Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #1
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Happy 400th Birthday, USA!

At least that is what Shelia Jackson Lee thinks.

Quote:
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, a Democrat representing Texas, suggested during a recent address to congressional colleagues that the Constitution and the American system of governance has lasted about 400 years — insinuating that our guiding legal document was signed around 1614.

Quote:
Ms. Lee is a graduate of Yale University and the University of Virginia Law School.
My question is....HOW?????
400 year old constitution, center of the Earth is millions of degrees, 58 states........no wonder the dems are so oblivious to reality!

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2vrOdog3R
Old 03-13-2014, 12:52 PM   #2
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
At least that is what Shelia Jackson Lee thinks.

You have to cut her some slack. She was only recently emancipated from slavery, and is no doubt still a little behind in her formal education.

Quote:
“I stand here as a freed slave because this Congress came together.”
Sheila Jackson Lee, February 13, 2013
Apparently slavery ended a little later in Texas than it did in the other 57 states.

Some other gems here. I was happy to be reassured about how well North and South Vietnam are getting along together these days.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:53 PM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Is she the same Eintstein that wanted to know if the Mars rover could take a photo of the Flag we left on the moon, of the moon car? Something like that - wrong planet?
Old 03-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #4
mostpost

Sorry Sheila, I can't help you with this one. Maybe she's not bad in history. Maybe she is bad at math.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #5
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Sorry Sheila, I can't help you with this one. Maybe she's not bad in history. Maybe she is bad at math.
I'll give you a hand just for fun.

The source linked capitalized "Constitution" in the text. But read more carefully. She never referenced "The Constitution". She said "...a constitution...". Should the capital "C" be there? Perhaps, but perhaps not. It is reasonable to imply that the formal system of governing in the period prior to 1787 was essentially operating under a constitution of some sort, even if this constitution of sorts were not referred to specifically as "a" and certainly not "the", constitution or even, Constitution.

Do I get an award for effort?

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 03-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #6
mostpost

I was googling "Stupid Republican quotes" because I know they are out there. Sure enough I found a site with several. One of them was this one.

Quote:
“I saw the young man over there with eggs Benedict, with hollandaise sauce. And I was going to suggest to you that you serve your eggs with hollandaise sauce in hubcaps. Because there’s no plates like chrome for the hollandaise.” ~ Mitt Romney
That is not stupid. That is clever and funny. If he thought of it himself, that is even better.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #7
boxcar

Quote:
Or then again, maybe she's just another Affirmative Action fatality churned out by a proud ivy league college.

Boxcar
Old 03-13-2014, 10:22 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Do I get an award for effort?
No, but the DNC wants you to come write for them.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:23 PM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Or then again, maybe she's just another Affirmative Action fatality churned out by a proud ivy league college.

Boxcar
You mean a quota?
Old 03-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

They're everywhere, they're everywhere!

Congressman Hank Johnson on Guam: "My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize,"

Nancy Pelosi on the economy: "every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs."

Joe Biden on the economy: "The number one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S."

Al Gore on zoology: "A zebra does not change its spots."

Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz on the newly passed health care law: "We actually have not required in this law that you carry health insurance."
Old 03-13-2014, 11:32 PM   #11
Overlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar

Boxcar
I don't know if my son's part-Filipino descent figured into his admission to Dartmouth College, but considering that he was accepted outright at only two of the six schools to which he applied (Indiana University being the other one, which was a slam dunk, since we were in-state residents at the time), despite being the valedictorian of his class, I was prepared to take admission to an Ivy League school in any way he/we could get it. (When he was admitted to Harvard Law School at the end of his college career, I felt like calling the admissions offices of the colleges that had rejected or wait-listed him, and giving them a giant raspberry (or worse) over the phone.)
Old 03-13-2014, 11:42 PM   #12
cj's dad

Quote:
I was googling "Stupid Republican quotes" because I know they are out there. Sure enough I found a site with several. One of them was this one.

That is not stupid. That is clever and funny. If he thought of it himself, that is even better.
You seem to be hung up on the "stupid" word.

As one of my favorite movie characters said

"Forrest Gump: Stupid is as stupid does"

You seem to fit the profile.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-14-2014 at 03:13 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:48 PM   #13
jerry-g

Just when you think you have heard all of the stupid things that are going on in the US -- this comes along...

Black hurricanes....

Well, it appears our African-American friends have found yet something else to be pissed about. A black congresswoman (this would be Sheila Jackson Lee, of
Houston), reportedly complained that the names of hurricanes are all Caucasian sounding names..

She would prefer some names that reflect African-American culture such as Chamiqua, Tanisha, Woeisha, Shaquille, and Jamal. I am NOT making this up!

She would also like the weather reports to be broadcast in 'language' that street people can understand because one of the problems that happened in New Orleans was, that black people couldn't understand the seriousness of the situation, due to the racially biased language of the weather report.

I guess if the weather person says that the winds are going to blow at 140+ MPH, that's too hard to understand

I can hear it now: A weatherman in
New Orleans says...

Wazzup, mutha-fukkas! Hehr-i-cane Chamiqua be headin' fo' yo ass like Leroy on a rocket!
Bitch be a category fo'! So, turn off dem chitlins, grab yo' chirren, leave yo crib, and head fo' de nearest FEMA office fo yo FREE shit

Old 03-14-2014, 01:52 AM   #14
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry-g
[

Wazzup, mutha-fukkas! Hehr-i-cane Chamiqua be headin' fo' yo ass like Leroy on a rocket!
Bitch be a category fo'! So, turn off dem chitlins, grab yo' chirren, leave yo crib, and head fo' de nearest FEMA office fo yo FREE shit[/color][/b]
Wow.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:05 AM   #15
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry-g
grab yo' chirren
I have black friends who think chirrens is the funniest word ever. Just say the word and they're doubled up on the floor.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: