Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 04-03-2021, 10:02 AM   #1
Teach

Meadowlands: Saturday, April 3

20-cent Pick-5

Race One:

In the “Big M” Saturday-night opener I’ve landed on 4 Palomar. “The Kiwi,” Dexter Dunn, opted to stay on-board this 6 YO Western Ideal-bred. This Camluck progeny went off “the chalk” last week. In that one, this Nick Sodano-trainee finished a closing 5th from an outside starting post. This evening, this gelding gets post-position relief. That could give this Monte Carlo Madam’s offspring a better chance of getting his picture taken. The mere fact that “DD” stayed on as his driver speaks volumes. I would be remiss if I didn’t say that this pacer turned in a scintillating 1:48.4 last year at “Club Med.” The last time this Hanover Shoe Farms “product” drew the 4-post he finished 2nd, a nose. I’m looking for improvement this evening. One in which we may hear George Ezra’s “Riding Shotgun.” Others: 7, 8, 5.

Race Two:

I’m going for a Jim Brown-double: “44.” That’s the number the football Hall-of-Famer, Jim Brown, wore when he played college football at SU in the mid-1950’s. Tangentially, years ago, I got a teaching job at a Long Island “bedroom” community called Manhasset when the interviewer asked me how I had heard of Manhasset. I answered, “Jim Brown.” And the rest, as they say, was history (the subject I taught). The question thus remains: “Can “DD” bring in both ends of the early double?” By now, I’m sure you’ve deduced that my pick here is 4 Eddard Hanover. This Dragon Again-bred could do little last week out of his extreme outside 10-post. But, alack and alas, he now draws mid-pack. That could make all the difference in the world. This The Ponderosa-bred did turn a 1:50.2 at Hoosier last year. The potential does exist. Jeff Cullipher and his “Cullipher Crew” train this 7 YO gelded son of Edra Hanover. This bay gelding has certainly faced better in the past. Is it possible that “DD” will “send” him? Only time will tell. Others: 3, 1, 6.

Race Three:

5 Winnerup gets my nod in this the third leg of the 20-cent pick-5 and the first leg of the 20-cent “Survivor-7”. I’m partial to the chauffeuring services of “Le Frelon Vert” (Green Hornet), Yannick Gingras, Sorel-Tracy sur Saint Lawrence. I believe Monsieur Gingras will have this 5 YO Credit Winner-bred trotter out and going when the wings retract. On the back-straight, he may even make like TGV (Train a Grande Vitesse). If that happens…? Anyway, the SJ‘s Caviar-bred has certainly faced better. Is this “his spot?” Ron Burke of “The Steel City’s” “Burke Brigade” trains. Others: 8, 1, 4.

Race Four:[/B]

Alexandre Dumas (You remember “The Three Musketeers”) once said: “Nothing Succeeds Like Success.” That phrase fits my pick here -- “to a tee,” as in the 5, My Alpha Rock N. This Rock N Roll Heaven-bred has strung together three-straight wins. Do I hear four? I personally see no reason why this New Zealand-bred can’t make it a “grand slam.” Yannick Gingras returns once again to handle this brown gelding’s “lines.” This Scott Betts-trainee should be forwardly placed. Finally, there’s been a metamorphosis of sorts when it comes to this Sparks a Flyin-bred. He did not hit the board in any of his 10 starts last year; yet, in 2021, he’s hit the tote in six out of seven tries. “When you’re hot, you’re hot…” Others: 3, 1, 7.

Race Five:

My choice here in what I view as a hotly-contested race is 5 Stellenbosch. This Mach Three-bred mare was coming like the Acela Express in her last. She just missed catching the distaffer who will be to her outside, Sweeter Lulu. This Jenna’s Beach Boy-bred now draws better. That could make a big difference. Scott Zeron, “The Money Man,” son of “The Whip,” will once again be in the sulky for trainer Scott Blackler. The Ontario-bred has been the “Matron of Honor” (finished 2nd) in her last two. Is tonight the night this 7 YO takes “her vows,” i.e., wins? This pacing mare has already turned in a 1:50.2 at the “Big M” this year. Anything approaching that time would be good enough to prevail here. Others: 8, 6, 9

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2021, 04:48 PM   #2
Teach

Race Six: 6-2-5-3

Race Seven: 8-2-4-3

Race Eight: 2-3-1-4

Race Nine: 7-3-5-1

Race Ten: 2-8-3-6

Race Eleven: 7-2-9-6

Race Twelve: 5-6-4-1

Race Thirteen: 4-1-7-2-9

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2021, 06:19 PM   #3
Boomer

Good Luck Teach

Race 1 win box

dd / p5 ////
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2021, 06:44 PM   #4
Boomer

Race 2