Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-22-2021, 08:25 PM   #31
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballard125 View Post
What's your thoughts on RYW and Medina Spirit
Rock would fit very well had he ran about two lengths faster from the 3/4 pole. I won’t let that dissuade me too much given the hotter early pace there but I won’t have as many betting units on him as KA or EQ pending the draw. He’s a solid EP7 and if he gets a favorable post will be able to carry the field a long way. It’s been tough passing the leader late in recent years. I think JR up is a huge plus for him. Silly me bet him in the SA Derby but failed to even make a token play on him in Pool 5 which would have bought some insurance.

I don’t think Medina fits that well here but like seeing JV on board. He just hasn’t shown another gear late in any race. I could see him filling bottom of super if bulk of speed holds like 2015 or well back if the chargers come like two years ago. I’m gonna let him beat be in exacta and tri wagers. I’d rather use a horse like Highly Motivated above him. The follow best horse angle that would have paid off kindly had I used it to put Instilled Regard in my super a few years back.

I’m fortunate to have EQ boxed with All Others in every future pool which gives me some leeway to play other combos.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2021, 08:34 PM   #32
dballard125

Quote:
Originally Posted by garywpt View Post
i just read a post that said in the last 20 years Baffert horses that did not win their final prep are 0-12 NOT hitting the top 4 finishers. will look more into it but a good thing to know
Wow, that is a very interesting stat. Thanks for sharing. Between this info and the good points F2 made above, I'm going to think more about where (or if) I want to play MS in my exotics.
dballard125 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2021, 08:39 PM   #33
dballard125

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
Rock would fit very well had he ran about two lengths faster from the 3/4 pole. I won’t let that dissuade me too much given the hotter early pace there but I won’t have as many betting units on him as KA or EQ pending the draw. He’s a solid EP7 and if he gets a favorable post will be able to carry the field a long way. It’s been tough passing the leader late in recent years. I think JR up is a huge plus for him. Silly me bet him in the SA Derby but failed to even make a token play on him in Pool 5 which would have bought some insurance.

I don’t think Medina fits that well here but like seeing JV on board. He just hasn’t shown another gear late in any race. I could see him filling bottom of super if bulk of speed holds like 2015 or well back if the chargers come like two years ago. I’m gonna let him beat be in exacta and tri wagers. I’d rather use a horse like Highly Motivated above him. The follow best horse angle that would have paid off kindly had I used it to put Instilled Regard in my super a few years back.

I’m fortunate to have EQ boxed with All Others in every future pool which gives me some leeway to play other combos.
Congrats on the SA win sir.

And thanks for the info above. I may have to rethink where (or if) I want to play Medina Spirit. Your point about another gear make sense. With the hot fractions RYW set in the SA, you would have thought Medina Spirit would have closed into his lead more than did, right?
Old 04-22-2021, 09:23 PM   #34
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballard125 View Post
With the hot fractions RYW set in the SA, you would have thought Medina Spirit would have closed into his lead more than did, right?
Brisnet has Medina as a pure speed E7 which I'm not quite sold on yet, but, if you take it verbatim the that's not the type to run down a leader late. He compares somewhat well on paper to a Dortmund who ran a respectable third in Derby. There's no AP to beat here but MS is not quite Dortmund either. He's #2 on the Bris Prime Power which is an angle in and of itself. If he gets a dreamy 4-7 hole then I'll consider throwing him in a tri wager or two. If I'm Baffert I'm sending from the gate and hope to hold up a a minor award. I think he's DOA playing the rating game. Hopefully he draws the 20 then I might just forget he's there at all.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:30 PM   #35
dballard125

Quote:
Brisnet has Medina as a pure speed E7 which I'm not quite sold on yet, but, if you take it verbatim the that's not the type to run down a leader late. He compares somewhat well on paper to a Dortmund who ran a respectable third in Derby. There's no AP to beat here but MS is not quite Dortmund either. He's #2 on the Bris Prime Power which is an angle in and of itself. If he gets a dreamy 4-7 hole then I'll consider throwing him in a tri wager or two. If I'm Baffert I'm sending from the gate and hope to hold up a a minor award. I think he's DOA playing the rating game. Hopefully he draws the 20 then I might just forget he's there at all.
Lol yeah, no doubt. Let's hope he draws far outside
Old 04-23-2021, 07:56 AM   #36
coacht

Question - where do you find the horses large heart trait?

Also, points is that what he earned to qualify for the Derby?

Thanks for the excellent information you provided.
coacht is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2021, 09:42 AM   #37
garywpt

Quote:
Originally Posted by coacht View Post
Question - where do you find the horses large heart trait?

Also, points is that what he earned to qualify for the Derby?

Thanks for the excellent information you provided.
From paid subscription to and here they come

2021 Derby Horses with X-Chromosomes of War Admiral or Mahmoud
large heart trait:

Hozier, Midnight Bourbon, Rock Your World, Sainthood

Horses with MULTIPLE LINES of these X-Chromosomes:
Bourbonic, Caddo River, Crowded Trade, Dynamic One, Essential Quality,
Get Her Number, Helium, Hidden Stash, Highly Motivated, Keep Me In Mind,
King Fury, Known Agenda, Like The King, Mandaloun, Medina Spirit, Proxy
garywpt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2021, 10:04 AM   #38
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Quote:
From paid subscription to and here they come

2021 Derby Horses with X-Chromosomes of War Admiral or Mahmoud
large heart trait:

Hozier, Midnight Bourbon, Rock Your World, Sainthood

Horses with MULTIPLE LINES of these X-Chromosomes:
Bourbonic, Caddo River, Crowded Trade, Dynamic One, Essential Quality,
Get Her Number, Helium, Hidden Stash, Highly Motivated, Keep Me In Mind,
King Fury, Known Agenda, Like The King, Mandaloun, Medina Spirit, Proxy
I used to have a subscription. But I found 3 key lines: Princquillo, Buckpasser, and the mare Myrtlewood. I'm sure I'm missing a lot more.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:14 AM   #39
coacht

Thanks for your quick response
coacht is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2021, 11:08 AM   #40
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip@DRF View Post
I used to have a subscription. But I found 3 key lines: Princquillo, Buckpasser, and the mare Myrtlewood. I'm sure I'm missing a lot more.
I would concur and add these lines seem more powerful, particularly Myrtlewood, when in tail female.
Old 04-23-2021, 02:10 PM   #41
garywpt

info from paid subscription

25 of the past 39 KY Derby winners and 5 of the last 6 KY Derby winners had Broodmare sire line that traces back to Nasrullah, Northern Dancer, Princequillo or Turn-To and these fit:

Caddo River, Crowded Trade, Get Her Number, Highly Motivated,
Hot Rod Charlie, King Fury, Known Agenda, Like The King, Medina Spirit,
Midnight Bourbon, O Besos, Sainthood, Soup & Sandwich
garywpt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2021, 02:02 PM   #42
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
info from paid subscription

25 of the past 39 KY Derby winners and 5 of the last 6 KY Derby winners had Broodmare sire line that traces back to Nasrullah, Northern Dancer, Princequillo or Turn-To and these fit:

Caddo River, Crowded Trade, Get Her Number, Highly Motivated,
Hot Rod Charlie, King Fury, Known Agenda, Like The King, Medina Spirit,
Midnight Bourbon, O Besos, Sainthood, Soup & Sandwich
Are you posting stuff people would normally have to pay for?

Please don't.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:21 PM   #43
f2tornado

Buckpasser-x Exacta

Quote:
These are the ones I noted from the top 22 potentials.

Dynamic One (tail)
Highly Motivated
Known Agenda
Like the King (x2)
Mandaloun
Medina Spirit (x2)
Rock Your World
Sanithood
Soup and Sandwich

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: