Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-23-2020, 10:02 AM   #1
cnollfan

Broberg and Remington

Last night trainer Karl Broberg tweeted:

It is with a heavy heart I leave
@RemingtonPark tonight knowing that I’m not wanted

Any knowledge of what this might be about? He won the opening night feature with Hunka Burning Love.
cnollfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2020, 02:08 PM   #2
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnollfan View Post
Last night trainer Karl Broberg tweeted:

It is with a heavy heart I leave
@RemingtonPark tonight knowing that I’m not wanted

Any knowledge of what this might be about? He won the opening night feature with Hunka Burning Love.
Further down Broberg's own tweet and respond timeline, it turns out that Hunka Burning Love was shipped in for the win. Broberg has been denied stalls at Remington - per what I inferred from how he responded, it is not anything like medication violations, etc., but more of saying undesirable things on social media (and possibly in person), some of which stem from desiring to change the "status quo" with regard to the way aspects of racing are conducted.

So he won't have a regular string at Remington. He apparently is not being denied the ability to enter, so he can still "poach" some wins from the receiving barn.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2020, 06:13 PM   #3
tbwinner

TDN and Paulick I think had a writeup saying Broberg thinks it's because of his Twitter comments being negative on the owner of RP and LS.

I kinda like Karl and his ability to shake things up. I know he has great assistants and that he is more the organization guy, but he knows how to place em and run them, and his results show.

I am looking forward to him shaking up Hawthorne a bit, might make it a more playable meet this fall!
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2020, 06:26 PM   #4
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post
TDN and Paulick I think had a writeup saying Broberg thinks it's because of his Twitter comments being negative on the owner of RP and LS.

I kinda like Karl and his ability to shake things up. I know he has great assistants and that he is more the organization guy, but he knows how to place em and run them, and his results show.

I am looking forward to him shaking up Hawthorne a bit, might make it a more playable meet this fall!
If you think a trainer like hem makes things more playable, you are crazy.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2020, 07:43 PM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Pretty strong trainer group at Remington, so his entries made things better here in my opinion. Was nice to have somebody to compete with Asmussen, Diodoro, etc.

That said, he has a couple horses entered on Friday night. Maybe the entries were taken before his announcement. We'll see tomorrow I guess.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2020, 09:01 PM   #6
tbwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Pretty strong trainer group at Remington, so his entries made things better here in my opinion. Was nice to have somebody to compete with Asmussen, Diodoro, etc.

That said, he has a couple horses entered on Friday night. Maybe the entries were taken before his announcement. We'll see tomorrow I guess.
He is allowed to enter, just no stalls. Has horses at a nearby training center.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2020, 09:26 PM   #7
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post
He is allowed to enter, just no stalls. Has horses at a nearby training center.
Right, but I thought he said he wasn't going to if he didn't get stalls. Maybe I misunderstood.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2020, 08:19 PM   #8
Jeffwb

What I took from the Twitter conversation is that he made some kind of remarks about MTO entrants on the turf and made some kind of reference to Asmussen in regards to that. My point would be if it's that petty it's crazy; heck, a little "trash" talk (and from what I saw Broberg's tweet didn't really even amount to that anyway) would be good for the game! I really don't like how tracks can make such harsh decisions without revealing to people what is going on in the matter. Broberg seems like a really cool, down to earth, trainer. And for certain his horses get a lot of respect. On that merit alone one would think that RP owes it to the fans to give a more elaborate statement.
Jeffwb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply