Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 09-30-2021, 05:47 PM   #10156
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I don't always agree with Rand, but I loved this.
I think after the the Scalise shooting he just decided “screw it” and went all in on being the guy who calls out the bullshit government, much like his dad, but at a whole new level.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2021, 06:23 PM   #10157
thaskalos

Only the "left wing" is irrational??

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
In all seriousness, I hate to throw the name Hitler around at all, but yesterday I had a series of discussions with some very bright young left wing people on a few subjects.

They reminded me of the Hitler youth.

It's like they are programmed to believe everything left wing politicians and left wing media say and think everything everyone on the right says is a lie. Then the goal should be to impose the correct values and ideas on everyone else because anyone that's not with the program is either misinformed or too stupid to come to the correct conclusion. So they should be forced.

There is no consideration for the possibility that they might be wrong, if not now, possibly eventually.

There is no consideration for the possibility that being wrong could have dire consequences for others if you impose these things on them.

There is no consideration for the possibility that people might have different values or even the same values but in a different pecking order.

There is no consideration for the possibility that people might have the same exact values and pecking order but think we should address them a different way.

They don't understand a guy like me at all. Even when I agreed with their goals but found using coercion and the imposition of things on others immoral, the best they could do was say, this is not philosophical discussion.

It wasn't always like this. The left used to be completely different.
My experience in this is totally different than yours. I don't see any difference at all between the conservative and the liberal individuals that I see out there on the street. All the people out there are opinionated...and we all assume that our view of things is the "right one"...while the opposing views are "wrong". The "right" and the 'left' will always argue with one-another...and they will always be intolerant of each other's opinion. SO WHAT! Does that mean that one side is "right" while the other one is "wrong"? That's the CHILDISH way of looking at things...IMO.

I disagree with practically everyone on this site when it comes to politics...but I wouldn't consider the opposing views out there to be "dangerous" in any way to my survival. I can easily co-exist amidst all these different opinions, and if I can't...then the fault is mine, and mine alone. As far as I am concerned...the world would be a pretty boring place if all the people out there agreed with me on all the important life issues.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:26 PM   #10158
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
My experience in this is totally different than yours. I don't see any difference at all between the conservative and the liberal individuals that I see out there on the street. All the people out there are opinionated...and we all assume that our view of things is the "right one"...while the opposing views are "wrong". The "right" and the 'left' will always argue with one-another...and they will always be intolerant of each other's opinion. SO WHAT! Does that mean that one side is "right" while the other one is "wrong"? That's the CHILDISH way of looking at things...IMO.

I disagree with practically everyone on this site when it comes to politics...but I wouldn't consider the opposing views out there to be "dangerous" in any way to my survival. I can easily co-exist amidst all these different opinions, and if I can't...then the fault is mine, and mine alone. As far as I am concerned...the world would be a pretty boring place if all the people out there agreed with me on all the important life issues.

Hasn't the left taken this intolerance a bit far with their mandates and censorship?
Old 09-30-2021, 06:32 PM   #10159
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Hasn't the left taken this intolerance a bit far with their mandates and censorship?
But Classhandicapper was comparing the politicians with the "bright left-wing young people" that he meets on the street. I have many conservative friends...and they don't beat me over the head with their political beliefs. We learn to peacefully co-exist with one-another.

The politicians are all corrupt...and they all like to be heavy-handed whenever an important issue comes around. There is no "tolerance" on either side of the political spectrum...IMO. Let's not forget that the "If you aren't with us, you are against us" mantra was started by a "CONSERVATIVE" president.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:37 PM   #10160
AndyC

Quote:
But Classhandicapper was comparing the politicians with the "bright left-wing young people" that he meets on the street. I have many conservative friends...and they don't beat me over the head with their political beliefs. We learn to peacefully co-exist with one-another.

The politicians are all corrupt...and they all like to be heavy-handed whenever an important issue comes around. There is no "tolerance" on either side of the political spectrum...IMO. Let's not forget that the "If you aren't with us, you are against us" mantra was started by a "CONSERVATIVE" president.

Big difference between a mantra and a mandate.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:38 PM   #10161
thaskalos

Quote:
Big difference between a mantra and a mandate.
A mantra often leads to a mandate.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:40 PM   #10162
AndyC

Quote:
A mantra often leads to a mandate.

And the left is very good at making that happen.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:46 PM   #10163
thaskalos

Quote:
And the left is very good at making that happen.
Yup. The "right" has all the answers. George W. and Trump proved that conclusively.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:01 PM   #10164
fast4522

Quote:
Yup. The "right" has all the answers. George W. and Trump proved that conclusively.
Look I am being forced to play nice with you, you do know that right? Had Donald J. Trump been President for his second term 90 percent of our country would not be going through this shit every day. Everything is threatened by the far left you love so much, by your own words you live for anarchy. Small business are going out and turning the key after surviving this far into this ordeal. Good American's are being fired every day so you can continue to spew this trash. As it turns out Haitians have a endemic of TB they are bringing with them. What do you know about anything this week you can be honest about?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2021, 07:05 PM   #10165
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Look I am being forced to play nice with you, you do know that right? Had Donald J. Trump been President for his second term 90 percent of our country would not be going through this shit every day. Everything is threatened by the far left you love so much, by your own words you live for anarchy. Small business are going out and turning the key after surviving this far into this ordeal. Good American's are being fired every day so you can continue to spew this trash. As it turns out Haitians have a endemic of TB they are bringing with them. What do you know about anything this week you can be honest about?
You are being forced by WHOM to play nice with me?
Old 09-30-2021, 07:09 PM   #10166
tucker6

Quote:

Obama was not a conservative, thus proving your original point that both sides are guilty of demagoguery.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2021, 07:11 PM   #10167
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Obama was not a conservative, thus proving your original point that both sides are guilty of demagoguery.
When I came to this country, Nixon was president. So...I haven't seen a "decent" American President during my entire stay here.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:26 PM   #10168
fast4522

Quote:
When I came to this country, Nixon was president. So...I haven't seen a "decent" American President during my entire stay here.
So men are not perfect but you are, please.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2021, 07:28 PM   #10169
tucker6

Quote:
It's been 156 years but who is counting
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2021, 07:29 PM   #10170
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
So men are not perfect but you are, please.
Who is forcing you to "play nice" with me, tough guy?