atlas Shrugged. Or read the book.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #22
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
The left will never hold one of their own in contempt for ANYTHING.
How can you espouse such nonsense?
Old 11-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #23
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

History?
Just who has the left ever held accountable in recent years?
They just dragged the dead body of our ambassador through the streets of Libya and the left here doesn't even think we need to know anything about it. Just part of the job according to mostie.

Last edited by Tom; 11-07-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #24
lsbets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Watch Atlas Shrugged. Or read the book.
Read the book. Don't watch the movies. They are ****ing awful.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:31 AM   #25
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
I personally, was at first upset by this result. But, after five minutes, I realized that you on the left are IDIOTS (and if you are on the left then this means YOU).
It seems to me that most of the name calling and uncivil discourse (on this board) is by those on the right. The left is not devoid of this sin, but the right certainly owns the title.

Can't you people discuss subjects objectively and with civility?

If you can't make your point without name calling and/or profanity, then maybe you don't have a point to be made. (This goes for both sides.)
Old 11-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
I never blamed Bush for Katrina...and the only contempt I see here is from YOU guys towards us "idiots"...who were stupid enough to think that Obama would win this election.
Let me ask you a serious question. Besides bigmack, who here didn't think Obama COULD/WOULD win the election?

I believe most everyone, no matter their political stripes, held open that very real possibility, and did so publicly. So I'm not sure where all this is coming from.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32
It seems to me that most of the name calling and uncivil discourse (on this board) is by those on the right.
How about providing percentages, since there seems to be more righties than lefties here...which would naturally lead to the perception that they indeed do most of the name calling, when in fact that might not be true.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #28
Ocala Mike

Let me ask a question

Getting back to the original question asked, Woody Allen said it best:

"Eighty percent of success is just showing up."
Old 11-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #29
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
How about providing percentages, since there seems to be more righties than lefties here...which would naturally lead to the perception that they indeed do most of the name calling, when in fact that might not be true.
Don't waste your time.

Quote:
...I also find it interesting that all of the red states are the backwater, hillbilly, corn growing, tobacca chewing, goat fornicating states, and all of the blue states are the industrial, liberal, alternative lifestyle, high population states.
Kinda hard to take the sermon too seriously.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 11-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #30
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
...I also find it interesting that all of the red states are the backwater, hillbilly, corn growing, tobacca chewing, goat fornicating states, and all of the blue states are the industrial, liberal, alternative lifestyle, high population states.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Kinda hard to take the sermon too seriously.
Good one. You caught me joking.

However, I'll bet you don't know my party affiliation.
Closed Thread