Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-24-2017, 09:34 PM   #181
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
"I'm not talking about Trump", and then your very next sentence starts with Trump and lambasting him.

GTFO.
I said he's gotten some things right but his pandering to the far right (see Alt or Tea Party... which pervades this forum is troublesome.

I am happy DACA will stand.

I am happy we likely won't be wasting money on a wall but possibly generating real and effective immigration.

Im glad he's targeting the CFPB.

I'm glad he believes in a strong UN.

These are all things that now seem likely and go against his base. Hence the doublespeak comment. Pretty much everything the man says on Twitter is idiotic but you folks eat it up.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 09-24-2017 at 09:42 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2017, 09:56 PM   #182
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
By that, you mean waking up the sleeping bear?
NFL prima donnas and the MSM are sleeping bears? That is who are a lot more stirred up this week after Trump's comments.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:13 PM   #183
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I just found out today that a fairly prominent member (well, actually, 2 prominent members) of the racing community have allegedly labeled PA an "alt-right cesspool."
I can't believe you're surprised by this. Ive only been telling you it for years.

With all due respect this board is like your kid. Parents are always the last ones to see when their kids have problems.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2017, 10:18 PM   #184
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
NFL prima donnas and the MSM are sleeping bears? That is who are a lot more stirred up this week after Trump's comments.
No no no. He means the alt right snowflakes who have been "trampled on" somehow for many years.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:28 PM   #185
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
I can count those on a couple hands and feet. The average Joe posting out there in comment sections and on FB and twitter are hot about this, and it's hundreds and hundreds of comments. That's the sleeping bear.

Most all of them agree with Trump. Find another way of protesting other than disrespecting the flag, America, and our soldiers. For most, you don't mess with those things.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2017, 10:32 PM   #186
Dahoss9698
Veteran

People who post on Facebook are hot about this.

Hundreds and hundreds of comments.

You can't make this stuff up.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:33 PM   #187
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
I can't believe you're surprised by this. Ive only been telling you it for years.

With all due respect this board is like your kid. Parents are always the last ones to see when their kids have problems.
The next line in the quote was "I just find these labels hilarious. The lefties on here name-call and have as big or bigger foul mouths then those on the right. But that doesn't bother them."

Yes, it is those darned name-calling liberals that cause the conservatives to resort to their need to post their alt-right views and name call back. Dude (PA), conservatives outnumber liberal by about 20-1. I still can't decide which I am since I prefer conservatism on the fiscal side.
Old 09-24-2017, 10:41 PM   #188
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
The next line in the quote was "I just find these labels hilarious. The lefties on here name-call and have as big or bigger foul mouths then those on the right. But that doesn't bother them."

Yes, it is those darned name-calling liberals that cause the conservatives to resort to their need to post their alt-right views and name call back. Dude (PA), conservatives outnumber liberal by about 20-1. I still can't decide which I am since I prefer conservatism on the fiscal side.
Invite some liberals then to join the party.

You guys act like I ban liberals. Hell, even when liberals asked to be banned, I don't ban them...

Don't look at me. Bring some liberals back...all are welcome.

Racing tends to attract an older demographic, and older demographics tend to trend right...sorry...that's the way it is...

There are plenty of dead racing forums out there that you guys are welcome to go try and revive and make it a left wing cesspool if you wish, on their off-topic section.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2017, 10:42 PM   #189
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I'm not surprised by it. Ignorance runs rampant through this industry.

I'm actually amused by it...the new labels and all that. As if they actually mean something truly evil is going down in PA off-topic...

Some people need to get a grip.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2017, 10:49 PM   #190
Jess Hawsen Arown

[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage;2223941

Racing tends to attract an older demographic, and older demographics tend to trend right...sorry...that's the way it is...

[/QUOTE]

Winston Churchill defined this phenomenon best. He said, "Those who are not liberals when they are twenty years old, have no soul. Those who are still liberals when they are forty, have no brains."
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2017, 10:56 PM   #191
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Like I said not too long ago, the American Flag will soon be seen, by a not so insignificant number of people, as the Confederate Flag is currently seen by a great number of people. It's already happening.

There will be places, in certain states in this country, not too long from now, where you will see them STOP flying the American Flag. Of this I have no doubt.
Do a search for "bans American flag" on google. Tons of hits and stories
Old 09-24-2017, 10:56 PM   #192
ElKabong

Quote:

There are plenty of dead racing forums out there that you guys are welcome to go try and revive and make it a left wing cesspool if you wish, on their off-topic section.
They're dead for a reason. They suck.

I've followed and posted on this forum since 1999, no racing forum comes close to this one. King fin is partially right, but At first this board was mostly liberal. ..when they couldn't over run the conservatives they'd disappear until a Potus election went their way (suuferrindowns, Holla)

This, like many boards, will lose a number of liberals over the years. Most arguements don't tilt in their favor. Example, obamacare. Even mosty can't defend it, the other water carriers have long since departed the struggle
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2017, 11:01 PM   #193
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I said he's gotten some things right but his pandering to the far right (see Alt or Tea Party... which pervades this forum is troublesome.

I am happy DACA will stand.

I am happy we likely won't be wasting money on a wall but possibly generating real and effective immigration.

Im glad he's targeting the CFPB.

I'm glad he believes in a strong UN.

These are all things that now seem likely and go against his base. Hence the doublespeak comment. Pretty much everything the man says on Twitter is idiotic but you folks eat it up.
If you define the Tea Party as "alt right" you are officially full of it
Old 09-24-2017, 11:03 PM   #194
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
People who post on Facebook are hot about this.

Hundreds and hundreds of comments.

You can't make this stuff up.
You are totally ignorant to the Facebook numbers huh?
Old 09-24-2017, 11:08 PM   #195
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
If you define the Tea Party as "alt right" you are officially full of it
Depends on which Tea Party group you refer to. There is the lower tax grassroots one, the religious right, the dabbled in witchcraft one, etc. etc. You could change it to reactionary conservative if you want. I don't care, whatever floats your boat.

You're just nitpicking a word choice. The emphasis of my post is still there.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply