Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 07-26-2015, 03:51 PM   #31
tlinetrader

Does anyone know of an ADW that accepts conditonal wagers on place bets (conditional to the win odds of course). I live in NY.
tlinetrader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2015, 03:56 PM   #32
FocusWiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlinetrader
Does anyone know of an ADW that accepts conditonal wagers on place bets (conditional to the win odds of course). I live in NY.
I believe that AmWager has been mentioned before as accepting these. I also believe that BetPTC will take wagers on Win, Place, and Show wagers based on the Win odds.
FocusWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2015, 04:07 PM   #33
tlinetrader

My understanding is that BetPTC doesnt accept NY residents. I called Amwager and spoke to three different people who couldnt answer the question and suggested I cal back tomorrow. Any others possibly?
Old 07-26-2015, 04:30 PM   #34
FocusWiz

1) AmWager definitely does accept Place and Show wagers conditioned on the Win odds.

2) I am a New York resident and use BetPTC.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:26 AM   #35
Ted Craven

Here is a screenshot of a Place bet conditioned on the final price of Win pool odds of a different horse ($100 Place on #3, based on odds of #1 being greater than 7/5 at 0 MTP). I just grabbed a race in the UK that happened to be current at the moment.

NY residents not the greatest rebates, and some restricted track coverage with Amwager. But they have great betting tools!

Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2015, 11:32 AM   #36
FocusWiz

I agree with Ted and might also mention that they offer the option to base an exacta, double or quinella plays on the probable payoffs.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:20 PM   #37
tlinetrader

Thanks guys. I'll try amwager. Called betPTC and they said no to NY residents.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:59 PM   #38
green80

my suggestion would be to set your bets to -30 sec or -1min (after post) by that time most of the off track money should be in. Some of your biggest odds changes are when the money from all the off track OTB's hits the pools.
To do this you have to know your track and how close to on time they run. You want to set your bet to go in as late as possible without being shut out. Tracks with the smaller pools will vary wildly.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2015, 02:17 PM   #39
FocusWiz

Another thing to consider with Amwager is that you can also set an upper odds limit. They allow multiple conditions to be set on each wager.

For example, if you like a horse and want to play it if it over a target of 5/1, but you never play 40/1 shots, you can set the condition such that the wager will be placed if over your target, but not be placed if the odds go as high as 40/1.

I have not done this, but conceivably, you might also set up multiple wagers with different rules such that you wager more where you consider the "sweet spot" to be, but still wager something if it goes out of that range.

I have had most success with this when uploading files (a whole different learning curve), but you can also do this from a data entry screen. I think you will need to play around with that a bit before you feel comfortable with it.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:01 AM   #40
TravisVOX
Track Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
my suggestion would be to set your bets to -30 sec or -1min (after post) by that time most of the off track money should be in. Some of your biggest odds changes are when the money from all the off track OTB's hits the pools.
To do this you have to know your track and how close to on time they run. You want to set your bet to go in as late as possible without being shut out. Tracks with the smaller pools will vary wildly.
Depending on your level of intensity, you can track how long after "0 MTP" a track tends to go off and customize your conditions to suit that track. Finger Lakes, for example, is usually fairly close to post time. Gulfstream, meanwhile, is not.
TravisVOX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2015, 12:20 AM   #41
FocusWiz

Just a question...

I have been playing with Exacta wagers at AmWager using both a minimum and maximum probable as part of the set of conditions and am wondering if this feature is offered elsewhere. From my perusal, XpressBet, TwinSpires, and BetPTC all seem to offer only a minimum probable for wagering (either odds for Win Wagering or a probable payoff for Doubles and Exactas).

Does anyone know of any other ADW that offers the ability to use both a minimum and a maximum when setting up conditional wagers (preferably via an uploaded file)?
Old 10-24-2015, 09:30 AM   #42
tlinetrader

Still looking for a US ADW that accepts conditional wagers on place bets. Ive used Amwager but it sounds like they're running into financial problems. Id like to use BetPTC but I live in NY and they say they dont accept NY residents. Any suggestions?
Old 10-24-2015, 09:39 AM   #43
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlinetrader
Still looking for a US ADW that accepts conditional wagers on place bets. Ive used Amwager but it sounds like they're running into financial problems. Id like to use BetPTC but I live in NY and they say they dont accept NY residents. Any suggestions?

"Financial problems" ???

Where did you hear that...so that we can all get our money out

mike
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2015, 09:43 AM   #44
tlinetrader

FocusWiz, if you dont mind my asking how were you able to setup a betPTC account?
Old 10-24-2015, 09:45 AM   #45
tlinetrader

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ra...to-bankruptcy/

Story regarding amwest who i believe owns amwager