Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-03-2023, 03:09 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Opinion: I’m a Jewish Columbia professor. I wouldn’t allow my children to go here now

But I bet he will still be a card-carrying liberal and vote DEMOCRAT every chance he gets...

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/03/opini...dai/index.html

Quote:
Abandoned by Columbia University — my very own employer — which, in the name of fostering “different points of view” has allowed such expressions to take place. Its statement that “we must avoid language that vilifies, threatens, or stereotypes entire groups of people” rings hollow when it doesn’t condemn the professors and students doing exactly that.

This is happening not in Gaza. Not in Israel. Here, in the United States of America. Here, at universities, which are supposed to provide safe spaces for everyone in the community. Everyone, it seems, but Jews and Israelis.
I'm not surprised at all that you felt abandoned by an ultra-left-wing institution like Columbia University...the fact that YOU ARE kind of shocked by this, professor, illustrates the entire problem here in America.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-03-2023 at 03:11 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2023, 03:18 PM   #2
Tor Ekman

I thought this was pretty good on the subject of liberals, particularly liberal Jews, waking up to reality . . .in this case it was Mayim Bialik being taken to task by this woman, who I'm guessing is an Iranian Jew

Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2023, 03:48 PM   #3
Inner Dirt

What did Mayim Bialik do? I admit I enjoyed watching the Big Bang Theory, other than the annoying laugh tracks.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2023, 04:55 PM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
What did Mayim Bialik do? I admit I enjoyed watching the Big Bang Theory, other than the annoying laugh tracks.
She’s been a staunch liberal, her entire life, including speaking out against conservatives. And now she wants to complain that she never knew or at least she acts like she never knew who the hard left really is and that’s the enemy of her people.
Old 11-03-2023, 05:28 PM   #5
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
She’s been a staunch liberal, her entire life, including speaking out against conservatives. And now she wants to complain that she never knew or at least she acts like she never knew who the hard left really is and that’s the enemy of her people.

I did not know her political views, I think most Hollywood and entertainment
types are out of touch lefties. Unless they are outspoken like my man Ted and most country singers. Ted as in Ted Nugent who is #2 on my all time favorite singer/band. #1 is Jimi Hendrix. For some reason when I see Mayim
I think of that Plain Jane song by Sammy Hagar. I can have some odd thoughts, I will chalk them up to being hit in the head a lot, and having too many concussions.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2023, 03:27 PM   #6
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
But I bet he will still be a card-carrying liberal and vote DEMOCRAT every chance he gets...

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/03/opini...dai/index.html

I'm not surprised at all that you felt abandoned by an ultra-left-wing institution like Columbia University...the fact that YOU ARE kind of shocked by this, professor, illustrates the entire problem here in America.
Your posting is based on a false premise:

That a Jewish parent can tell their child where to go and/or what to do.

It is the other way around.
Old 11-05-2023, 03:47 PM   #7
TJDave

On the serious side I can pretty much guarantee this professor was just called up.

Be interesting to check back to see if he went.
Old 11-06-2023, 05:49 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Old 11-07-2023, 12:10 PM   #9
BELMONT 6-6-09

I've told some Jewish friends who remarked about the blatant anti-Semitism that you must have wanted it because you keep voting for it. You knew Obama made several anti Israel remarks in his presidency and yet you still voted D!!!!

Now you deal with it!!!
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2023, 12:31 PM   #10
Tor Ekman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMONT 6-6-09 View Post
I've told some Jewish friends who remarked about the blatant anti-Semitism that you must have wanted it because you keep voting for it. You knew Obama made several anti Israel remarks in his presidency and yet you still voted D!!!!

Now you deal with it!!!
Interesting how everything was hunky dory with the left when it was just generic white folks being hated on by the lunatic fringe
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2023, 01:37 PM   #11
BELMONT 6-6-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman View Post
Interesting how everything was hunky dory with the left when it was just generic white folks being hated on by the lunatic fringe
Indeed
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply