Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-10-2020, 11:14 AM   #16
Appy

I think that compared to most lower tiered circuits racing in Nebraska is very good. People are friendly and enthusiastic and the facilities are pretty good. Fonner and Columbus were my faves. Barn area too crowded at Lincoln, but that's the case at most tracks. I never had the chance to take horses to Omaha. I met a lot of really fine people in Nebraska.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:24 AM   #17
cnollfan

I went to a handicapping contest at Fonner Park in January (before their live season opened). Chris Kotulak was extremely helpful and accommodating getting me set up with my laptop. I daresay he would do a better job running some big-city racetracks than their current management does. But I'm glad we've got him.
cnollfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 12:13 PM   #18
clicknow

I saw some fonner videos on twitter yesterday, from Saturday, the crowds looks good in terms of very healthy attendance. Very nice.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 07:30 PM   #19
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
No problems at Fonner Park getting a big crowd on Saturdays.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1236716850387402752
excellent-thanks for posting!
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 07:35 PM   #20
Afleet

I almost went there last Saturday. Weather was supposed to be very windy and I have drove I-80 in high winds-wasn't that much fun
Old 03-10-2020, 08:12 PM   #21
Immortal6

We own a couple horses there, and I live 20 minutes away from Fonner. Have a horse that will be running again on the 21st of March (Sat.) if all goes according to plan. Anyone on here is welcome to PM me if you’re going to be out there and we can meet up for a beer.
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 08:21 PM   #22
clarkd32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnollfan View Post
I went to a handicapping contest at Fonner Park in January (before their live season opened). Chris Kotulak was extremely helpful and accommodating getting me set up with my laptop. I daresay he would do a better job running some big-city racetracks than their current management does. But I'm glad we've got him.
I was at the same contest. It was my first time at Fonner and had a great experience. Chris was extremely helpful. I hope to make it back for live racing some weekend.

I'll be at the Lincoln contest this weekend.
clarkd32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2020, 05:48 PM   #23
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal6 View Post
We own a couple horses there, and I live 20 minutes away from Fonner. Have a horse that will be running again on the 21st of March (Sat.) if all goes according to plan. Anyone on here is welcome to PM me if you’re going to be out there and we can meet up for a beer.
I might head up for the contest, but there is a chance for snow. What tracks will be in the contest? I checked their website and didn't see anything. Any info about the format would be much appreciated
Old 03-11-2020, 07:22 PM   #24
Immortal6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
I might head up for the contest, but there is a chance for snow. What tracks will be in the contest? I checked their website and didn't see anything. Any info about the format would be much appreciated
Lincoln has the contest this weekend and Omaha’s is is the weekend after. Fonner doesn’t have a contest this weekend that I’m aware of.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3AA1524E-CD75-4473-99AD-AAB1920828A8.jpg (346.1 KB, 7 views)
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2020, 09:08 PM   #25
jay68802

No contests at Fonner.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2020, 09:03 AM   #26
clarkd32

Quote:
I think the website has their simulcast schedule, which I am assuming any track is eligible. Pretty sure the last race for the contest is at 5pm (although the Rebel is 5:23 post time so I wonder if they will make that the last race?). It is W/P only I think also for the contest.
clarkd32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2020, 12:05 PM   #27
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkd32 View Post
I think the website has their simulcast schedule, which I am assuming any track is eligible. Pretty sure the last race for the contest is at 5pm (although the Rebel is 5:23 post time so I wonder if they will make that the last race?). It is W/P only I think also for the contest.
thanks; so 10-12 races of our choice? Never played in these type of formats. I have only played online contests that tell you the races you are playing
Old 03-12-2020, 12:26 PM   #28
cnollfan

The structure for the Lincoln Race Course and Horsemen's Park handicapping contests on March 14 and March 21 is the same. $20 entry fee, $100 live bankroll, win and place wagering only. You must bet at least $100 and must bet on at least six races. Beyond that, there are no rules. Any track that is simulcast is eligible, any size wager, no odds caps.

The contest cuts off at 5 p.m. CDT. That means the Rebel and the 11th race at Oaklawn are NOT part of the contest. Neither is the 11th at Gulfstream. That's ridiculous, but those are the rules.

Not sure how the rules will apply to the Hurricane Bertie at Gulfstream with a scheduled post of 4:52 p.m. CDT, excluding a notorious post-time drag.

The complete rules are not posted on the tracks' websites, but are accessible on their Facebook pages.

I'll play at Horsemen's, but the Fonner contest is better IMHO -- no arbitrary this-race-counts-but-that-one-doesn't rules, runs to the end of the California racing day, virtually all bets accepted.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:41 PM   #29
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnollfan View Post
The structure for the Lincoln Race Course and Horsemen's Park handicapping contests on March 14 and March 21 is the same. $20 entry fee, $100 live bankroll, win and place wagering only. You must bet at least $100 and must bet on at least six races. Beyond that, there are no rules. Any track that is simulcast is eligible, any size wager, no odds caps.

The contest cuts off at 5 p.m. CDT. That means the Rebel and the 11th race at Oaklawn are NOT part of the contest. Neither is the 11th at Gulfstream. That's ridiculous, but those are the rules.

Not sure how the rules will apply to the Hurricane Bertie at Gulfstream with a scheduled post of 4:52 p.m. CDT, excluding a notorious post-time drag.

The complete rules are not posted on the tracks' websites, but are accessible on their Facebook pages.

I'll play at Horsemen's, but the Fonner contest is better IMHO -- no arbitrary this-race-counts-but-that-one-doesn't rules, runs to the end of the California racing day, virtually all bets accepted.
Can you play the Lincoln contest @Horsemans?
Old 03-12-2020, 03:38 PM   #30
cnollfan

Quote:
Can you play the Lincoln contest @Horsemans?
No, you must be at the specific venue for each contest.