Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 10-24-2018, 04:39 AM   #1
Actor
Librocubicularist

Machine readable

I use the BRIS comma delimited file exclusively. Question: Does anyone else sell past performance and results data that is machine readable? By that I mean machine readable in general, not just by proprietary programs.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

TrackMaster has data files.
Post Time Solutions, I think DRF has exportable files?
Old 10-24-2018, 03:29 PM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
I use the BRIS comma delimited file exclusively. Question: Does anyone else sell past performance and results data that is machine readable? By that I mean machine readable in general, not just by proprietary programs.

TimeformUS has an api, which admittedly I haven't had the time to dig in to very deeply yet:

https://timeformusblog.com/2017/03/0...now-available/

This link explains APIs.

Formulator files can be exported and DRF also sells comma delimited charts.

https://www1.drf.com/formulator/form...l#EXPORT_CARDS

https://www1.drf.com/misc/textcharts.html
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2018, 10:02 AM   #4
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
JCapper --

Although the race files available from HDW (Handicappers Data Warehouse) are proprietary format:

JCapper is programmed to read proprietary files downloaded from HDW into memory -- and run an export that creates comma delimited text .JCP files on your hard drive.

Key differences between HDW-JCapper comma delimited text past performance data files and Brisnet files:

• As a JCapper customer, you have some flexibility in customizing (through settings persisted in JCapper's Enhanced Settings Module) a few of the data items inserted into your .JCP files.

• You get HDW's PSR (Projected Speed Rating) instead of Prime Power. PSR has a similar win rate to Prime Power. However, large sample database studies indicate the top ranked PSR horse in each race returns a higher flat win bet roi that the top ranked Prime Power horse in each race.

• The speed and pace figs inserted into .JCP files are HDW speed and pace figs. (These high quality figs and are seen by fewer pairs of eyes each day than their Brisnet counterparts.)

• Rider and trainer names come directly from Equibase instead of DRF (Example: the Equibase-HDW name for Mike Smith is SMITH MIKE whereas the DRF name for Mike Smith is SMITH, MIKE D.)

• JCapper comes with a module called the HDW File Mgr -- which enables you to automate the entire file download experience. I've set mine up so that all I do is double-click a desktop shortcut that causes the app to download today's files, unzip today's files, load today's proprietary files into memory, and export today's .JCP files out onto my hard drive. (I have a second desktop shortcut that does the same thing for yesterday's charts result files.)

Sample Comma Delimited Text .JCP Files --
Because JCapper .JCP past performance data files are comma delimited text (1435 data fields per horse record) they are compatible not just with JCapper but with many of the handicapping software apps and spreadsheets currently in use.

The following download link will get you a free race day of .JCP files (courtesy of HDW) so that you can test and verify whether or not .JCP files are compatible with a third party app or spreadhseet you might be using:
Sample .JCP Files - Download a FREE Race Day

Keep in mind that some of the data fields inserted into JCP files can be customized by the user. Also keep in mind that the files have a file extension of ."JCP" and you will likely have to change the file extension to get your app or spreadsheet to recognize them.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 10-25-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2018, 09:21 AM   #5
ubercapper

Stats Race Lens, sold via Equibase and TrackMaster, contains an XML file for every race card included with any subscription.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: