Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 307 votes, 4.96 average.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:07 PM   #16366
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Boxcar,

I didn't quote your long tirade as it relates to nothing being discussed. The point is your logic. I did not attempt to prove any thing about God. You injected this subject verse into the discussion. I observed how was it possible for Jacob to strive and prevail against God.

You jumped in and made your assertion about imputation as the controlling factor. All your responses, including your rant, prove you lack comprehension. You did not understand the point of the observation is how it was possible, just as you did not understand the concepts stated by Ocala Mike and Hank, which you agreed with. Concepts which were negations of your beliefs, yet you agreed, becuase you cannot comprehend the essence of the thoughts expressed by the respective writers.

I did not answer your question to me, about the Holy Spirit for two specific reasons. First, I told you are discussions have concluded and not ask me anymore questions. Second, I know you only asked me, so you would have the opportunity to preach your deterministic view, by quoting a bunch of verses out of context, which are unrelated to each other.

As I told you before, which you have effectively demonstrated, you do not comprehend simple concepts expressed through writing. Therefore, how could you have a reasonable expectation, that people would believe your assertions about complex spiritual matters expressed through writings? Your expectation is grounded in pride, not in reason. You have thoroughly expressed your pride, through your arrogance, by repeatingly your assertion that you are always right and left no doubt when you eqauted criticism of your personal Scriptural interpretations as a direct insult and an attack on God.

Solely, due to this prideful arrogance, I decided to stop answering questions regarding theological issues, as I will not be responsible in encouraging you to commit the unpardonable sin in this life or the next life.

So you may comprehend, I will make it simple. Do not ask me any more questions in the theological vein, because I will not answer you. Any question I ask will be related to your logic and the related inferences and extensions of such logic.

If your response to how Jacob, a man, strove and prevailed against God is now grace, the same logic applies. Grace abounds through Christ, all believers have grace through Christ. Thus, all believers can strive against and prevail against God. This logic supports Luther's teaching man can boldly sin and God will forgive. Do you agree with Luther's logical conclusions?
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 01-02-2015 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:13 PM   #16367
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
A closed mind acts like a hoarder, keeping all the trash locked inside.

ShowMe, I just noticed one of your taglines. Question: How does an open mind keep the flood of sewage out, since there is nothing to stop it?
The logic behind the thought, as thask stated, is wisdom.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 01-02-2015, 03:03 PM   #16368
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
Boxcar,

I didn't quote your long tirade as it relates to nothing being discussed. The point is your logic. I did not attempt to prove any thing about God. You injected this subject verse into the discussion. I observed how was it possible for Jacob to strive and prevail against God.
I didn't inject any "verse" into the subject. Thask asked me about Jacob seeing God because in his mind that presented a contradiction in scripture. I quoted a passage in its context to show him that Jacob didn't see God in his essence. You then chimed in by talking about Jacob's "evil nature" and that with that evil nature he prevailed. I corrected you because God would never have viewed one of his elect as being "evil" or having an "evil nature". He would view them as being forgiven and righteous in Christ.

Quote:
You jumped in and made your assertion about imputation as the controlling factor. All your responses, including your rant, prove you lack comprehension. You did not understand the point of the observation is how it was possible, just as you did not understand the concepts stated by Ocala Mike and Hank, which you agreed with. Concepts which were negations of your beliefs, yet you agreed, becuase you cannot comprehend the essence of the thoughts expressed by the respective writers.

I did not answer your question to me, about the Holy Spirit for two specific reasons. First, I told you are discussions have concluded and not ask me anymore questions. Second, I know you only asked me, so you would have the opportunity to preach your deterministic view, by quoting a bunch of verses out of context, which are unrelated to each other.

As I told you before, which you have effectively demonstrated, you do not comprehend simple concepts expressed through writing. Therefore, how could you have a reasonable expectation, that people would believe your assertions about complex spiritual matters expressed through writings? Your expectation is grounded in pride, not in reason. You have thoroughly expressed your pride, through your arrogance, by repeatingly your assertion that you are always right and left no doubt when you eqauted criticism of your personal Scriptural interpretations as a direct insult and an attack on God.

Solely, due to this prideful arrogance, I decided to stop answering questions regarding theological issues, as I will not be responsible in encouraging you to commit the unpardonable sin in this life or the next life.

So you may comprehend, I will make it simple. Do not ask me any more questions in the theological vein, because I will not answer you. Any question I ask will be related to your logic and the related inferences and extensions of such logic.

If your response to how Jacob, a man, strove and prevailed against God is now grace, the same logic applies. Grace abounds through Christ, all believers have grace through Christ. Thus, all believers can strive against and prevail against God. This logic supports Luther's teaching man can boldly sin and God will forgive. Do you agree with Luther's logical conclusions?
Here's a clue for you: You will not ask ask me any more questions at any time for any reason, especially about what you think is my faulty logic since you should be the last one around here to question anyone's cognitive skills or interpretative abilities. Mark this day down forever in your mind and remember it well.

Meanwhile, have a great year!
Old 01-02-2015, 03:05 PM   #16369
boxcar

Quote:
The logic behind the thought, as thask stated, is wisdom.
So the wisdom of the world provides no stop-gap measure to stop the flood of sewage that will inevitably flow into to an open mind?

Methinks you can keep your worldly wisdom. Even God scoffs at such!
Old 01-02-2015, 03:06 PM   #16370
TJDave

Quote:
Here's a clue for you: You will not ask ask me any more questions at any time for any reason, especially about what you think is my faulty logic since you should be the last one around here to question anyone's cognitive skills or interpretative abilities. Mark this day down forever in your mind and remember it well.

6X6 may be lacking in wisdom but more than makes up for it in people skills.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:36 PM   #16371
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
I didn't inject any "verse" into the subject. Thask asked me about Jacob seeing God because in his mind that presented a contradiction in scripture. I quoted a passage in its context to show him that Jacob didn't see God in his essence. You then chimed in by talking about Jacob's "evil nature" and that with that evil nature he prevailed. I corrected you because God would never have viewed one of his elect as being "evil" or having an "evil nature". He would view them as being forgiven and righteous in Christ.

Do you think I care if you can't defend your reasoning? If you do not like your reasoning being questioned, find some simpletons who believe you have some personal authority over them and that they have to believe your presupposition that everything must be justified to you and you do not have to justify your assertions, when questioned.

BTW, you stated your logic is faulty, not me. I didn't ask you to respond to my observation regarding a verse you raised by your own initiative. You interjected with your reasoning based in imputation. I did not ask you to defend imputation as a theological belief. I only stated if your logic is true, then every believer has the same ability as Jacob. I raised Luther's teaching as being in harmony with the concept that every believer can boldly sin, strive against God, and prevail because God will forgive them.

Once again you misrepresent my words. Over several posts, I patienlty explained to you the issue is your reasoning and your ability to comprehend concepts conveyed through writing, and not about man's inherent nature. Yet, you cannot let go of the idea that the gist of my observation is based on man's evil inherent nature.

A point which is vital to your beliefs and your world view. Without, an inherently evil nature man does not deserve all the pain, suffering and misery God can heap upon man during man's earthly life and throughout eternity. Without this vital ingredient of inherent evil there is no need for your specific teachings. For this sole reason, you are twisting my words to make a straw man argument to perpetrate the idea that the gist of my observation is actually about man's nature.

In anticipation, to your response that I am glorifying man, due to the men in black robes teachings, I will save you the time. Man not having an inherent sinful nature, does not glorify man nor make man meritorious in their own salvation. If I believed such concepts, I would adhere to non-Christian Eastern Philosophies or religions that teach man can save himself through work, be it through reincarnation, meditation, or whatever means.

Now understand this in discovering your true self, the self which was called out of nonexistence into existence, by God through His Word, as an embodied spirit does not preclude meditation, contemplation, and other spiritual practices linked to transcendence to help us mature as God the Father desires. The act of transforming is not glorifying man nor making man meritorious in deserving salvation on his own. For we are to transform into the likeness of Jesus, the first fruit of many brothers, as being human and Divine, so that the full Divinity may dwell in the human, bodily temple of God.

Your inability regarding understanding of writen thoughts, as demonstrated in your above answer, only reinforces the claim, that you cannot understand thoughts and concepts conveyed in writing. Therefore, I would not trust you, nor should anyone else, to understand and explain complex spiritual concepts conveyed through writing.
George Washington
Old 01-02-2015, 04:58 PM   #16372
hcap

Quote:
So the wisdom of the world provides no stop-gap measure to stop the flood of sewage that will inevitably flow into to an open mind?

METHINKS it's enough faux Shakespeare already.

Why then O great sage did God give man a mind to reason with? And even if he gave you ANY miniscule quantities of grey matter at all---- which we all are beginning to doubt--- why would your possible 2 dozen or so brain cells even exist? To simply preach to horse players on an internet website and make non believers more non believing?

Scoffing at rationality and the knowledge of the world (of which you obviously have none) is not something god does or wishes.That is purely the boxcarian spin and interpretation of god who you pretend to speak for.

METHINKS the sewage here is entirely next to those 2 dozen very lonely brain cells. Give it a rest Shirley.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:02 PM   #16373
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:

Another exhibition of the inability to cmprehend what is written. I said wisdom. I did not say wisdom of the world. There is a whole Book of Wisdom in the Bible.

Why do you insist on proving your lack of understanding? You already have, to everyone's satisfaction, proved you do not comprehend writen thoughts. Does your pride have no bounds? We know how prideful you are about your inability to understand, so you can stop trying to impress us with ceaseless posts demonstrating your inability to comprehend what is posted.

Methinks you should focus on comprehension skills, instead of your pride in lacking such skills.

May God bless your entire being, spirit, soul and body.
George Washington
Old 01-02-2015, 05:17 PM   #16374
boxcar

Quote:
Another exhibition of the inability to cmprehend what is written. I said wisdom. I did not say wisdom of the world. There is a whole Book of Wisdom in the Bible.

Why do you insist on proving your lack of understanding? You already have, to everyone's satisfaction, proved you do not comprehend writen thoughts. Does your pride have no bounds? We know how prideful you are about your inability to understand, so you can stop trying to impress us with ceaseless posts demonstrating your inability to comprehend what is posted.

Methinks you should focus on comprehension skills, instead of your pride in lacking such skills.

May God bless your entire being, spirit, soul and body.
Sir, there are only two kinds of wisdom in this world, according to scripture. There is the wisdom of the world which God mocks; for the foolishness of God is wiser than that of mere sinful mortals. And then there is godly/spiritual wisdom which is contained only in God's Word. So, since the "wisdom" of which Thask spoke -- open minds through which anything can flow -- is not in the bible, then this must be the world's wisdom by default.

Tough logic to follow, eh?
Old 01-02-2015, 05:19 PM   #16375
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
METHINKS it's enough faux Shakespeare already.

Why then O great sage did God give man a mind to reason with?
So that he could comprehend and apply the knowledge and wisdom of God? Just a wild, crazy guess.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:21 PM   #16376
boxcar

Quote:
Do you think I care if you can't defend your reasoning? If you do not like your reasoning being questioned, find some simpletons who believe you have some personal authority over them and that they have to believe your presupposition that everything must be justified to you and you do not have to justify your assertions, when questioned.

BTW, you stated your logic is faulty, not me. I didn't ask you to respond to my observation regarding a verse you raised by your own initiative. You interjected with your reasoning based in imputation. I did not ask you to defend imputation as a theological belief. I only stated if your logic is true, then every believer has the same ability as Jacob. I raised Luther's teaching as being in harmony with the concept that every believer can boldly sin, strive against God, and prevail because God will forgive them.

Once again you misrepresent my words. Over several posts, I patienlty explained to you the issue is your reasoning and your ability to comprehend concepts conveyed through writing, and not about man's inherent nature. Yet, you cannot let go of the idea that the gist of my observation is based on man's evil inherent nature.

A point which is vital to your beliefs and your world view. Without, an inherently evil nature man does not deserve all the pain, suffering and misery God can heap upon man during man's earthly life and throughout eternity. Without this vital ingredient of inherent evil there is no need for your specific teachings. For this sole reason, you are twisting my words to make a straw man argument to perpetrate the idea that the gist of my observation is actually about man's nature.

In anticipation, to your response that I am glorifying man, due to the men in black robes teachings, I will save you the time. Man not having an inherent sinful nature, does not glorify man nor make man meritorious in their own salvation. If I believed such concepts, I would adhere to non-Christian Eastern Philosophies or religions that teach man can save himself through work, be it through reincarnation, meditation, or whatever means.

Now understand this in discovering your true self, the self which was called out of nonexistence into existence, by God through His Word, as an embodied spirit does not preclude meditation, contemplation, and other spiritual practices linked to transcendence to help us mature as God the Father desires. The act of transforming is not glorifying man nor making man meritorious in deserving salvation on his own. For we are to transform into the likeness of Jesus, the first fruit of many brothers, as being human and Divine, so that the full Divinity may dwell in the human, bodily temple of God.

Your inability regarding understanding of writen thoughts, as demonstrated in your above answer, only reinforces the claim, that you cannot understand thoughts and concepts conveyed in writing. Therefore, I would not trust you, nor should anyone else, to understand and explain complex spiritual concepts conveyed through writing.
How long have you been speaking into empty barrels in order to hear the resounding cacophony of your own jumbled thoughts?
Old 01-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #16377
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Sir, there are only two kinds of wisdom in this world, according to scripture. There is the wisdom of the world which God mocks; for the foolishness of God is wiser than that of mere sinful mortals. And then there is godly/spiritual wisdom which is contained only in God's Word. So, since the "wisdom" of which Thask spoke -- open minds through which anything can flow -- is not in the bible, then this must be the world's wisdom by default.

Tough logic to follow, eh?
Apparently, you have have some wordly wisdom. Your wisdom is pride. Pride in you believing you know thask's thoughts. Pride which wil not let you stop displaying your presumption every thought has to be justified to you and your nocomprehession.
George Washington
Old 01-02-2015, 05:30 PM   #16378
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
Jacob, with help from his mother, lied to his father.
For the Greater Good. The mother knew what God's plan was for Jacob and for Esau! Read the account in context some day.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:32 PM   #16379
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
How long have you been speaking into empty barrels in order to hear the resounding cacophony of your own jumbled thoughts?
As long as I have been speaking to you. A practice, which will stop.
George Washington
Old 01-02-2015, 05:38 PM   #16380
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
Hey, boxie. Are you ever going to get around to responding to #16180 or #16359 ?
Tell me, Actor, why am I obligated to answer any and all questions when so many here don't hold themselves to the same standard? And who made you the mouthpiece for TJ? He didn't even follow up on his own question, but now you're his self-appointed ambassador?

Now, I'm off to see why you're so excited about 16180. Hopefully, that is your own post at least.