Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-21-2021, 11:28 AM   #7126
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Wouldn't it be easier for you to just admit that you are not a man of your word? You may be one of "God's chosen few"...but you seem to come up a little short in the "integrity" department. Is that so hard a thing for you to admit...at least to yourself?
Still beating the same ol' dead horse. Find Hcap and I'll make good on my debt to HIM. (The operative phrase here is "to HIM".)
Old 04-21-2021, 11:40 PM   #7127
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Christian shocked that Jews reject Jesus who was foretold by Prophets! Rabbi Tovia Singer responds

Old 04-22-2021, 02:23 AM   #7128
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Everything Paul summarized about the relationship between YHWH and Israel is stated in the OT in some form or another. Ask the rabbi if he thinks Paul was lying.
There is no evidence that Paul ever existed.
Old 04-22-2021, 02:45 AM   #7129
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
The universe cannot be eternal because what is eternal by nature cannot change.
Why not?

Quote:
Yet, this universe is filled with change, including changes of things coming and going out of existence.
Just to clarify, can you give an example of something "coming and going out of existence"?

Quote:
By the way, "it is what it is" is circular.
But that's the First Law of Logic. Are you denying the laws of logic?
Old 04-22-2021, 08:50 AM   #7130
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Why not?

Just to clarify, can you give an example of something "coming and going out of existence"?

But that's the First Law of Logic. Are you denying the laws of logic?
Ive answered these questions previously. If you can find these ancient quotes of mine, you can find the answers, as well.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:52 AM   #7131
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Christian shocked that Jews reject Jesus who was foretold by Prophets! Rabbi Tovia Singer responds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkaFrO20qTk
I'm not shocked. There are also prophecies that foretold of the rejection of the Messiah due to the hardness of Jews' hearts.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:53 AM   #7132
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
There is no evidence that Paul ever existed.
Sure there is. It's in scripture.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:41 AM   #7133
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I'm not shocked. There are also prophecies that foretold of the rejection of the Messiah due to the hardness of Jews' hearts.
Scales and shmales, right Boxcar?
Old 04-22-2021, 11:19 AM   #7134
boxcar

Quote:
Scales and shmales, right Boxcar?
And then there is Jewish history as recorded in the OT. Very embarrassing history. Shameful history. Lots of checkered history! The kind of history the rabbi Singers of this world would rather not talk about. The ancient Jews have so many elephants in the room, it's difficult to know where to start. But perhaps the largest pachyderm of 'em all is when the Jews outright rejected their heavenly Father and his theocratic kingdom during the period of the Judges in Israel -- setting a very dubious precedent. So, since they rejected the Father many centuries before He sent his Son to the nation, why would any straight-thinking rabbi wax incredulous at the thought that Israel would also reject the Messiah the Son of David, the Son of God when he appeared to them?

Another great question to ask rabbi Singer, yes?
Old 04-22-2021, 11:41 AM   #7135
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
And then there is Jewish history as recorded in the OT. Very embarrassing history. Shameful history. Lots of checkered history!
Sounds like one could almost justify wanting to kill them all over this (as you claim) embarrassing, shameful and checkered history.
Old 04-22-2021, 11:52 AM   #7136
boxcar

Quote:
Sounds like one could almost justify wanting to kill them all over this (as you claim) embarrassing, shameful and checkered history.
It's all there in the OT which you like to thump on these days from high up on your perch of an egg crate, even though what you know wouldn't cover the bottom of a thimble. But rabbi Singer knows...he just doesn't want to talk about it.

Ask him why Israel rejected the rule of their God during the period of the Judges.

P.S. Neither the Old or New Testaments "justify wanting to kill them". Kind of important that you keep this distinction in mind -- between what the bible sanctions or doesn't and what evil men justify.
Old 04-22-2021, 12:27 PM   #7137
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
It's all there in the OT which you like to thump on these days from high up on your perch of an egg crate, even though what you know wouldn't cover the bottom of a thimble. But rabbi Singer knows...he just doesn't want to talk about it.
He talks about it TONS here:

https://outreachjudaism.org/god-divorce-israel/

They say, “If a man divorces his wife, and she goes from him and becomes another man’s, may he return to her again?” Would not that land be greatly polluted? But you have played the harlot with many lovers; “Yet return to Me,” says the Lord.

(Jeremiah 3:1)

Quote:
Yet, by what means can the Jewish people return to the Almighty?

A few chapters later, Jeremiah answers this question as he outlines for his disobedient nation how restore their relationship with God.

In Jeremiah’s seventh chapter, the prophet warns his people not to place their hopes on blood sacrifices or look to The Temple of the Lord to save them. Jeremiah proclaims that these institutions cannot deliver them from their brazen sins. Rather, they must turn away from idolatry, and return to God by keeping the commandments.

There is no Christian voice in Jeremiah’s epoch message on atonement.

So said the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel, “Improve your ways and your deeds, I then will allow you to dwell in this place. Do not rely on false words, saying, ‘The Temple of the Lord, The Temple of the Lord, The Temple of the Lord are they.’ If you improve your ways and your deeds, if you perform judgment between one man and his fellow man, you do not oppress the stranger, an orphan, or a widow, and you do not shed innocent blood in this place, and you do not follow other gods for your detriment. I will then allow you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave your forefathers from days of yore to eternity. . . So says the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel, “Add your burnt offerings upon your sacrifices and eat flesh; for neither did I speak with your forefathers nor did I command them on the day I brought them out of the land of Egypt concerning a burnt offering or a sacrifice. This thing did I command them saying, ‘Listen to Me so that I am your God and you are My people, you walk in all the ways that I command you…'”

(Jeremiah 7:3-7, 21-23)
The seventh chapter of Jeremiah stands as a glaring indictment against the Church’s most cherished creeds.

For example, according to Christian doctrine, there is nothing man can do to merit salvation through his own “works” or repentance. Atonement, Christendom argues, can only be achieved through the shedding of innocent blood. Throughout the seventh chapter of Jeremiah, however, the prophet rebukes this aberrant teaching. God desires repentance alone for man’s grievous sins, not blood sacrifices, Jeremiah loudly declares.
Old 04-22-2021, 12:29 PM   #7138
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Finally, as we explore Jeremiah’s message, pay particular attention to what appears nowhere in the prophet’s message.
The cornerstone teachings of the Church are nowhere to be found in the Book of Jeremiah. As a result, this chapter presents a monumental theological problem for Christians. Why isn’t there one word throughout the prophet’s admonishment about believing in Jesus for salvation?

This prophecy contains the essential guide into a pure relationship with God for those who have lost their spiritual path. Why didn’t Jeremiah, as he points his wayward nation in the direction of Godliness, direct the Jewish people to Jesus’ atoning death at Calvary? Why did Jeremiah instead prophesy that the day will come when the Jewish people will be restored to their land as a result of their own heartfelt repentance (Jeremiah 3:14-18) rather than a belief in a resurrected messiah? According to Christian doctrine, repentance alone can do nothing to save man from damnation. He can weep and wax forth with humble words of remorse from dawn until dusk, but without the blood of the Cross, missionaries argue, there can be no remission of sin.

Why didn’t the prophet mention this foundational Church creed in his sermon on forgiveness? Why didn’t Jeremiah warn his people that they would eventually be restored if only they believed in Jesus as their Lord and Savior?

Moreover, why would Jeremiah prophesy that in this act of penitence, you will one day “call Me ‘My Father,’ and not turn away from Me” (3:4)? Why is there no mention in Jeremiah’s prophecy of the Jewish people calling out to the Son or the Holy Spirit in repentance? In short, why aren’t the foundational claims of Christendom foundanywhere throughout Jeremiah’s prophetic sermon on atonement? Why didn’t Jeremiah express the ideas that the Church would have wanted him to say?
Good stuff
Old 04-22-2021, 12:34 PM   #7139
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Rabbi Singer loves to talk...how can you say he hides from uncomfortable topics?

Quote:
Your next question argues that Jews can only find salvation through a “new covenant” or New Testament (the Greek word diatheke means both a “covenant” and a “testament”). This “new covenant,” missionaries argue, is the covenant of the Cross that was fulfilled nearly 2,000 years ago when the blood of Jesus was shed for the sins of mankind. Moreover, Christians insist, this new covenant was prophesied,

“Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant (בְּרִית. bris) with the House of Israel and with the House of Judah. Not like the covenant (bris) which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord. “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them, and on their hearts I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” says the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

(Jeremiah 31:31-34)
Missionaries maintain that Jeremiah’s “new covenant” is an unveiled reference to the New Testament, which speaks of salvation by believing in the atoning death of Jesus:

…for this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

(Matthew 26:28)
What of the Sinaitic covenant founded on the keeping of the Torah’s commandments?

Commenting on Jeremiah 31:31, the author of the Book of Hebrews declares that the Torah’s lifegiving commandments are obsolete and concludes:

In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

(Hebrews 8:13)
It is therefore not difficult to understand how the Calvinist author Arthur W. Pink, in his An Exposition of Hebrews, argues,

It is exceedingly difficult, if not quite impossible, for us to form any adequate conception of the serious obstacles presented to the mind of a pious Jew, when any one sought to persuade him that Judaism had been set aside by God and that he must turn his own back upon it.1
While some people find Pink’s conclusion reprehensible, this author is a committed Reformed Christian. He is simply drawing the conclusion clearly conveyed in the Book of Hebrews. Essentially, the Book of Hebrews is a multifaceted polemic against the Church’s elder rival, Judaism. In order to answer your question regarding Jeremiah’s prophecy of a “new covenant,” understand first how the New Testament has misapplied and altered Jeremiah 31:31-34, and then grasp the prophet’s message in these four well-known verses.
As mentioned above, missionaries argue that Jeremiah 31:31-34 is a prophecy of an event that occurred nearly 2,000 years ago, with Jesus’ death on the cross. They insist that this is the new covenant replaced the old, obsolete Mosaic covenant forged with the entire nation of Israel at the foot at Mt. Sinai.

This Christian rendering of Jeremiah’s prophecy of a “new covenant,” however, is an extraordinary reconstruction of the prophet’s own words. Jeremiah 31:31-34 is not a prophecy that occurred 2,000 years ago, or any time in the past. Rather, it is a prophecy that will be fulfilled in the future messianic age.

The fact that Jeremiah 31:31-34 begins with the prophet addressing both the “House of Israel and the House of Judah” clearly indicates that Jeremiah is speaking to the Jewish people, following the reunification and restoration of the ten lost tribes. No restoration occurred at the time when Christians claim the new covenant was fulfilled in Jesus’ death. Quite the contrary, during the Christian century the House of Israel did not exist – Assyria exiled the Kingdom of Israel more than seven centuries earlier (approx. 732 B.C.E.). Moreover, during the first century, the Jewish people were spread throughout the Roman Empire and beyond. Thus, the vast bulk of “House of Judah” did not reside in the Promised Land during Jesus’ lifetime.

In short, the era of the new covenant has not yet arrived. Rather, Jeremiah’s prophecy addresses a future messianic age when the entire Jewish people – both Judah and Israel – will be restored, reunited, in the land of Israel (Ezekiel 37:15-22). On the contrary, there had been no time in history when the Jewish people were more fractured and dispersed than the first century C.E. when, the author of the Book of Hebrews claims that Jeremiah’s prophecy of a new covenant was fulfilled. Moreover, a cursory reading of verse 31:34, further confirms that Jeremiah’s prophecy is not speaking of a Christian cross 2,000 years ago but rather a restored Jewish people in the future messianic era. Missionaries often overlook verse 34 and emphasize only 31:31-33 when quoting Jeremiah’s declaration of a new covenant. This oversight shatters their interpretation of this prophecy, because clearly this passage speaks of the future new covenant era. Jeremiah states:

No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, “Know the Lord,” for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord; for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.

(Jeremiah 31:34)
The above verse clearly speaks of an age that will be realized during an epoch of the universal knowledge of God. It will occur when no one will have to teach his neighbor about God, “for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them…” Did this epic event occur during the first century C.E., or at any time since? Does every human being “know the Lord”? This is hardly the case.

The Church is spending many hundreds of millions of dollars annually in order to convert masses worldwide to Christianity. There are roughly one billion Moslems and Hindus in the world today who, according to Christian teachings, do not know the Lord; and there are an untold number of atheists throughout the globe who certainly do not know any Lord.

Has Jeremiah’s prophecy of a “new covenant” as yet been fulfilled by anyone’s standards? Are we living in a time when each and every person “knows the Lord”?
There is lots more on that page that I linked above, if you care to read what Singer has to say...I've already violated my own copyright laws many times over by reproducing so much here.
Old 04-22-2021, 01:47 PM   #7140
boxcar

Quote:
Good stuff
There's plenty in the OT about believing in the Messiah. Why does the rabbi insist that that requirement be found in Jeremiah?

Also, the rabbi has not answered any of my tough questions! Here they are again:

1. Why did God decree that Jerusalem and the temple be destroyed by the Roman armies in 70 A.D., [b]thereby utterly abolishing the Mosaic Covenant[/b ? What horrendous thing did the nation do to deserve such a severe punishment?

2. How can any Jew today be saved since there are no blood sacrifices due to the events of 70 A.D. -- sacrifices that are COMMANDED in the Law of Moses for the atonement of sins?

3. How could the Levitical priesthood also come to such an ignominious end in 70 A.D. when God promised through his prophet Jeremiah that that would never happen!? How could God's Word have failed?

4. Would rabbi Singer characterize ancient Israel and Judah as a faithful, covenant-keeping kingdoms or as as unfaithful, covenant-breaking kingdoms?

5. Since Israel during the period of the Judges rejected their covenant-making God's lordship, why would the rabbi believe that Israel wouldn't also reject God's Son whom He sent to the nation many centuries later?

He needs to address THESE issues. He needs to address these because these cut to the chase of whether or not the Old Covenant has been abrogated. And if the Mosaic Covenant has been annuled then the rabbi and all other unbelieving Jews are truly up the proverbial creek without a paddle because divine revelation in the Law of Moses provides no other remedy for forgiveness and atonement of sins, other than the God-ordained temple rituals of blood sacrifices performed by Levitical priests. Rabbi Singer's own words will condemn him because he refuses to believe the new remedy God has provided for the forgiveness and atonement of sins; therefore the rabbi leaves himself with no redemptive remedy!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: